FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kartoffelr

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.091

Postby Kartoffelr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:39 pm

That is no bug, it is intended i think.

If it would be different, both you and the enemy would have to damage the "hacked slots" first, without any effect, before disabling anything more.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:Mantis B ship... whooo-boy, that's a hard one to play under CE! I just did a little experiment, 100 games using the Mantis B. Out of those 100 games there were 76 that never even made it out of the first sector, and of the remaining 24, only 8 made it to the third sector, and none made it to the fourth. :o

huh? Mantis B is THE ship which still hold my most points record, almost 8000. It's the type of ship where, if you don't get screwed in first two sectors, rest is a walk in the park. It's noteworthy, that I'm not using CE addon for player ships (so it have vanilla loadout, in my case), but as Sleeper said, it's almost the same as vanilla in PS.

/Estel
SaturnZz

Postby SaturnZz » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm

When I put the mod into the mods folder in the SMM, it does not appear on the list of mods. I re installed the mod manager and the mod itself but it still won't appear on the list. Please help!
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The ship will probably become a little easier due to the coming changes to auto encounter likelihood. Apart from that it is almost the ship itself is touched little by CE. Weaker boarding drone, slightly better defence drone and no guns, almost the same as vanilla. Weak early on, later it can easily become a cakewalk later, even with the amount of internal security some ships gained in CE.

Any ship in the game can become a cakewalk late in the game, that's a given, however it's my personal opinion that this one has been made too weak to start with. Essentially the ship has no real offensive weaponry, very little chance to get some before being destroyed, and a large "Kick Me" sign taped to its back.

I just played 10 more games with it. Never got out of the first sector. One game had no stores at all in the first sector, another had three but all they sold was crew. You've so crippled the ship it's almost unplayable. The odds of the store you found carrying weapons is only 1-3 to begin with. The odds of that store having a weapon that can actually be used by the ship (without upgrading) is roughly 1-4. Then factor in things like getting missiles (if needed), enemy ships with impenetrable defenses (no doors between rooms, defense drones, shields that block any beam or laser weapon you might actually have obtained), enemy ships with outlandish first sector loadouts (I just fought a Rebel interceptor on my very first (and last) jump that had level 2 shields, a medbay, a freaking pair of Titans and a Fire Beam drone - I don't think my ship survived long enough for the boarding drone to actually make it to the enemy ship.)

C'mon, try it yourself. Play ten or twenty games with it and see if you still feel it's okay as it is.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Estel wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:Mantis B ship... whooo-boy, that's a hard one to play under CE! I just did a little experiment, 100 games using the Mantis B. Out of those 100 games there were 76 that never even made it out of the first sector, and of the remaining 24, only 8 made it to the third sector, and none made it to the fourth. :o

huh? Mantis B is THE ship which still hold my most points record, almost 8000. It's the type of ship where, if you don't get screwed in first two sectors, rest is a walk in the park. It's noteworthy, that I'm not using CE addon for player ships (so it have vanilla loadout, in my case), but as Sleeper said, it's almost the same as vanilla in PS.

/Estel

Both the vanilla and CE addon variants of MantisB were pretty much completely nerfed to hell thanks to the addition of the swarm missile launchers. Barring unfortunate circumstances on the part of the enemies, you're guaranteed to get hit AT LEAST twice by them, and they hurt a lot.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Oh and sleepy, make sure you third phase of the flagship has Medbay disabled for all possible starting events. While LS was off, the emdbay wasn't on my last run, and I don't think sMPK touches that.

That is no bug, it is intended i think.

If it would be different, both you and the enemy would have to damage the "hacked slots" first, without any effect, before disabling anything more.

While I don't think that's how it is (I recall Sleepy saying hacked bars are supposed to act as damage buffer too), even if it was intended, the UI shodisplays erroneous information, with the hacked barrs immobile and being overrun by damaged bars.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:11 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:(I just fought a Rebel interceptor on my very first (and last) jump that had level 2 shields, a medbay, a freaking pair of Titans and a Fire Beam drone - I don't think my ship survived long enough for the boarding drone to actually make it to the enemy ship.)

Do you mean two shield bubbles with that? This is barely possible. At last I don't know what could cause this. Also Rebel Interceptors have no drone system available. *shrug* No idea what is going on there.
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Hey there, just wanted to tell you that I absolutley LOVE your mod! I did encounter a bug though.
While talking with my crystal crewmember it was said that there was some crystal growing inside my ship which turned out to be a weapon. Now maybe I misread something, but there was no weapon given to me after this event.
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:40 pm

KartoFlane, thank you, this has solved my problem.
05eolsale

Postby 05eolsale » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Acceleratio i encountered the same bug