[REQ] working link for Hold the Line

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sternface

[REQ] working link for Hold the Line

Postby sternface » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 am

Hello all, new to the forums! I recently purchased FTL and cannot get enough of the game. :D Amazing job devs! I beat it on easy and normal several times playing different builds, so I have been playing around with a few mods to spice things up. I cannot seem to find a working link for one in particular that sounds very interesting.

The mod is Hold the Line, which was created by Slowerthanlight as seen in this thread.

The rapidshare link appears to be dead, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to find it, had a copy of it, or knew if Slowerthanlight took it down and doesn't wish it to be distributed.

I really like the idea of being able to push back or delay the rebel fleet, but at the same time I really get a thrill out of the omnipresent sense of danger and pursuit....so I do not wish to eliminate or nerf this mechanic.

If anyone could recommend a different mod that would allow me to hold back the fleet without compromising the difficulty and danger in doing so it would be much appreciated. I am going to try Turning the Tide by Kieve, but my concern is that the mod will make challenging the fleet more of a exercise in farming than in risky, strategic delay. I would also love to be wrong about this.
Zumbo Prime

Re: [REQ] working link for Hold the Line

Postby Zumbo Prime » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Not sure where to find it, and the only alternative I know of is Turning the Tide. Sorry.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah turning the tide is the same thing but its finished, just get that
Signature loading...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:33 am

Hold the Line is one of the first mods ever made for FTL, back in the day before a mod manager was created and mods were installed by directly patching the game. As a result it would be difficult or even impossible to install it and it would most likely cause compatibility issues with more recent versions of FTL.

In short, the mod is not compatible with the latest version of FTL, and does not work with GMM. There would be little point looking for it. Turning the tide is a good alternative.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:57 am

I would like to add that although Turning the Tide is indeed a viable alternative (and was inspired/based on the mod you're looking for), I've since halted development on it entirely and given permission to Sleeper Service to use all progress to date in his "Captain's Edition" mod.

If all you're looking for is a fleshed-out way to punch the Rebels in the face when that red line starts creeping in, T3 should suffice for the purpose. I still need to issue one final update that removes "Destroyer" encounters, since they were never finished - the current uploaded version seems to be a WIP test where only the Destroyer ship appears (and does nothing). If you're looking for a more rounded enhancement that improves FTL across the board, I would recommend Captain's Edition.