[SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Braxbro

Re: [SHIP] Make The Federation Great Again!

Postby Braxbro » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:22 pm

isla wrote:Did you share this with the folks over at the FTL subreddit? If not, please do. This is amazing.

:lol: I would enjoy meeting this 'cruiser' and saying hello... with a lot of missiles... in combat. :P
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:56 pm

Honestly, I don't go on places like Reddit or Twitter or Facebook.
Isn't that weird considering I'm supposed to be part of Gen Y and be glued to my phone/status updates?

So yeah if you could share the Trump Ship on Reddit or whatever and link it back here, that'd be great. Although they might think I actually support the bastard.

Also, as part of a Trump Run, acts of piracy are OK. So long as you say you're seizing the assets and adding them to your Emperor's fortune.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:39 am

Well... I spent 39 minutes too many with Donald Trump with a video run of this ship:

https://youtu.be/1W192GIKn30

Just so you know, I hardly script these things. I have an idea, I tie a loose story into it and at the end it makes less sense than it did coming in.
At least on the bright side, Katatonik might find it and try to fly it.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:52 am

some more ideas:

-starting off with rock/armored plating that says it deflects 100% of attacks, but is actually a dummy augment that does nothing, representing trump's stupid "wall" plan that is ultimately ineffective at actually blocking anything
-starting off with the Trump Repair Arm, representing a business venture with trump's name on it that claims it's the best around and is good for the people, but is actually a horrible and poorly-managed venture that wastes your money. it should also claim that it's estimated at 300/some high value of scrap....and is actually worth 0 scrap
-Trump Steak Cannon, a weapon that does dangerous amounts of biological damage, and I cannot believe that donald trump has tried to seriously sell steaks and failed hilariously (yet totally expectedly)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:44 pm

NarnKar wrote:some more ideas:

-starting off with rock/armored plating that says it deflects 100% of attacks, but is actually a dummy augment that does nothing, representing trump's stupid "wall" plan that is ultimately ineffective at actually blocking anything
-starting off with the Trump Repair Arm, representing a business venture with trump's name on it that claims it's the best around and is good for the people, but is actually a horrible and poorly-managed venture that wastes your money. it should also claim that it's estimated at 300/some high value of scrap....and is actually worth 0 scrap
-Trump Steak Cannon, a weapon that does dangerous amounts of biological damage, and I cannot believe that donald trump has tried to seriously sell steaks and failed hilariously (yet totally expectedly)

Ok, I should honestly change those useless augments I've got to match those ones. I mean the share in Trump's Empire has a negative value when sold, to represent that he's not as rich as everyone thinks he is and that he's wasting money on bad ventures. The education credit was something my father suggested.
To the modmobile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic7IRO9d6I
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:36 pm

Again, I'm spending more time on this one than I should be while the Riven is sorely languishing away from being completed. One of these days though...

Anyway, here's Version 3 with some changes:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/du62k ... hip_V3.ftl

There's an alternative titlescreen within but it makes the buttons harder to see because I just threw a bright picture over them. Which is a reflection of how obnoxious he is and how he covers up all the important stuff you might want.
Of course it's been disabled by default but if you want to see it in action, go to img\main_menus of the .ftl file and rename the menu.

I think V4 will have the Quote Bomb or something. I've gotta test out to see if setting Rock Plating to negative values makes you take more damage...
EDIT: Negative values on Rock Plating is just as effective as having no plating or... Trump's plan to build a wall. So good to know.
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 am

stylesrj wrote:Again, I'm spending more time on this one than I should be while the Riven is sorely languishing away from being completed. One of these days though...

Anyway, here's Version 3 with some changes:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/du62k ... hip_V3.ftl

There's an alternative titlescreen within but it makes the buttons harder to see because I just threw a bright picture over them. Which is a reflection of how obnoxious he is and how he covers up all the important stuff you might want.
Of course it's been disabled by default but if you want to see it in action, go to img\main_menus of the .ftl file and rename the menu.

I think V4 will have the Quote Bomb or something. I've gotta test out to see if setting Rock Plating to negative values makes you take more damage...
EDIT: Negative values on Rock Plating is just as effective as having no plating or... Trump's plan to build a wall. So good to know.

Give it .0000000000000001! Just so that the RNG *may* take pity on you and save you...

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:05 am

Braxbro wrote:Give it .0000000000000001! Just so that the RNG *may* take pity on you and save you...

That'll affect Rock ships as well. And I don't want their Rock Plating BS ruined and we've already got the Mantis Pheromones, so piracy is OK in CE. In fact it makes sense, because only the most psychopathic crew would support Trump and perform acts of piracy and slavery.
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:20 am

stylesrj wrote:
Braxbro wrote:Give it .0000000000000001! Just so that the RNG *may* take pity on you and save you...

That'll affect Rock ships as well. And I don't want their Rock Plating BS ruined and we've already got the Mantis Pheromones, so piracy is OK in CE. In fact it makes sense, because only the most psychopathic crew would support Trump and perform acts of piracy and slavery.

Well, yeah, but you could just add a second Rock plating under a different name to the mod.

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:50 am

Braxbro wrote:Well, yeah, but you could just add a second Rock plating under a different name to the mod.

You can't create a second augment with the same effects as another one. It doesn't work that way.