[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nchi
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby Nchi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 am

Loving the mod as a long time FTL/CR veteran but I had one question to pose,

Would you say you should have a flagship kill in vanilla/ae before diving into MV? More? Asking for someone else obviously
User avatar
TheMultiverseTeam
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:30 pm

crazydave1313 wrote:I was playing in the Militia Cruiser A in the Monk Sector as sector 4, jumping into the Pirate Sector (Sale!) sector as sector 5. Upon jumping to the new sector, the game map didn't change, and the game froze then closed after half a minute with no input. I restarted the game and was able to reload the save, so I tried again, to no avail - and the second time, it deleted my save.

This was an unfortunate bug caused by an xml error in a recent hotfix produced outside of the dev team but released publicly. Shortly afterwards it was patched, just update again and it should be fixed.

Nchi wrote:Would you say you should have a flagship kill in vanilla/ae before diving into MV? More? Asking for someone else obviously

Yeah, I'd probably say so. MV is a lot more predictable/"fair" than vanilla in terms of design, but enemies on average are harder and some of the mechanics are significantly more complex. Having a good understanding of vanilla and at least one win under your belt should be enough. Ironically, someone super experienced with vanilla would probably fare worse than someone with a decent but not extensive understanding because they'd adapt much slower to the new meta.
Image
Lightwavers
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:45 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby Lightwavers » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:27 am

So I was wondering, before the latest hotfix I was able to use those conservative weapons in quite a strange way. What I would do is get the augmented lanius ship A, get to two shields ASAP, then take my augmented out of the weapons room and wait for the conservative energy weapons to fire like a dozen times. Then I put my lanius back in the room and watched in awe as about a million energy bullets zapped the enemy into oblivion. I haven’t tried this since the latest hotfix so I don’t know if that still works.

Speaking of, the only reason I knew the latest hotfix was a thing was because someone on Reddit told me that it allows oxygen damage reduction augments to stack. I think every time an update happens someone on the staff team should put the patch notes in a comment down here, unless it’s against the rules or it’s been happening but I somehow missed it.
User avatar
TheMultiverseTeam
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:23 am

Lightwavers wrote:I haven’t tried this since the latest hotfix so I don’t know if that still works.

This does still happen, but its not something we have control over at the moment, so its become a sort of pseudo-feature. If I could patch it out I would, but we'd need hyperspace's help for that and it seems like a major undertaking for them.

Lightwavers wrote:I think every time an update happens someone on the staff team should put the patch notes in a comment down here

This is what I've done for every update and hotfix previously, but the latest one in particular was a bit of a different scenario. The patch wasn't made by the MV team directly (though JerC, our event proofreader, put a number of his fixes in there) as we're busy working on 5.0.
Image
mathieui
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby mathieui » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi, first time playing multiverse after hearing such glowing reviews about it, and I have some questions:

- As I am playing on linux, and therefore wine, I had to get the game through steam to get the hyperspace patches to work, is that expected?

- I currently only have one specific and annoying issue, which is that the post-fight screen (the free activity time before jumping) is entirely black; however pausing displays the screen properly, and interacting with the black screen works (any menu opening will show the screen again, so I can mostly play). Is it known, and is there something I can do about it?

(playing on an AMD RX 6800, through a manual lutris setup with opengl enabled)

I also have encountered a nebula sector with no exit beacon.
User avatar
TheMultiverseTeam
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:53 pm

- As I am playing on linux, and therefore wine, I had to get the game through steam to get the hyperspace patches to work, is that expected?

- I currently only have one specific and annoying issue, which is that the post-fight screen (the free activity time before jumping) is entirely black; however pausing displays the screen properly, and interacting with the black screen works (any menu opening will show the screen again, so I can mostly play). Is it known, and is there something I can do about it?

Unfortunately, I know very little about linux, but I do know that in general people seem to have a lot of trouble getting hyperspace and related mods running on it. The black screen thing has been reported a few times before but unfortunately its something I have zero control over, nor do I know any fix. As for the steam thing, no idea, of all the past instances of people asking for help with linux the matter of platform has never mattered.

I also have encountered a nebula sector with no exit beacon.

Unexplored nebulas have hidden exit beacons, as told at the start beacon. You have to be adjacent to it for it to become permanently visible.
Image
mathieui
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby mathieui » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:36 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Unexplored nebulas have hidden exit beacons, as told at the start beacon. You have to be adjacent to it for it to become permanently visible.

Ooh, thanks! That means I cannot legitimately abandon this playthrough where I have already lost two crewmembers by sector 2, sadly
User avatar
JerC
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby JerC » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Lightwavers wrote:Speaking of, the only reason I knew the latest hotfix was a thing was because someone on Reddit told me that it allows oxygen damage reduction augments to stack. I think every time an update happens someone on the staff team should put the patch notes in a comment down here, unless it’s against the rules or it’s been happening but I somehow missed it.


Yeah, i've worked on getting out a hotfix (with the help of someone outside the team), but lacked time to publish proper information about it, and only bothered to update the forum link.

The most notable changes are as below:

Code: Select all

Hotfix #1
-Fixed some..a lot of tpyos.

-Leech cruisers can now be unlocked properly, and their locked description now highlight which layout must be used to unlock them.

-The Free Mantis ship unlock should now work as intended.

-Sentinel Elite ship's gimmick was changed.

-Nebula empty beacons now give storage check.

-Big Ion now uses the strong Pinpoint sound effect.

-Spoiler B artillery was unjammed and should now work as expected.

-Grey lizards lost their immortality priviledge.

-Angels and Freddy now benefit from the crew lab.

#Hotfix 2
-Fixed crashes when going to Sale! sectors.

-Rebel Lure should now more reliably spawn Rebel Elites.
SQVX
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby SQVX » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:07 am

There is bug(abuse) on 4.11 Multiverse. Restarting game after choosed start option for delay rebels stacks with delay after restart.
User avatar
TheMultiverseTeam
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:03 pm

This is actually just a vanilla bug. Unfortunately we have no control over it, so the hyperspace team will have to fix it.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests