FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.069

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:25 am

Mr. Mister wrote:EDIT: BTW, just as I was thinking "Mmmm, CE needs another Engi ship design", (as currently there are only three diffrerent Engi hulls (IIRC): the vanilla one, the rusty one used on that event, and the station (which is bananas)), I stumbled upon crummy's Engi Shortbread.
It could make do as a civilian, non-cargo model for player piracy and/or quest giving events, don't you think? It would need another texture though, as the current one is simply too good (in FTL Remastered pixel art quality), and stands out too much.

Hey Sleeper, Mr. Mister suggested a looong time ago that the Engi Shortbread be implemented in CE, since there are only two normal Engi ship hulls. I actually think it would work well as a "civilian, non-cargo model" like Mr. Mister suggested. The coloring would have to be redone, but it's not too hard. I've already started to redo the coloring to match vanilla... Though I'm probably not the best person for the job.

Anyway, I actually think it's a really good idea to implement this cousin of the Rock Brawler. I already PM'd the creator of the ship and they are fine with anyone else using it.

Can't you just picture a situation like this... ;)

"Haha! I am the dread pirate Tuco, prepare to die!"

Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97c

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah, looks good. If you finish it I'll use it for the cargo ship. In this case it would need a pirate variant as well.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:28 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, looks good. If you finish it I'll use it for the cargo ship. In this case it would need a pirate variant as well.

Thanks. "Eventually" I will get around to finish off that ship when I have time, if no one else does.

"Eventually" I might also try to create an alternate Zoltan ship so that all factions will have at least 3 hull types. I've looked everywhere for a good Zoltan ship, but the Zoltan don't seem to get much love. :( Not too many custom ships for them.

Maybe when summer comes I'll be able to even try creating some "bigger" Zoltan and Rock stations. No offense :oops: , (please :| ) but some ships are bigger than those stations and I would like it if those stations looked like you really would need a second pass to harvest all their scrap.

Like I thought a Lanius "hive" station would look something more like this. :P :P :P Something that would make you shit bricks...

The hardest freaking thing about splicing though... is making the ship look like it wasn't just spliced together... :roll:
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Atticus Rays

Postby Atticus Rays » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:32 am

For some reason The CE mod is not working when my other mods do even without the CE patched. I've tried it by itself but that doesn't work either. I've been using the better backgrounds mod, which works fine but every time I patch CE with or without anything it will not load FTL to the main screen. Any help?
New Guy

Postby New Guy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 am

BPaB requires a compatibility patch, it's at the first post.

It could be you got the mod order wrong, as I've no reason to suspect it is CE's problem as it runs fine on mine. Try putting CE + other CE modules near the top row, and your other mods closer to bottom. Once again, mod order is at the first post.
======================
[WIP] Federation Strike Cruiser | Progress: 100% Art, 0% Coding
(Project pending until Superluminal2)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 am

New Guy wrote:BPaB requires a compatibility patch, it's at the first post.

It could be you got the mod order wrong, as I've no reason to suspect it is CE's problem as it runs fine on mine. Try putting CE + other CE modules near the top row, and your other mods closer to bottom. Once again, mod order is at the first post.

To add on to that, don't use EL if your computer has a 32 bit operating system.
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:25 am

Atticus Rays wrote:For some reason The CE mod is not working when my other mods do even without the CE patched. I've tried it by itself but that doesn't work either. I've been using the better backgrounds mod, which works fine but every time I patch CE with or without anything it will not load FTL to the main screen. Any help?

Two things to check. First make sure that you patched your FTLgame.exe and not the mod files. Also make sure you have the right load order and you are running FTL 1.5.10.

If you continue to have problems please post your stdout.txt file here which is located in the directory in which FTL is installed.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:39 am

English Narwhal wrote:To add on to that, don't use EL if your computer has a 32 bit operating system.

EL can work on 32b systems, you might have to extend javas headspace to install it:
Mod manager freezes upon processing the Endless Loot addon:
If you have a 64b system, make sure that you have the 64b version of java installed. If you have a 32b system, find out (aka google) how to extend javas headspace. That might or might not fix it. A future version of SMM might be able to handle this mod more reliably.

And maybe give FTL access to more memory as well:
Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when havin EL 0.97 or later installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL:

Nicb1 wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/
I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)

I also added the dropbox links to the OP now.
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:47 am

Here's a thought about a new weapon for CE, which I think might work: an Ion Stinger.
It's basicly an ion beam with a beam width of 1 pixel, making it a non missing single hit ion strike on the shields.
Damage values, charge time, etc. I leave to the imagination of the competent weapon modders out there.
Just tought it might be a nice touch to the game.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 am

At 4 energy and 1 room targets with some long charge time, I think this could work well to balance out the OP ion beam characteristics.

If we are throwing ideas in, What about a flak burst? having it like the mk I but with longer recharge and fires 2 bursts out , something along the lines of that.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.