[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
jaml96

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18

Postby jaml96 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:19 pm

i have a glitch. when those fancy planet killer bombs (probably other too) blow up, they leave a white box.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Thats weird, since i dont get any white box on my mod installation (and other players didnt have it as well). Its probably that is more a limited computer capabilitie and in your case, those big sprites are not showing up. Those explosion sprites are the biggest ones, so this is probably the cause. But as i said, the explosions shows just fine in my case. Anyways, i go very slow, i only could work 1 day in the updates, but now i need to travel out of the city for work, and i dont think i will be able to work on it for a few days. But need to be said, this is not over, i will work on it when i can, but right now is a really bad time since i really dont have time to do anything. But i will keep u guys updated every time i keep working on it.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 pm

hey i was wondering if you where going to add slipstream compatability in the next update (or just add it with out an update would be great :) ) not saying you have to but it would be nice and conveniant.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Astapius542 wrote:hey i was wondering if you where going to add slipstream compatability in the next update (or just add it with out an update would be great :) ) not saying you have to but it would be nice and conveniant.

You actually can install this mod (and all the others) with either manager, though SMM is recommended. The .ftl "file format" itself was never changed.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
TimLearyzMajik

Postby TimLearyzMajik » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a play through of Omicron Dynasty (over at http://www.youtube.com/timzmajik if you care), and I had a couple questions to ask you guys.
If I load Omicron Dynasty and Infinite Space at the same time, will they work together?
Do I need to load Omicron Dynasty and then make those .dats into my backups for slipstream so that I can add Infinite Space on top of it?

Thanks for your help guys.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:44 pm

TimLearyzMajik wrote:If I load Omicron Dynasty and Infinite Space at the same time, will they work together?

I haven't looked at the Omicron Dynasty files, but I think it should be fine. Omicron Dynasty has to be before Infinite Space in the load order. You might not see events or enemies from Omicron Dynasty, but you should have the player ships, weapons, and drones.

TimLearyzMajik wrote:Do I need to load Omicron Dynasty and then make those .dats into my backups for slipstream so that I can add Infinite Space on top of it?

You shouldn't backup modded .dat files with Slipstream. Those backups should be the original game. You need to realize that you can rearrange your list of mods in Slipstream by holding down the mouse button and drag the mod into a different position.

TimLearyzMajik wrote:I'm currently running a play through of Omicron Dynasty (over at http://www.youtube.com/timzmajik if you care)

I've had your page bookmarked since January.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
TimLearyzMajik

Postby TimLearyzMajik » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:11 am

RAD-82 wrote:
TimLearyzMajik wrote:Do I need to load Omicron Dynasty and then make those .dats into my backups for slipstream so that I can add Infinite Space on top of it?

You shouldn't backup modded .dat files with Slipstream. Those backups should be the original game. You need to realize that you can rearrange your list of mods in Slipstream by holding down the mouse button and drag the mod into a different position.

Excellent, I didn't think it was smart enough to patch in order. I assumed (stupidly) that it would patch them all simultaneously (which, in retrospect, makes no sense).

RAD-82 wrote:
TimLearyzMajik wrote:I'm currently running a play through of Omicron Dynasty (over at http://www.youtube.com/timzmajik if you care)

I've had your page bookmarked since January.

I thank you for that.
_Leguan12_

Postby _Leguan12_ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:29 pm

This Mod is so awsome :mrgreen:
Why isn't it possible to add more player ships to ftl :x
How can you make those awsome sprits? :shock:
TimLearyzMajik

Postby TimLearyzMajik » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm

_Leguan12_ wrote:This Mod is so awsome :mrgreen:

I definitely agree, I've finished a run with it and the only complaints I can find are the English isn't "proper" (I believe this is likely because it's a second language, but I never had trouble understanding it just reading it), and it made the normal enemies a bit weak.

_Leguan12_ wrote:Why isn't it possible to add more player ships to ftl :x
How can you make those awsome sprits? :shock:

I think that the reason you can't have extra ships is that you would have to code in new slots for these ships. I.e. it should be possible but you'd have to do some major reworking of the source code rather than just importing some .xmls from a .zip renamed a .ftl.

Also, the work of adding extra ships seems rather moot (pointless) since you can only ever play one ship at a time.
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm

If I am not mistaken, he used scetchup to model the ships