[SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2_1 updated 16/6/13]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
jonny_AB

[SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2_1 updated 16/6/13]

Postby jonny_AB » Sun May 26, 2013 6:27 am

Dikefalos
Originally used as a medevac, this ship has gone through multiple refittings and is now the fastest cruiser this side of the Milky Way.

The Dikefalos comes equipped with:
    - A four-person medbay
    - An FTL Recharge Booster Augmentation
    - One Anti-Ship Drone Mark I
    - One Repair Drone
    - One Mini Beam

New in v0.2:
    - Recoloured Hull Graphic!
    - Gibs to match!
    - Engi-Medibot Dispersal Augmentation included at start!

Install using GMM Link

////Download Here////
Replaces the Kestrel Cruiser Type A

You can also download Thunderr's Type B Layout (Updated 17/6/13)
////Download Here (select Jenner)////
Replaces the Kestrel Cruiser Type B (Red-Tail)

//Notes:
    - none atm

//Credits: The Creators of FTL, kartoFlane for Superluminal, and alextfish for his tutorial.

//Changelog:
    0.1 - Release!
    0.1b - Graphic fix
    0.2 - Graphics and Augmentation
    0.2c - Small graphic update
    0.2_1 - Now replaces the Kestral
Last edited by jonny_AB on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:41 am, edited 11 times in total.
My Mods:
Need to contact me? Shoot me a tweet @Jonny_AB
TheNewbie

Re: [SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP)

Postby TheNewbie » Sun May 26, 2013 7:54 am

Well, THAT"S a VERY cool ship! :D But it will need some "shading" before its ready to fight the rebel fleet. :) By the way, as a medevac it would be nice to have a healing bomb, a teleporter and maybe a burst laser MRK. II. Just my humble opinion. Very cool ship and it also seems that you are a very promising ship creator. Can't wait to see more ships like that in the near future! :D
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun May 26, 2013 11:29 am

I don't have the time to play your ship right now and you didn't put a screenshot of the interior (hint, hint) but if you put an image destined for a 2x1 or 1x2 room, into a 2x2 (or larger!) room it'll stretch to fit the room and look a bit blurry.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun May 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Yeah, u missed the screenshots badly..

The interior room graphic must be the exact size of the room, a interior graphic designed for a 2x2 room cant be placed in a 1x2 room or it will be strechted. This means u need to edit every interior image to acomodate the new rooms (u can use the vanilla interior ones when u can, but there will be sometimes u wont).

But again, u didnt post any screenshot of the interiors , so we dont know if thats wat u talking about or something else. Anyways, looks like a nice ship, i like mods with good decent ship artwork. Maybe a shadow work on the ship graphic should be required, since i see it a little flat, but its a really good start. Of course make shadowing stuff on a 2d graphic with gimp, photoshop or something else can be a pain in the ass if u dont know how to do it, so, thats up to you.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Sun May 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Apologies about forgetting an in-game shot! Here's one now and, as you can see, it's not the interior that's got me distressed.
I know it's not a huge deal but it's the hull graphic. It just bothers me sooooo much!

Also! Thank you guys so much for the feedback! I'm not currently satisfied with the stock weapons and will be changing that soon, and I know it needs shading, but first...
Well, I did mention this in the op so I think it's no big secret! I'm working on a recolouring! The current hull will be used as the type B once this^^ is finished.
My Mods:
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Well, i dont see anything wrong with the ship hull design, in fact, i like the layout of the rooms, i mean, yea its not a great graphic but its not bad at all. U should look around in the community and u will see a lot worst hull graphics than that lol. I will suggest you, since u dont have skillz to make complex designs or shadowing, just use photoshop or gimp and apply one of the filters they got. With photoshop, for example the only thing u need to do is to open PS, go to filters and apply, for example, a plastic warp filter. And so on, i mean u dont need to know anything, and u can get something better that u like more. Or learn sketchup to build a 3d model and make a top screenshot.. . This option is maybe the best one, but of course u will need 1 or 2 days to learn sketch up. But the results are great compared with anything else.
ImageImage
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Sun May 26, 2013 10:45 pm

I, uh, actually know how to shade pretty well.
In other news, I should be finished with this tomorrow. The gibs shouldn't be much of a problem either so expect an update tomorrow night-ish!
My Mods:
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun May 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Well, that shadowing is really weak, its only a slighty darkened surface, not really shadowing, but yeah, it looks far better than before.

And im glad gibs are not a problem for u, gibs are usually the last thing people do (too much lazyness i guess, but im included xD). Since making a real good looking gibs is not easy, far from easy.
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon May 27, 2013 6:40 am

What no medi bots for the medi cruiser LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 am

Oh, don't worry. I'm working on it...
My Mods: