[MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:06 am

Ok... so small unexpected update :)

I have been dealing with severe depression the last couple of years and it is finally getting better. I am currently writing a book and generally get back into doing creative stuff.

I have seen the - few - reactions to my work being mostly very positiv and I feel sorry for not at least letting people still download the thing. I have too look at my local files again since I do not know in what state I left them. I think there were some major issues I wanted fix before I could it put back up. I am also not in touch with the modding scene in general now.

I am gonna be honest though: I do not have the time or will now to actively work on the mod anymore. So I wont probably update it. But I will overhaul what I have until January. Rebalance some stuff that annoyed me when watching some people play etc.

Once done I will add it on github so its accessible until the heat death of the universe.

I want to also apologize for my behavior when I originally started posting here. Its ofc obvious but I am not the 20 something guy anymore, I took almost as long a break as GRRM takes to write a book. So it should come without saying that I changed. But reading a lot of my old comments they were just... mean. And I think its a hatefulness that sprang from inexperience more than anything. And playing dota. If everyone around you acts mean you adapt that way of speaking. At least the seeds of what I am now today are still in my mod. Star Trek was my main inspiration at the time and so doing the nice thing is also rewarded in gameplay.

I realize now that it was this creative outlet that kept me sane throughout university and when I stopped doing it, I fell in a hole.

Anyway I doubt anyone is interested in my ramblings about my own mental health, so I am gonna leave it at that. This will go by unnoticed anyway, but I do it so I don't have to work on my book because I have issues, I guess.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?