[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:51 am

You should turn the note by 90 degrees. that way it looks better upon firing.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Nice one xD. Some ideas about the weapon, you should make a custom explosion in which you can see a lot of notes just flying around.. (that will be really cool xD) and you should make mark I, mark II and mark III each one with a different type of note, you know the next one with two tails (damn i dunno how to say the note names in english... :lol: ) and so on.

And if you could make a custom weapon that will be a guitar one xD. Now, all depends on your imagination...
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Metzelmax wrote:You should turn the note by 90 degrees. that way it looks better upon firing.

Yeah since the weapon itself is just an experiment, and it doesnt fit the FTL universe, you can just turn the note so you can see it in the right direction when firing it.
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:13 pm

speedoflight wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:You should turn the note by 90 degrees. that way it looks better upon firing.

Yeah since the weapon itself is just an experiment, and it doesnt fit the FTL universe, you can just turn the note so you can see it in the right direction when firing it.

Didn't think about it that way. Yeah, I'll do it like that then. And I was thinking of having the weapon be like a mini-guitar or other musical instrument or something. :D And the explosion, nice idea, thanks.
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:10 pm

So, I felt they flew too fast. So I accidentally made them fly comically slow. :lol: On the downside, since projectiles come at an enemy ship from a random angle, they still can be upside down when they hit the enemy ship, but whatever. (Oh, and they actually currently cycle through like 4 colors, is that bad?) I want to make them like, go slightly up and down, so they look like a bouncing musical note or something. So many ideas! (I wanted to get to a bomb though, before I do multiple "marks".) And I'm thinking, maybe like high personnel damage, low damage? "Kill 'em with culture!" Kinda thing? I guess it's not so much kill em with culture as it is "Kill 'em by blasting out their ears!" :lol:
Last edited by ChrisM1A2 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Anyways, making the designs is going somehow fast for now, here is the next enemy, the mercenary, it will be a boarding oriented enemy.

Plus for you guys, the isometric and top views this time ^^ ->

Gah, by the time i was writing this, i noticed the shield ellipse should be a little bigger..
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 am

Whoa, what do you use to create your ships? That iso view looks awesome. Sloped section in the back is really interesting, I'm guessing that that is going to be like the teleporter area? Or it looks like it could be a massive reactor and outlet for an engine. :P
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:25 am

nice looking ship :)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 am

Sketchup for everything i create.

Actually the designs are not pre-designed, i mean i think on them at the same time i create the design, my only goal is to make a not bad looking design that actualy looks like a space ship :lol: , and then, the mercenary was not originally a boarding ship, but in the end, since the final design turned out that way, i will make a big party boarding ship on that one. I wish i could make the ships more non-flattened but the way the shields need to be and the design of the non protected space made to work on more simply designs and not waste hours trying to make more complicated ones. Still, inteeresting designs can be made on more oriented flat ships.

The next enemy ship will be part of a distress beacon event, in fact the same ship will be 3 ships (1 ship per destroyed part) , you will encounter a damaged ship (with some parts of the ship missing) and you can aid them with repairs, if you do so, you will see how the ship is replaced with the same ship but completely repaired. You will have the chance to fight the ship before its repaired or after, but it will be also a shop center, so think before you do it lol. Still no events are made, so this is probably to change when i really get into the events.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:56 pm

The next one, this event will be a distress one and will involve a merchant ship that will be damaged and will have only some parts (most of em) of the ship only functional. You can aid the enemy ship with repairs, and the enemy (until now just neutral) will have other part of the ship functional. You can aid then again and this time the enemy ship will have the entire ship repaired. At every repair point u can decide if, you want to continue making repairs or just attack em. In the final step, once the neutral enemy is repaired, you will have the chance again of fighting him or just buy stuff from em, at interesting prices. Obviously to say aiding the neutral enemy in repairs will cost you scrap (here will be blue options to make costs less expensive) so maybe you want just to fight them and collect the results. The strenght of the enemy ship, of course will be low-high with every repair. This enemy will carry only blaster weapons, at the stage 1, only a blaster mark I and a blaster mark II, at stage 2 blaster mark I x2 and blaster mark II and in the final stage, 2x blaster mark I and 2x blaster mark II. Logically in laterz sectors these weapons will be replaced with mark 2 and mark 3. So, even if this ship doesnt look too dangerous it can be, so be careful. Besides, this ship will have the strenght on cloak, having level 3 cloak just in the first sector. But the cloak will be "destroyed" at the beginning, only in the final stage of repairs will be available on the enemy ship.

This event is harder and more complicated than it seems, but i will work on it.

Dont know how to name this ship, ideas??? :? maybe the Omicron Merchant??

The final enemy will be the Omicron Mothership, Tactical Station, Battle Station or watever, just a big pile of junk ready to kill anything. Now, i dunno if design just a battle station, or a capital ship , mothership or watever. I never liked the way space stations looks in FTL, since they can only fire from the front door (and an space station has the ability to be able to fire from several mounts around) and it will never look like an space station. So, maybe some sort of capital ship??
Last edited by speedoflight on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage