[MOD][RELEASED] Names Nirvana

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
edgepixel

[MOD][RELEASED] Names Nirvana

Postby edgepixel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Version 1.1

This is a mod that adds more names for your crewmen to the game. Since the "Extra Names" mod already exists, why would you want to use "Names Nirvana"? Because this mod has its own way of doing things.

1. QUANTITY. Over 1000 names.
2. VARIETY. Names from various cultures around the globe. American, hispanic, chinese, japanese, british, french, german. Male and female. More to come.
3. REALISM. The names picked are based on actual recent statistics, and all the names contain both a given name and a family name, for more realism. Long names are often accompanied by a short name. Another touch of realism is you get names from countries that actually have a space program active right now, and the bigger their space program is, the more names they get in the game.

There is an overabundance of american names, but that makes it the more interesting when you get a non-american name. Getting an entirely non-american crew is not unlikely, but most often you'll get one or two non-americans on board.

WARNING. Take notice that the mod overwrites the default names.xml file.
I don't like the default names and I think they should be completely replaced. Thus I chose not to append the custom names to the default ones, but overwrite them instead. This is how I set up the mod to work for my personal use, and that's how it will work, at least for now. But I guess players who want name mods, are not going to miss the default ones, are they?

If you use other mods that modify the names.xml file, like "Aditional Events & Texts", you could just install Names Nirvana the last.

INSTALLING. Sorry, but I won't be giving instructions for now, there's plenty places you can find out how to install mods. This is a regular mod that installs in the regular way.

Have fun!

DOWNLOAD >> click here <<