FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Iviv
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Iviv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm

I just had an issue with a dead beacon.

Load order:
BPB 1.3.1
CE Res 1.308
CE 1.308
BPB compatability 1.0
CE Inf 1.301b
EX tex 1.27
CE EL for Inf 1.308
CE non EL enemies 1.26
Expanded enemy window 1.2
Randrel 1.3.0


Lost the save, so I can't recall everything, but I'm 99% sure it was at a nebula beacon with an enemy ship highlighted from my long range scanners augment.
So, I jumped to the beacon, and just nothing happened. The background loaded up, but no ships, no options to jump or anything, and the mouse cursor wasn't moving in game. Killed the game through task manager since I couldn't do anything else, but seems that killed the save along with it.
User avatar
Jumbocarrot0
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 am
Location: My current location.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Iviv wrote:I just had an issue with a dead beacon.

Load order:
BPB 1.3.1
CE Res 1.308
CE 1.308
BPB compatability 1.0
CE Inf 1.301b
EX tex 1.27
CE EL for Inf 1.308
CE non EL enemies 1.26
Expanded enemy window 1.2
Randrel 1.3.0


Lost the save, so I can't recall everything, but I'm 99% sure it was at a nebula beacon with an enemy ship highlighted from my long range scanners augment.
So, I jumped to the beacon, and just nothing happened. The background loaded up, but no ships, no options to jump or anything, and the mouse cursor wasn't moving in game. Killed the game through task manager since I couldn't do anything else, but seems that killed the save along with it.



Had a similar problem, and I still do. This a common case of FTL using up too much memory for your computer to handle. That is common with endless loot. There are some tools online that allow you to make the computer devote more memory into the game.
ImageImage
Kalokohan117
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Kalokohan117 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Is there still new content being develop on FTL:CE?

I also want the author of FTL:CE to know that me and many of my friends are enjoying this interstellarly spectacular mod :D
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Ha thanks, glad you get something out of it. I didn't develop new content since a few years, but I might still push another bug fix patch at some point. I'm just really busy with finishing my standalone game right now. ;)
Xanderon
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Xanderon » Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am

Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v
Chronosplit
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Chronosplit » Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 am

Xanderon wrote:Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v

Use this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=6440#p109744
Xanderon
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Xanderon » Sun May 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Chronosplit wrote:
Xanderon wrote:Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v

Use this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=6440#p109744


Does this work with 2.0? it's about 1.3 from what i see
Chronosplit
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Chronosplit » Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Xanderon wrote:
Chronosplit wrote:
Xanderon wrote:Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v

Use this: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 40#p109744


Does this work with 2.0? it's about 1.3 from what i see

From what I've used it with it does.

Last I checked the compatibility patch for better backgrounds and planets didn't really need much of a change for 2.0, so same with this I guess.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi CE fans, if you want a change from all the tactical space drama here then I made a just the game for you.
Hyperspace Dogfights, featuring juicy jet combat roguelike action. And it just launched on steam. Maybe one or two of you get something out of it. :)
Peace.
<3 <3 <3

Image
[full launch trailer]
theo2003
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby theo2003 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Game crash on CE infinite when activating max level backup battery with max reactor after deploying ASB augment. After restarting ASB is still active but it's no longer using power and backup battery does not cause crash any more. Might just be an issue with backup batteries while combat augments are active.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aashi and 25 guests