[SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:42 pm

IIRC, 0x0 rooms are considered by the game to have 0 slots, hence they appear as "full". Which would cause the game to use the standard behaviour when teleporting to a full room, which is, I think, choosing the nearest free room instead.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Divitos

Postby Divitos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:12 am

So I'm probably doing this completely wrong, but my entire run through, not a single breach was caused. >.>
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:46 am

Divitos wrote:So I'm probably doing this completely wrong, but my entire run through, not a single breach was caused. >.>

By the beams? That's shocking. They're almost laughably powerful when it comes to breaches. I haven't played the mod or a while so it could be broken.

Just to make sure, you had the enemy shields down?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 am

5thHorseman wrote:
Divitos wrote:So I'm probably doing this completely wrong, but my entire run through, not a single breach was caused. >.>

By the beams? That's shocking. They're almost laughably powerful when it comes to breaches. I haven't played the mod or a while so it could be broken.

My first thought was an older version of FTL when beams didn't breach.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Divitos

Postby Divitos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 pm

5thHorseman wrote:

Shields were indeed ioned.
It is possible it's an older version, but as far as I know it's the latest. Anywhere I can update?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Divitos wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:

Shields were indeed ioned.
It is possible it's an older version, but as far as I know it's the latest. Anywhere I can update?

If you downloaded the file from the first post (http://pulpaudio.com/ftl/Rigger.ftl) then no, there is no other version. I just downloaded it, loaded it into the vanilla game all by itself, and the first beam blast hit 4 squares and caused breaches in all 4 of them.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what could be wrong :(
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Divitos

Postby Divitos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:07 pm

I meant update FTL. >.>
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 am

Divitos wrote:I meant update FTL. >.>

That depends on where you downloaded it from. Wherever it is you should be able to go back there and get the newest version. (I think it's 1.03.3) If you do have the most current version, then it might be a problem caused by your mod manager. The mod managers make a backup of the game so they can undo changes caused by mods, but it's possible that your mod manager has a backup of an older version of the game that's overriding stuff.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
itg

Postby itg » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:18 am

Great work! Just finished a run with a hull destroyer beam (is that the name? the 3-power beam you modded in) and ions. Didn't really need to board anymore once I got that thing. I did notice a bug, though. Once you buy all the systems, the shops keep including the systems section (with nothing to buy), so you basically get half the equipment options you're supposed to.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:26 am

itg wrote:Great work! Just finished a run with a hull destroyer beam (is that the name? the 3-power beam you modded in) and ions. Didn't really need to board anymore once I got that thing. I did notice a bug, though. Once you buy all the systems, the shops keep including the systems section (with nothing to buy), so you basically get half the equipment options you're supposed to.

I wonder if that's because you can't buy oxygen so the store knows you don't have all systems, but won't sell you that last one. I doubt there's anything I can do about that except make it able to be bought. I wonder if I could make it cost 0 scrap and let you buy it without installing it, and if it would then count as being owned.

Hmmmm.

The ship's gonna need a rework when AE comes out, so maybe I'll fiddle a bit.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB