FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ScubaSteve3465

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.201/Inf 1.201/EL 0.9 (beta)

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:50 am

I keep getting crashes when going to a new nebula beacon in later sectors. Happened with two different ships now. Only using CE, Better Planets 1.2.1, CE Planets Compatibility Patch. Even if i reload and try it again, it crashes. It only happens in later sectors, il try to find out the name and if its only one beacon affected.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:53 am

kartoFlane wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Hm, it does work for me. Anyone else got this problem? I got this specific error before, because Slipstream right now is the bottleneck for this mod. It can not patch unlimited amounts of blueprints into the game. But we tuned the amount of gear down because of that and especially with an 64 bit system it should work. Someone got it to work so far?

CE-EL in its curent form likely won't ever work on 32-bit systems, unless SMM has a command, or extension, that instructs it to ignore the file during parsing. However, though I'm not entirely sure, I think it might be possible to make it work on 32-bits by not using .append format.

For now, to people with 64-bit system wishing to play CE-EL: you need to also install 64-bit version of Java in order for SMM to be able to install the mod.

Installing the 64-bit version of Java solved my problem. THANKS!
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 am

Update to my problem, it seems the beacon im CURRENTLY at is bugged, not the next nebula beacon, but the one im currently in. The background is black, there is no stars or planets. Any place i jump to just freezes again. Does this have something to do with the compatibility patch? Because I cant see the Better Planets mod causing a crash?

EDIT: I do have CE loading BEFORE Better Planets, could that be the cause? Should i attempt to load it right after like below?

BPAB
CE
CE-CP
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:10 am

@Sleeper Service

Don't know whether it was discussed before, and/or if it's moddingwise possible:

It seems a bit odd to me, that when upgrading the long-range scanner into the sector-scan augment, you loose the capability of the predecessor. Is it possible to combine both? So, in it's "normal" state, the augment acts like the former long-range scanner, and if you perform a full scan at an empty beacon, you get the whole sector map.
Maybe the conversion/production cost could be raised if that seems to be overpowered?

But the current change from one augment to the other seems a bit harsh to me in the light that we only have such a limited number of augments that can be installed.
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:33 am

spudcosmic wrote:Okay, I know I should have posed this earlier, but I have an odd bug report from 1.2, but I wasn't able to even go on the forum because of the 404 error so I'm posting it now.

Just take a look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/8TXBmbQ.jpg

The image is a bit of a WTF moment, but I'll explain it as best as possible. So while playing the engi B during 1.2 and troubleshooting that earsplitting noise that was driving me mad, I decided to try saving and quitting and re joining the game. I did this right after I made an AI at an empty beacon, and when I continued the save, it opened up the AI made message again, but this time it was also the options for the on board assembly line? I didn't make any of the products and the game resumed as normal and I didn't get a second AI. Weird.

Edit: I just noticed in 1.201 I was dodging attacks form a scouting drone, and that doesn't seem intentional.

This seems similar to the bug I reported earlier. There seems to be a problem with where the mod calls events that trigger when you first arrive at a sector. In your case it sounds like it gave you an extra ship augment event, whereas in my case it's been giving me extra trading events. Somehow it's getting confused with what it's supposed to do for these events when you reload a save.

Sleeper - What in the mod tells FTL to display these events?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:44 am

Events are generally just called when arriving at a beacon. But loading a saved game with the new safe features seems to sometimes call these events again (obviously not intended). It also seemed like the game then automatically selects the first event option. Because when I moved the "continue" option to the first position in the pre-combat events, that glitches disappeared for all of these. I think loading after an event will work correctly in any events that has the "continue" as its first option, but unfortunately that is not possible in all events.
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 am

Qli wrote:Also, the Pernach seems an horrible weapon to me.

could you, please, avoid quoting entire post, when only a small portion of it is related to your response? Not doing so made quote in your post 6x longer than actual content, and for others, hard to get what you're referring to.Thanks in advance.

As for your problem with pernach, I have no idea, as I'm playing with vanilla ship loadouts. Remember, CE's loadouts are just a showcase, not "canon". Just install addition from first page that bring back vanilla loadouts, and you should have more pleasant time with this ship.

