[MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:54 pm

99cone99 wrote:the file that I downloaded isn't in .ftl form, its in a .zip with all the data and images there, what do I do? :?

".ftl" files are ".zip" files so you just have to rename the extension from ".zip" to ".ftl"

except however, if the ".zip" folder contains more than one ".ftl" file. in the case of Descent into Darkness, you don't have to worry about that
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Yo.
Apparently people still play this.
I've literally had messages this week on steam from dudes about this mod. Utterly crazy!
Anyways, I added a 2nd dropbox link to the original file because dropbox is changing how links work and the original link may or may not stop working.
Nothing is changed besides the URL being updated (as you can see on that page it still says last edited May 2013, lol).
Regards,
D

p.s. thanks Sleeper or whoever is keeping the OP updated :)
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
Fox Holmes

Postby Fox Holmes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:07 pm

DryEagle wrote:Anyways, I added a 2nd dropbox link to the original file because dropbox is changing how links work and the original link may or may not stop working.

Erm, about the dropbox links...

They don't work. Either of them.
sheldokin

Postby sheldokin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Hey - Not sure if I'm going to get yelled at for necroing but decided to post anyway since this mod is linked on the offical ftl site

I just started playing the mod and while it's amazing it seems to have some major bugs such as
-Purchasing hacking and the battery charger function for your ship takes your money but doesn't give you the item - Haven't tested every item but it seems the ones with this bug don't show upgrade cost in the tool tip.
-pursuit indicator is functionally useless (Is this intentional?)
https://imgur.com/a/i1rLX

Ftl is very much alive with an average of 1,225 active players at all times and I'm sure some of them would love to see this mod be playable again :D
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 pm

This is very much broken in the latest patch. You have to use the 1.5.x version of the game.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:27 am

Your version of Descent into Darkness will likely break with FTL 1.6.

I have made a rebuilt version of Decent into Darkness that is mostly faithful to the original (minor balance changes) and works properly with the current version of FTL (which was 1.6.9 at the time).

Download the revamped adaptation here

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.