[AE][CE] SCRAMBLE MENU: in-game Sandbox/Cheat Menu

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
elijahdb

Re: [AE][CE] SCRAMBLE MENU: in-game Sandbox/Cheat Menu

Postby elijahdb » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Just a head's up, I noticed that the CE items add-on doesn't have any of the crystal weapons or drones in it. Also, you're missing the Shield + drone in the regular scramble mod.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
m5w

Postby m5w » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:25 am

I've wanted something like this for a while---this is great! I would suggest adding an option to page up in lists, as well as options to scroll up and down by one item. It shouldn't be too difficult to write some kind of program to do this (given a list, generate a bunch of pages of options each offset by one and link them together) in Python or something, and I'll work on this if I find some time. The thing to consider with this is wrap-around; should page up at the top link to the bottom options page? (likewise with paging down at the bottom and scrolling) I'd also suggest an option to re-open the menu, as seems to happen sometimes when the menu unexpectedly exits and the game waits for the scramble ship crew to die---this would be useful to perform certain actions while paused, such as moving around weapons and crew and perhaps performing upgrades.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:35 am

m5w wrote:I've wanted something like this for a while---this is great! I would suggest adding an option to page up in lists, as well as options to scroll up and down by one item. It shouldn't be too difficult to write some kind of program to do this (given a list, generate a bunch of pages of options each offset by one and link them together) in Python or something, and I'll work on this if I find some time. The thing to consider with this is wrap-around; should page up at the top link to the bottom options page? (likewise with paging down at the bottom and scrolling) I'd also suggest an option to re-open the menu, as seems to happen sometimes when the menu unexpectedly exits and the game waits for the scramble ship crew to die---this would be useful to perform certain actions while paused, such as moving around weapons and crew and perhaps performing upgrades.
You're in for a reality check on what can be done with FTL modding. I'm leaving, I don't want to see that sad look on your face.
sul

Postby sul » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 am

The content accessible to modders is in xml so you cant really browse a menu backward, you may want to check this page to get started:
viewtopic.php?t=17135
elijahdb thanks for reporting the missing content once again, Im fixing that today.
Last edited by sul on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sul

Postby sul » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Alright I updated SCRAMBLE_MENU and SCRAMBLE_CE, added the missing weapons/drones. Some CE content may still be missing it will be added over time.
In next update i want to make the Scramble menu available less often (or make an add-on for that), I dont know what you guys think. Having the menu available only at sector starts/exits and stores/repairs seems to be more then enough to get what you want, but having it all the time kind of takes out the challenge from the game.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:41 pm

sul wrote:elijahdb thanks for reporting the missing content once again, Im fixing that today.

You are absolutely welcome!
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
pimvandermolen

Postby pimvandermolen » Mon May 30, 2016 7:04 pm

this mod got me feeling like a retard. How on earth do you use it?! Cause it doesn't say it once in the entire post, I've tried every button on my keyboard and there is nothing that I can click on my screen. Someone please help!
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 pm

pimvandermolen wrote:this mod got me feeling like a retard. How on earth do you use it?! Cause it doesn't say it once in the entire post, I've tried every button on my keyboard and there is nothing that I can click on my screen. Someone please help!

When you start the game with your ship, you should have a blue option under Continue that lets you open up the Scramble Menu, and when you click on it a white AI ship should appear and after 10 seconds or so the Scramble Menu appears. Is this not popping up? Could you provide screenshots and if you're using any other mods show the list of them?
meranti811

Postby meranti811 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:29 pm

I don't quite understand how to make this mod work with the others i have.
Here's the list:
    r_Planets_and_Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
    CE Resource Pack 1.28.ftl
    FTL Captains Edition 1.281b.ftl
    CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
    CE Additional Music Addon 1.266.ftl
    CE Infinite Addon 1.28.ftl
    CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
    EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
    CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.28.ftl
    CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl
    CE Vanilla Player Ships Loadouts Addon 1.261.ftl
    Extended Pursuit Indicator x3 v.1.1.ftl
    randomFlagship.ftl
    Randtrel.ftl
    SCRAMBLE_CE.ftl
    SCRAMBLE_BUILDASHIP.ftl
    Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
Not sure if the mods are messing things up but after reading other people's comments i should be getting something after clicking continue but i'm not.
sul

Postby sul » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Try this, you were missing the SCRAMBLE_MENU.ftl I guess:

r_Planets_and_Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.28.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.281b.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.266.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.28.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.28.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl
CE Vanilla Player Ships Loadouts Addon 1.261.ftl
Extended Pursuit Indicator x3 v.1.1.ftl
randomFlagship.ftl
Randtrel.ftl
SCRAMBLE_MENU.ftl
SCRAMBLE_CE.ftl

So you add the Scramble Menu and from the Scramble Menu you can obtain captain Edition weapons and drones. You dont need Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl as you can request it from the Scramble Menu, and you dont need the SCRAMBLE_BUILDASHIP.ftl if you want to use existing ships.