[MOD]The NightHawk

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
EchoesofOld

[MOD]The NightHawk

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 am

PLEASE NOTE:
I have discovered that you can NOT load my ships simultaneously. I dont know WHAT causes this, but im looking into it.

The NightHawk is a cheap suicide fighter, meant for quick hit n run fights. It normally operates in packs, but you dont really have that option, do you?

I designed this ship with the intention of being a total jerk (Much like Vechs and his Minecraft Super Hostile maps.) If you people like it enough, I'll re-balance it to be more fair.

As always, if you find a bug that my playtesting missed, let me know and I'll add it to the list!

(NOTE: This replaces the Slug Ship A)

CREDITS:
Gratuitous Space Battles for the artwork
KentoFlame for his AMAZING program SuperLuminal!
Jesus Christ for his authority in casting out the demons inhabiting the airlocks.

YouTube LPs:
Bren Tenkage
Ginger Dragon

The NightHawk
NightHawk.JPG

Downloads:
NightHawk v1.0

System Information:

30 Hull Points
8 Starting power
2 Drone Parts
0 Missiles
15 Fuel

Systems:
Engines, Level 4
Cloaking, Level 2
Medbay, Level 1
Oxygen, Level 1
Weapons, Level 4

Subsystems:
Pilot, Level 1

Weapons:
Burst Laser Mk III

Augments:
Advanced FTL Navigation
Weapon Pre-Ignighter
Last edited by EchoesofOld on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Rebel Flagship: The only ship to make the DemonStar look like a pansy.

Be ye wary of the ship with the demon airlock...
VanguardOfValor

Re: [MOD]The NightHawk

Postby VanguardOfValor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:19 am

So, as I understand it, there's no way to reach the areas on the back wings?

I figure that's why you start the ship with level 2 cloaking, level 4 engines and a pre-igniter, but a lucky shot to the oxygen seems like essentially forced game over...
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:55 am

VanguardOfValor wrote:So, as I understand it, there's no way to reach the areas on the back wings?

I figure that's why you start the ship with level 2 cloaking, level 4 engines and a pre-igniter, but a lucky shot to the oxygen seems like essentially forced game over...

Not QUITE. You start with a system repair drone, so it isn't quite a game-over scenario, but it is part of the challenge, yes. For the reccord, out of all the runs I did with this ship this morning, only two ended due to lack of oxygen. 75% of the time I was killed by boarders. I kid you not, everytime I jumped to a new beacon, I would pause and consider which system I wanted to use my precious pre-ignigte on. :P

And may I remind you, I INTENDED this ship to be a pain in the ass to play with? XD

BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 am

I'd play with it, but my mod loader is being more of a bitch then your ship is gonna be....I would LOL but I'm not joking....I'm frustated as hell, still does seem like a fun ship for me to die in
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:I'd play with it, but my mod loader is being more of a bitch then your ship is gonna be....I would LOL but I'm not joking....I'm frustated as hell, still does seem like a fun ship for me to die in
That's the spirit! Sorry GMM is crapping out for ya!

Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Soo... the jack of all trades ship has been replaced by ANOTHER jack of all trades ship.... I dont know how to feel about that.
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Torchwood202 wrote:Soo... the jack of all trades ship has been replaced by ANOTHER jack of all trades ship.... I dont know how to feel about that.

I'm not sure I follow your meaning?

BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ag_gst ... e=youtu.be

done....and couldn't win LOL, not a surprise, but hey it was fun
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Hahaha! That's fabulous! At least you had the brains to avoid the Zoltan sector.

Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 am

This ship... is incredibly difficult. I could only make it to sector 3. But hey, it was fun, and it made me do something I never thought I would do before. Get a level 3 medbay. Also, I got stuck with an enemy crew on my ship for about 4 or 5 beacons because they teleported on the top-left wing. xD

The video will be up in an hour or two, I'll post a link when its ready. Got a good 3 runs in with the ship.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee