[SHIP][AE] The Potential - UPDATED 2015/08/16

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP][AE] The Potential - UPDATED FOR AE!

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 pm

That's why you copy the blueprints into the previous blueprints. And then re-add any custom weapons and copy the ship files to the other mod...
Frustrating when you've messed up a ship's layout badly but easier than trying to figure out where to add doors or weapon mounts.
Dirossrob

Postby Dirossrob » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi, Im new to ship modding and I was wondering; how did you get the system levels over cap? Thanks in advance for your help (Btw, I cant find tutorials for it anywhere) :D
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)FEAR THE OMNIPOTENT NOODLE!!11!!1!!one( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Dirossrob wrote:Hi, Im new to ship modding and I was wondering; how did you get the system levels over cap? Thanks in advance for your help (Btw, I cant find tutorials for it anywhere) :D

I just edited the blueprints.xml.append file and set the total power to 60.

3 rules for giving yourself more than 25 power:
  1. Don't go over 60. It will crash the game.
  2. You can't set AVAILABLE power to be greater than 25. Only TOTAL power. Essentially I'm taking advantage of a bug. But you can't make a ship like the Potential that starts with like 8 power but can be upgraded to 60.
  3. Edit out ALL nebulas from the game. This is hard and frankly I don't remember how I did it. But feel free to look at or even just copy whatever I did in the file :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:52 pm

mind if I pitch in?

the power issue was discussed last year in the CE mod tread. after some testing, exchange of findings and some conflicting evidence, I found that 30 power was a maximum setting for "potentialized" ships. The Potential crashes with CE due to the nebulas, specifically the storms. If I ran my ships with 31 or more power, they crashed with the nebula storm. With 30 they did not. This does exclude Zoltans. Any extra power by zoltans does not count towards this. The battery does, however. Nonetheless I found that for CE INF, 30 power and 2 Zoltans is ample.

be advised, your own playthroughs might vary. My games never crashed, but other players reported crashes with my setup.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 am

It's not really the Potential if it's only got slightly more power than your regular ship. I want to run everything! Everything!

Just... avoid using the battery and stay away from nebulae. Can't avoid them? Well if your game crashes that was obviously an ion storm. Try another beacon. All ion storms? Well that was a horrible run. Can't even have the Rebel Fleet catch up to clear it.

I think I also suggested a few times for Captain's Edition that the Power Drain events should be reduced or not exist. Because its annoying to have your power reduced by 3 bars in the middle of battle. The game loves removing it from Oxygen first, followed by your currently-charging weapon or shields.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 am

It looks to me like Dirossrob was asking about systems, like weapons/drones/shields. Those are also found in the blueprints file. They have a maxPower value, but you also have to provide them with an upgrade cost.

5thHorseman wrote:Edit out ALL nebulas from the game.

Pretty sure you meant ion storms. :geek:
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:32 am

RAD-82 wrote:Pretty sure you meant ion storms. :geek:

Unless they mean those BS nebulas in CE where you're facing a ship and suddenly after it takes half damage, combat breaks down and forms an ion storm.
You might as well remove all nebulae just to be safe :lol:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:31 am

stylesrj wrote:It's not really the Potential if it's only got slightly more power than your regular ship. I want to run everything! Everything!

60 is not "slightly more" than 25. It's over twice as much :)

I don't know about in CE, but while you can't enter an ion storm with 31 power, you can play the rest of the game with 60.

RAD-82 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:Edit out ALL nebulas from the game.

Pretty sure you meant ion storms. :geek:

Erm... Yeah. :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

el Rago

Postby el Rago » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:54 pm

of course 30 is not 60 either, thats why I call my ships "potentialized".

those 5 powers and 2 zoltans allow quite the flexibilty. besides not needing to upgrade the reactor.

It was a blast to run The Potential with its awesome reactor, and I do miss that from my own ships, but there is price to pay for such power...
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:53 pm

el Rago wrote:It was a blast to run The Potential with its awesome reactor, and I do miss that from my own ships, but there is price to pay for such power...

It brings great responsibility :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB