[MOD]Insane Difficulty

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
brothershogo

Re: [MOD]Insane Difficulty

Postby brothershogo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:56 am

Insane Difficulty updated.
Added Hayabusa Drone Battlecruiser.
Removed all weak scout/fighter class vessels. You'll only encounter bomber/assault/cruiser/battlecruiser class enemies.
ImageImageImage
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I love the ship, but it doesn't look very FTL-ish. Anyway, the ship is awesome, (as every other one you have made) I'm having loads of fun with it. Keep it up! :)
Vuliev

Postby Vuliev » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:07 am

I really like the added challenge. Combined with the much stronger player ships, this has made FTL a lot more fun.

However, you HAVE to fix the Hayabusa spawn rate. I just did a run, and the encounter rate was easily 75%, maybe 80% Hayabusas, with nary an enemy Tengu or Tsunami in sight. It's a fun fight, but when it's pretty much the only thing you fight, it gets old really fast. Also, I would highly recommend keeping them from spawning in the first sector, if that's possible--running into one without enormous firepower (i.e. Tengu A) is a guaranteed game over.

In that regard, I also think you might want to let the Tengu B start with at least 6 weapons power instead of 4, because as it stands, it doesn't feel like it can do enough damage/hit reliably enough with a single Pegasus launcher to do enough damage to get the Dual Lasers through.

EDIT: Just did another run with the Tsunami A. Out of 29 ships encountered, only 6 weren't Hayabusas--79%. :/
The Tsunami A works well, but rushing Ion Beam 5 seems pretty much required if you're supposed to be fighting Hayabusas/Tengus/Tsunamis on a regular basis.
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:13 am

Vuliev wrote:I really like the added challenge. Combined with the much stronger player ships, this has made FTL a lot more fun.

However, you HAVE to fix the Hayabusa spawn rate. I just did a run, and the encounter rate was easily 75%, maybe 80% Hayabusas, with nary an enemy Tengu or Tsunami in sight. It's a fun fight, but when it's pretty much the only thing you fight, it gets old really fast. Also, I would highly recommend keeping them from spawning in the first sector, if that's possible--running into one without enormous firepower (i.e. Tengu A) is a guaranteed game over.

EDIT: Just did another run with the Tsunami A. Out of 29 ships encountered, only 6 weren't Hayabusas--79%. :/
The Tsunami A works well, but rushing Ion Beam 5 seems pretty much required if you're supposed to be fighting Hayabusas/Tengus/Tsunamis on a regular basis.

In that regard, I also think you might want to let the Tengu B start with at least 6 weapons power instead of 4, because as it stands, it doesn't feel like it can do enough damage/hit reliably enough with a single Pegasus launcher to do enough damage to get the Dual Lasers through.

LOL Just realized I didn't change the spawns back to normal. I made it so the Hayabusa spawned every encounter so I could test her out as an enemy. File fixed. :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?6w4cq0gjw86t4e4
ImageImageImage
Vuliev

Postby Vuliev » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:35 am

brothershogo wrote:LOL Just realized I didn't change the spawns back to normal. I made it so the Hayabusa spawned every encounter so I could test her out as an enemy. File fixed. :P

XD

That'd do it. I'll give it another run soon and see how it goes!
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:53 am

brothershogo wrote:LOL Just realized I didn't change the spawns back to normal. I made it so the Hayabusa spawned every encounter so I could test her out as an enemy. File fixed. :P

Oh... well that's awkward. I was literally JUST about to post the results of my most recent playthrough. Turns out you uploaded a fix at the same time that I was recording it. :lol:
I'm not going to upload that one. It doesn't represent the mod properly, and my commentary... well I dunno, the whole video just wasn't very professionally done.

I do have to say though, if any player runs into the Hayabusa in sector 1, they're pretty much dead. In the middle of the video I went into the mod and debuffed it so it only had 1 Ion drone, 1 Assault drone, 6 shields, 6 engines, and 12 health, and only after doing that did I stand a chance of beating him in sector 1. Even then a few lucky shots would let him inflict some nasty damage on me. Seeing as how sector 1 is always a civilian sector, do you think it would be possible to make it so no cruisers could be encountered in civilian sectors? It would even make sense in a story stand point seeing as how civilian sectors are somewhat de-militarized.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 am

Ginger Dragon wrote:

Oh... well that's awkward. I was literally JUST about to post the results of my most recent playthrough. Turns out you uploaded a fix at the same time that I was recording it. :lol:
I'm not going to upload that one. It doesn't represent the mod properly, and my commentary... well I dunno, the whole video just wasn't very professionally done.

I do have to say though, if any player runs into the Hayabusa in sector 1, they're pretty much dead. In the middle of the video I went into the mod and debuffed it so it only had 1 Ion drone, 1 Assault drone, 6 shields, 6 engines, and 12 health, and only after doing that did I stand a chance of beating him in sector 1. Even then a few lucky shots would let him inflict some nasty damage on me. Seeing as how sector 1 is always a civilian sector, do you think it would be possible to make it so no cruisers could be encountered in civilian sectors? It would even make sense in a story stand point seeing as how civilian sectors are somewhat de-militarized.

Haha. Go ahead and post it anyways. Always enjoy watching your vids. Dunno if I can make civilian sectors have no cruiser enemies, but I'll do some digging in the XML files and see if its possible... Also I've made it so you'll only encounter elite cruisers after sector 3.
ImageImageImage
Vuliev

Postby Vuliev » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 am

brothershogo wrote:Haha. Go ahead and post it anyways. Always enjoy watching your vids. Dunno if I can make civilian sectors have no cruiser enemies, but I'll do some digging in the XML files and see if its possible... Also I've made it so you'll only encounter elite cruisers after sector 3.

I'd also look into reducing the power of the auto-assault drones in the first few sectors. Just did a run with a tweaked Tengu B (engines 3, weapons 6, 17 starting power), where an auto-assault at the end of sector 1 took me from ~24HP to ONE. I jump away just in the nick of time and get to the next sector, where my first encounter is another auto-assault, and I promptly die. Tengu A has a chance simply because the 20-laser barrage has a better chance of disabling the auto-assault's drones before they can suppress your shields, but it's still not much.

I'd say either restrict the auto-assault's drone capacity to one in the first few sectors, or even remove it entirely. They seem to have a higher chance of having Ion Bursts and Gatlings, so they'll still be formidable (even relatively speaking.)
HaViCisChaos

Postby HaViCisChaos » Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm

The boss is beatable by the way. Easily I might add. I gave myself max scrap for systems because I wanted to test the boss not the entire play through and by the end of an actual playthrough I will have max systems. I did get lucky though. My loadout was weapon pre igniter, 2 gat laser, and advanced ion, and 3 ion drones. I had low power in engines and put some into cloak when needed.
HaViCisChaos

Postby HaViCisChaos » Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I don't know if it is possible but one good way to make the boss harder would be to put doors to his weapons rooms.