FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.091

Postby Estel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:12 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:
Both the vanilla and CE addon variants of MantisB were pretty much completely nerfed to hell thanks to the addition of the swarm missile launchers. Barring unfortunate circumstances on the part of the enemies, you're guaranteed to get hit AT LEAST twice by them, and they hurt a lot.

Frankly, I don't see why people are so much scarred by swarm missiles as opposed to normal/hull missiles (which were present in first sector since very vanilla). Swarm missile is 3 damage vs 2 damage of normal rocket, but with nerfed system damage (or even *weaker* 3 damage vs 4 damage of properly placed hull missile). Personally, While using Mantis B, I'm more afraid of normal rockets hitting my teleport bay (especially, when fighting auto-drones with mantis boarders in no-oxygen environment and teleport 2), than relatively harmless swarm.

But, maybe it's just about different tactical approaches and adaptability.

Cheers
/Estel
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.091

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:28 pm

Estel wrote:Frankly, I don't see why people are so much scarred by swarm missiles as opposed to normal/hull missiles (which were present in first sector since very vanilla). Swarm missile is 3 damage vs 2 damage of normal rocket, but with nerfed system damage (or even *weaker* 3 damage vs 4 damage of properly placed hull missile). Personally, While using Mantis B, I'm more afraid of normal rockets hitting my teleport bay (especially, when fighting auto-drones with mantis boarders in no-oxygen environment and teleport 2), than relatively harmless swarm.

But, maybe it's just about different tactical approaches and adaptability.

Cheers
/Estel

It might be weakened system damage, but in Sector 1 it's still enough damage to leave your ship stranded with weakened Shields, no drone capability at all, not to mention losing your Lv1 Teleporter altogether, leaving your Mantis squad stranded aboard the enemy ship.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Some weapon changes this time, plus more spell checking. Also: Rapid share link. I hope that clears up some problems with all this faulty downloads people where geting. Even uploading with mediafire was awfully unreliable...

- Second round of spell checking by KJ4VOV
- Typo in the artillery warning UI prompt corrected
- Auto Laser cooldown reduced, there you go, I finally did it
- Bio Bomb cooldown reduced
- Burst Scatter Laser Mark II cost and cooldown reduced
- Maul Beam cooldown reduced
- Maul Beam tooltip corrected
- Fire Focus Beam tooltip corrected
- Global probability of Auto encounters in nebula lowered
- Probability of Auto encounters in certain sectors slightly lowered
- Flagship should now shut it's medbay down for good in phase three
- Store at the Last Stand now offers Federation sector trade options instead of the civilian ones
- Unique Zoltan Conversation outcomes implemented (existed before, but where not activated yet)
- Special Crystal conversation outcomes fixed?

- CE Player Ship Addon updated, includes Crystal Ships now
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Some weapon changes this time, plus more spell checking. Also: Rapid share link. I hope that clears up some problems with all this faulty downloads people where geting. Even uploading with mediafire was awfully unreliable...

28 minutes to d/l? :shock:

It might be time to find you a better way to distribute this Sleeper. I'll see what I can come up with...
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
05eolsale

Postby 05eolsale » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 pm

thy sleeper trying the new version tomorrow
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Why, for the Mantis gods of Mercy, a rapidshare with it's infamous 32 kB/s download speed limit? I was sure, that I won't ever stubmble on downloading anything from server that would be slower than my current "official" network connection speed - 512 kbps (which translates to 64 kB/s), but it seems, that I was wrong. Bah.

Maybe it's time to finally start distributing FTL via Torrents? After all, P2P is made mostly for efficient distribution of legal files not [strike]only[/strike] pirated material.

Captain's edition user base is high enough to supply constant availability, IMO (and few users i recognize here doesn't seems like douchebags, that would leech&run). +, crappy but reliable links like rapidshare could be used as backup solution, in case really no one is willing to seed.

Cheers,
/Estel
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Okay Sleeper, I owe you an apology. I just tried the plain vanilla Mantis B and, while a little bit better than CE's version, it still pretty much sucks. Still, I don't think weakening it further did the players any favors. If anything I'd have been inclined to strengthen it a little.

And that Rebel ship with the twin Titans and a Fire Beam drone? I just ran into it again. It wasn't an interceptor though, it was a Rebel repair ship. I lasted less than 60 seconds against it with a brand new ship.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:And that Rebel ship with the twin Titans and a Fire Beam drone? I just ran into it again. It wasn't an interceptor though, it was a Rebel repair ship. I lasted less than 60 seconds against it with a brand new ship.

Out of curiosity - 60 seconds wasn't enough to charge engines and run away? Also, wasn't mantis ship having two shield bubbles? How the flaming fire drone passed through 2 shields?

/Estel
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Estel wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:And that Rebel ship with the twin Titans and a Fire Beam drone? I just ran into it again. It wasn't an interceptor though, it was a Rebel repair ship. I lasted less than 60 seconds against it with a brand new ship.

Out of curiosity - 60 seconds wasn't enough to charge engines and run away? Also, wasn't mantis ship having two shield bubbles? How the flaming fire drone passed through 2 shields?

/Estel

It's MantisB. Unless he upgraded Engines, he was charging his FTL at the slowest possible rate, and with a whopping 15% Evasion, against two weapons that deal 4 damage each (and enough system damage to completely disable said means of Evasion). He died in four volleys, minimum.
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Oh holy *** Rapidshare really?
Never had any problems with the downloads you offered before :(
Now it takes half an hour to download.

Anyway I will test further, once the dl is finished thanks for the quick update