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:EDIT: I do have CE loading BEFORE Better Planets, could that be the cause? Should i attempt to load it right after like below?

BPAB
CE
CE-CP

Of course you should have BPAB before CE! It is written in the 1st post, in installation instructions, via bold, red font... Also, don't forget install BPAB compatibility patch. If you don't know what it is, then it's really time to RTFM from first page, first post. It may seem long, but it's really important lecture, as modding FTL is quite sensitive to ERROR_USER (remember, it wasn't designed with modding in mind, the fact that ionstalling mods is as easy as it's now, is only thanks to Community)

Saizew wrote: Is it possible to combine both?

No, modding limitation. Remember, Sleepy can't create "real" new augments - all Ce augs are, in fact, "dummies", and their "powers" are activated via blue events. I understand your confusion, as I catch myself of thinking about ideas for impossible to create augments in CE myself - the current ones seems so *real*, that I forget about them being placeholders myself. Sleepy did awesome job with them, actually.

To be precise, it would be possible to add Sector Scanner's functionality to Long Range Scanner, and rename it to Sector Scanner - but it wouldn't require to engineer it, Stealth ships would start with it, etc. Gamewise, it would remove Long Range Scanner from game, leaving only Sector Scanner (mechanically, it would do equally the opposite, but with extended functionality).

/Estel
JJObscene

Postby JJObscene » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:38 am

Hello,
I'm having abit of a issue. When i try to use SMM to install CE, it gets to installing EL 0.9 and the progress bar stops. I'm new to modding my FTL and any help would be appreciated. I have tried re-installing both SMM and my FTL. The order i put them in is as follows:
CE 1.2
Inf 1.2
EL 0.9
CE non-el loadouts 1.0

Any help would be appreciated, i've been at this for more then afew hours now trying to get it to work.
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Events are generally just called when arriving at a beacon. But loading a saved game with the new safe features seems to sometimes call these events again (obviously not intended). It also seemed like the game then automatically selects the first event option. Because when I moved the "continue" option to the first position in the pre-combat events, that glitches disappeared for all of these. I think loading after an event will work correctly in any events that has the "continue" as its first option, but unfortunately that is not possible in all events.

Looks like alongside tons of goodies, AE brought-in some serious bugs. Could one of you, knowledgeable folks, report it all, properly, to developers, indicating how serious it is? Of course I mean not only that glitch, but the ones reported earlier, too I would do it myself, but I feel like lacking enough understanding of how it works (aka not being knowledgeable enough).

Also, do we have idea why radiation dummies aren't working? And, I asked earlier, but haven't got response - why there are only fighters now, when fleet catches with you? No more corvettes, destroyers, laser barges, and finally, Cruisers. Even on exit beacon.

Once, I meet (old type, missed them) artillery spotter on fleet controlled sector, but on exit beacons, it's always fighter and ABS, mandatory. It gets quite boring, after a while.

/Estel
Goo Poni

Postby Goo Poni » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 am

I hate for my first post on a forum to be "Your stuff's busted..", but in my case at least.... "Your stuff's busted"...
I loaded up Captain's Edition with Infinite and Endless Loot, leaving out the better planets mod, music and crews. The game loads up fine and upon starting a new game, I can see the stock Kestrel has received a new loadout. Trying to change from the Kestrel to any other ship or a different variant of the Kestrel causes a crash to desktop with no error messages. Tried several times to change ships, gave up and just went with the stock Kestrel, completed the first sector, got to the second sector and the starting beacon for the second sector had an event that spawned a rock ship to fight. Seems this rock ship also had stuff attributed to mods as it crashed the game to desktop upon me clicking "continue" and making it spawn to start the fight.

I've since uninstalled the mods and put it down to the crappy system that I play on, it's an old laptop with a failing hard drive that regularly causes BSoDs, can't even play FTL at a good framerate and makes the game run slower than it should, is 32bit and has integrated graphics. Likely the 32bit system of the lack of video memory in the integrated graphics has written off the ability to play these mods, but if not, I don't know where to find an error log either... If someone could point out where to find it, I'll add the mods back in and crash the game to produce a log.