[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ilikemultiverse

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.7 [Panic at the Science Center + Hotfix]

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:47 am

Also, just wondering: How do you unlock Sylvan B? I can't figure out if I need to play as Sylvan A or the Sodium Cruiser.

Edit: Also, the wrecked bomber became locked again. Is that a glitch?
Last edited by Ilikemultiverse on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.8 [Boo]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:59 pm

4.8 is now out!
Unlike previous versions, the changelog for 4.8 will only be available on the discord 24 hours after the update has been released. (This won't be for most updates, only this one)
trafficbeast66

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.8 [Boo + Hotfix]

Postby trafficbeast66 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:45 am

The Subject 0 quest can be looped infinitely if you don't agree to take him on board with you. Infinite free weapons and Ace ships fights doesn't seem intended...
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 am

Should be fixed in 4.8, make sure you update!
trafficbeast66

Postby trafficbeast66 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:19 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Should be fixed in 4.8, make sure you update!

Will do - just need to finish this run first :)
taciturnTech

Postby taciturnTech » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:29 am

Has anyone else been encountering graphical issues? Mainly with the FTL jump screen and borders on UI elements such as health, the upgrade menu, etc. I first tried Multiverse on v4.6, and as of the current version (v4.8) I still can't find a way around these problems. I've tried reinstalling both Hyperspace and Multiverse, as well as playing without Hyperspace patched, or changing the Multiverse file extension from .zip to .ftl.

This wouldn't be much of an issue except that the most commonly removed element is the Rebel Fleet projection - I can't see how far the fleet is jumping, which makes it difficult to estimate how many jumps I have in a sector let alone when the fleet will overtake a specific beacon.

I'm playing on a fairly low-end laptop, but I've never had this issue with the base FTL game or Captain's Edition + BPaB.

The only mods I have patched for these examples are Hyperspace and Multiverse. Example screenshot below:

Full imgur album with additional pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/9euuW68
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:33 am

Are you sure you aren't patching any other mods with Multiverse? The graphics are definitely working for most people, so the most likely explanation would be you're patching something else that's interfering. If not, it's possible you're running into issues with file size... Multiverse is massive, and it really pushes FTL's capabilities. Your game might simply be freaking out from not being able to handle the stress. If things get really bad, try deleting the stars_special folder in the zip file's img folder. You won't have special backgrounds during certain events, but you might see an improvement because of the massive file size reduction.
taciturnTech

Postby taciturnTech » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:46 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Are you sure you aren't patching any other mods with Multiverse? The graphics are definitely working for most people, so the most likely explanation would be you're patching something else that's interfering. If not, it's possible you're running into issues with file size... Multiverse is massive, and it really pushes FTL's capabilities. Your game might simply be freaking out from not being able to handle the stress. If things get really bad, try deleting the stars_special folder in the zip file's img folder. You won't have special backgrounds during certain events, but you might see an improvement because of the massive file size reduction.

Thank you for the suggestions! I did make sure that nothing else was being patched - only "Hyperspace" and "Multiverse" are checked off when I patch through the Slipstream application, in that order.

I'm chalking it up to my laptop's inability to handle the game since clearly it's not a common issue (the poor old thing is infirm and terribly maintained). Unfortunately, removing the stars_special folder wasn't enough to noticeably improve performance, but I'll keep an eye on this mod in the event that I ever upgrade my computer.
1khoursandcounting

Postby 1khoursandcounting » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:16 am

Having fun with the mod so far still very surprised at all the new stuff. I did run into a few bugs so far. The Beacon Access Kit doesn't seem to work unless I'm blind, I landed on many empty jumps but the option was never there to delay they. I also ran into a slaver ship the one that asks you to pick either a rock, engi or mantis for a crew member I picked Rock, but he never appeared, I had 2 slots open at the time.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:41 am

Beacon Access Kit? I believe you're mistaken, I'm pretty sure that's from CE, it's definitely not in Multiverse. Not sure what the rock issue is either, because that event hasn't been reported before and it's definitely working on my end. Are you sure you didn't accidentally patch CE at the same time? Or possibly, backup your dat file with CE installed? Try going to slipstream and selecting nothing, then patching the game. You'll get a hyperspace error, but just ignore that and continue. Is the game CE? Or is it vanilla?