[SHIP] StarBug - Red dwarf mining ship.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: [SHIP] StarBug - Red dwarf mining ship.

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 pm

I'd play it, but no Unique weapon, thats how you win me LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:54 am

You seem oblivious to how poorly that comes across as a comment. Creating a weapon is a very difficult and painstaking process, you should not demand that you be given one. Weapons are also far more limited than other moddable parts of FTL, and usually the only way to find these limits is to fail miserably and lose time invested in trying to make one.

I know you meant well, but it makes you seem like a spoilt ass everytime.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 am

UltraMantis wrote:You seem oblivious to how poorly that comes across as a comment. Creating a weapon is a very difficult and painstaking process, you should not demand that you be given one. Weapons are also far more limited than other moddable parts of FTL, and usually the only way to find these limits is to fail miserably and lose time invested in trying to make one.

I know you meant well, but it makes you seem like a spoilt ass everytime.

You're right, and for that I apologize, I didn't realize it was a hard thing to do, sorry bout that. Its just I like seeing orignal and new weapons, hell just rename the vanillia weapon is all I need LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 am

I know. :mrgreen: I didn't really want to say anything, but truly modding weapons is much harder than ships. There's also more chances to mess up blueprints, the question of balance and wheter to make the weapon available in stores or not.

Another issue is that to make them all nice and shiny and glowy it requires a fairly sophisticated bitmap editor which may be either expensive or difficult to use.

I have been having great fun creating weapons, much more than i thought. I thought it would be a pain, but so far it's been my favourite thing to mod. But the amount of errors, animation screw-ups, FTL crashes, transparency and clipmask nightmares or just plain "it doesn't work that way" mistakes... it adds up to quite a pile of frustration that i would not wish on anyone. :roll:

It's worth it, just very difficult. Kinda like FTL.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 am

UltraMantis wrote:I know. :mrgreen: I didn't really want to say anything, but truly modding weapons is much harder than ships. There's also more chances to mess up blueprints, the question of balance and wheter to make the weapon available in stores or not.

Another issue is that to make them all nice and shiny and glowy it requires a fairly sophisticated bitmap editor which may be either expensive or difficult to use.

I have been having great fun creating weapons, much more than i thought. I thought it would be a pain, but so far it's been my favourite thing to mod. But the amount of errors, animation screw-ups, FTL crashes, transparency and clipmask nightmares or just plain "it doesn't work that way" mistakes... it adds up to quite a pile of frustration that i would not wish on anyone. :roll:

It's worth it, just very difficult. Kinda like FTL.

You make a good point, thanks for explaining it to me, I promise not to complain bout a lack of new weapon
Tabulazero

Postby Tabulazero » Fri May 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Hello,

I am new to this board. I am looking for top down view of ships that look a little bit like Starbug. I am basically looking for a couple of ships that looks like the bastard child of a Saliut and a Lada car.

I am working on a table top game whose premises are that the Soviets did won the space race (and the cold war).

Have you seen something that would approximate this requirement or is there someone who would be kind enough to draw two for me.

Ideally, the game piece will take the shape of a 2 inch x 2 inch square.

Best regards