[SHIP]Tengu Stealth Cruiser (Type-1 and Type-2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
brothershogo

[SHIP]Tengu Stealth Cruiser (Type-1 and Type-2)

Postby brothershogo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:34 am

Tengu Stealth Cruiser
A prototype armored stealth assault vessel, using Engi and Rockmen technology, the Tengu was designed to ambush ships with its advanced cloak and impressive barrage of lasers. It lacks shields, drones, and maneuverability, however, these systems can be bought and upgraded(except drones).

About the ship:
This is a complete ship mod.
- Custom hull graphic
- Custom weapon / augmentations
- Custom shield graphic
- Completed floor graphics and gibs

Notes:
- lacks a drone system (SO DO NOT BUY THE DRONE SYSTEM AT THE STORE- WASTE OF SCRAP)
- cloak can be upgraded to level 4
- 5 weapon slots
- reinforced armor plating, increases chance to negate hull damage to 30%
- New Gatling Laser!

In terms of difficulty, this ship might seem OP at first because of its 4 dual lasers, however, because of its lack of shields and maneuverability you will be getting hull and system hits more often. Once you get better upgrades/shields/weapons/crew it becomes easier, making it a viable stealth ship option.

About the mod:
- replaces the Stealth Ship
- to make it replace a different ship besides the stealth ship, simply change blueprint name in the blueprints append file

This game uses art assets from the original FTL game. Some of them have been heavily modified to suit the style of the ship.

Enjoy!
:)

Credits:
creators of FTL
kartoFlane's Superluminal Ship Editor

Video by GingerDragon87: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1uEgiKi ... e=youtu.be

UPDATE(4/3/13): TYPE-2 is now available. New Shield graphic. New weapon. Buffed stats.

Download Link: 4/11/13
Last edited by brothershogo on Fri May 24, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ImageImageImage
boa13

Re: Tengu Type-1 (Armored Stealth Assault Ship)

Postby boa13 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:32 am

brothershogo wrote:CAN'T POST LINK! IT KEEPS SAYING MODERATORS HAVE TO APPROVE IT FIRST. WHAT GIVES?

It's an anti-spam protection, which is a bother to new honest users like you, but very much indispensable considering the amount of spam attempts it thwarts. It goes away after a while. In the mean time, send me the link via PM, I'll add it. :)
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 am

Unfortunately I can't PM you the link. It says I haven't participated enough to use the messaging system... :cry:

www.mediafire.com/?u67amqf40vw0paz
ImageImageImage
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 am

Unfortunately I can't PM you the link. It says I haven't participated enough to use the messaging system... :cry:

I guess I'll just have to do this: (its on mediafire.com just enter the /?u67amqf40vw0paz after it)
w-w-w-.-m-e-d-i-a-f-i-r-e-.-c-o-m/?u67amqf40vw0paz
ImageImageImage
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 am

My fault, I should have remembered the PMs are also restricted! :oops:

I see you found a way to communicate the URL anyway. :) I have edited your initial post with the correct (verified ;)) URL.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks man! Appreciate the help.
ImageImageImage
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:35 pm

A solid attempt for a first mod. However, a few errors I saw in the .ftl file:
- cloak image is incorrect size - the cloak graphic should be the same dimensions as the ship, so all the lines... line up, with an extra 10px blank border added in all directions (so the total image is 20px larger on both x and y)
- rock plating text says 30%, value is 0.25
- drones system should be set to rarity 0 so it doesn't show up in shops
- shield size is incorrect (by 1px, but still) due to using a non-even number for shield dimensions
- on cloaking blueprint it says level 3 where it should say 4
- weaponList count is 5 when there are only 4 weapons (weaponlist count should be how many it comes with, not the maximum allowed)
- in the screenshot above, your sensor room graphic is messed up, is this fixed?

also, as for adding >4 weapons, does this actually work? does the game use the mouse icons? i'd be surprised if it did...
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Didnt test it yet, but i love the cloak graphic , how the hell did u do it? :shock:

Nice gibs too, not too many people are patient (included myself lol) to finish a complete gib set.

Other things, i really like the ship, minor fixes like DryEagle said, but its a great mod, almost in appearance, i only need to test it..

Anyways, i see it too much op with all those dual lasers. With only 2 of em u will be killing everthing until u reach half of the sector 2.. imagine with 4 of em.. even with no shields. U will only receive 1 or 2 hits, after that u will kill anything within seconds.. :shock: , at least, u could limit the weapons power to 2, so u can only use 2 of em..

Anyways, good job.
Last edited by speedoflight on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Lex

Postby Lex » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:58 pm

I love this ship!

Its set up so that its still fun to play, yet challenging enough to move through the levels.

Been flying it on the infinity mod and having a blast!
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 pm

DryEagle wrote:A solid attempt for a first mod. However, a few errors I saw in the .ftl file:
- cloak image is incorrect size - the cloak graphic should be the same dimensions as the ship, so all the lines... line up, with an extra 10px blank border added in all directions (so the total image is 20px larger on both x and y)
- rock plating text says 30%, value is 0.25
- drones system should be set to rarity 0 so it doesn't show up in shops
- shield size is incorrect (by 1px, but still) due to using a non-even number for shield dimensions
- on cloaking blueprint it says level 3 where it should say 4
- weaponList count is 5 when there are only 4 weapons (weaponlist count should be how many it comes with, not the maximum allowed)
- in the screenshot above, your sensor room graphic is messed up, is this fixed?

also, as for adding >4 weapons, does this actually work? does the game use the mouse icons? i'd be surprised if it did...

Thanks. I fixed everything in the new file. (New file uploaded)
ImageImageImage