[SHIP][AE] The Potential - UPDATED 2015/08/16

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Potential - UPDATED 2015/08/16

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:58 am

you can also start the game with more then 8 crew but from memory as soon as you 'gain' or 'lose' one you have to get rid of all of them up until the last 8.

That was pre-AE though, they might crash the game now.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Potential - TYPE B released (by R4V3-0N)

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:11 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpbkpfnaujent ... B.ftl?dl=0

Vola, here is my type B, some changes occured, now uses a single missile launcher and also increased reactor to the power of 2 (1 caused weird UI bug?) and also gave it an augment to help the battery out.
This ship unlike the type A is immune from crashes* as well as the ability to go in ion storms, thus meaning you can still play this as a stand alone without the type A being required.

5thHorseman you can update this into the Original post now. I did make new gibs, it's rough but works. This ship is a bit okay in the early sectors but it has different set of problems

Potential type A = not good starting equipment and levels, besides minor scrap for upgrades, it needs RNG for equipment.
Potential type B = meh weapons, but artillery makes up for it. However it has poor power, needs 30 scrap per reactor upgrade at first (first 3) so thats' 90 scrap for power alone to get 5. This however means this ship is terribad at ballance.

Easy = yay!
Normal = this is tough... but I see the potential in it
Hard = OH GAWD! WHERE DID THOSE GIANT SPIDERS COME FROM! [translation: you probably be at 5 reactor power by sector 2 at best]
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Potential - TYPE B released (by R4V3-0N)

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:19 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Vola, here is my type B

I tried to run his as the only mod and FTL crashed as soon as I clicked "B" on the Kestrel.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:10 pm

hmmm.. I thought I fixed that bug, maybe I grabbed the wrong one for the dropbox link, perhaps you can go on superluminal and fix it. Superluminal will still open it as normal and after you set the offset and stuff it'll be fine when put into a .ftl, the reason I can't do it is that I am currently going to hospital. no emergency or life threatening, but it will mean I will not be able to come back to you guys for a week or less.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:40 am

R4V3-0N wrote:hmmm.. I thought I fixed that bug, maybe I grabbed the wrong one for the dropbox link, perhaps you can go on superluminal and fix it. Superluminal will still open it as normal and after you set the offset and stuff it'll be fine when put into a .ftl, the reason I can't do it is that I am currently going to hospital. no emergency or life threatening, but it will mean I will not be able to come back to you guys for a week or less.

Seems to be a bit more of a bug than that. Sl shows me this:

My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:02 am

Quiescent.txt wrote:Y_OFFSET

If you haven't fixed it yet because of that Superluminal mess, just open the Quiescent.txt file and change that Y_OFFSET to 1.
(My older version of the Potential says 1, so I hope that is the correct value. :P )
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 am

RAD-82 wrote:
Quiescent.txt wrote:Y_OFFSET

If you haven't fixed it yet because of that Superluminal mess, just open the Quiescent.txt file and change that Y_OFFSET to 1.
(My older version of the Potential says 1, so I hope that is the correct value. :P )

That worked like a charm.

I played the ship, and came up with some strategies that all worked great until I tried the artillery beam once. Then all my strategies went out the window in favor of that plus mind control :D

If I may make a suggestion: The ship is needlessly difficult to navigate. I see the idea but don't think an extra route here or there would give the player any advantage other than becoming less insane with frustration.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:44 am

Back from hospital earlier then expected, but won't be on the PC much.

Yea the offset was the main problem which I fixed but for some reason I didn't upload that file (gosh I always upload the wrong one!). I did make the layout needlessly complicated for it but I kinda wanted to make it a lil bit like a maze for the single engi and for the player to decide where is the best place to leave the engi to idle so to say. After you get more crew the problem gets more and more smaller.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
MrRazerWolf

Postby MrRazerWolf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:40 am

The frontal weapon mount (at least in my download) was off set a bit away from the hull so it looked a bit odd, before i ask for a fix im redownloading and double checking.

Edit: Yes it is a bit off and does look a bit odd, just something I noticed and most can probably deal, ill leave it up to your discretion whether to patch or not.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:40 am

MrRazerWolf wrote:The frontal weapon mount (at least in my download) was off set a bit away from the hull so it looked a bit odd, before i ask for a fix im redownloading and double checking.

Edit: Yes it is a bit off and does look a bit odd, just something I noticed and most can probably deal, ill leave it up to your discretion whether to patch or not.

Hmmm.

Actually, I don't think it's the weapon that's off, but the hull. I wonder how that happened. Anyway, I've uploaded a fixed version. Good eye!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB