Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
All4n

Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby All4n » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 pm

On GitHub

Adds new texts and new events to the game. Awesome!

The goal of this mod is to add new content in form of events and random texts, this will ensure that you are unlucky if you experience the same event twice in a row. It will add extra random texts to already existing events, like when you get to a beacon with nothing, you don't want to see the same text here. All events should be balanced, you won't get a lot of scrap for nothing, at least not more than you could if you played vanilla.
Collaboration & Team Work
I hope that people will contribute to this mod, both with XML data, but also just ideas or alternative texts. It does not matter if you can't make it, if you have a idea and it is good - I'll include it! You can make a comment here, PM me or make a GitHub issue.
Currently Includes:

• 8 Extra Events
  • Extra Names (400+)
Soon to come:

• A puzzle event
  • Many Extra GAME OVER texts, that does not get used. The game uses text outside data.dat it seems :-(
  • More common names.
Download
Direct Download
More info and source code:
Look at the GitHub repo.
Install
Use Grognak's Mod Manager :)
This is a work in progress, things will be added, maybe removed. But it works well!
Stay tuned for updates!
Credits & Thanks:
  • TheKillerNacho (Timothy Sharpe)
  • MitchLux
  • PvtVain (AnnuskaChan)
Last edited by All4n on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!
TheKillerNacho

Re: [MOD] FTL: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby TheKillerNacho » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 pm

I've been waiting for an extra event mod to be released. To be honest, though, with only one event added in your first version, you probably should've waited before releasing it or placed it in the WIP section.

Still, I wouldn't mind contributing to this at all. Do you want events PMed to you?
All4n

Postby All4n » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 pm

TheKillerNacho wrote:I've been waiting for an extra event mod to be released. To be honest, though, with only one event added in your first version, you probably should've waited before releasing it or placed it in the WIP section.

Still, I wouldn't mind contributing to this at all. Do you want events PMed to you?

I was unsure where to post this, it does work. But I really don't see when it is completed, it could go on forever. If the mods feel like it is in the wrong place, they can move it. I just wanted to get started and get some idea ect.

If you read the texts for the sub-forums I think it is clear why I placed it here.

I am already working on the second event that will be kind of a puzzle ;-)

If you have any ideas, you can do one of the following, depending on what you like:
- PM me them.
- Post them here.
- Make a issue on Github
- If you made the files/changes make a Pull-Request on Github

We'll work it out. The most important thing for me is that it is a good idea, if people add what penalties / rewards the events should have as a outcome, that would just be a bonus for me.
Last edited by All4n on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!
TheKillerNacho

Postby TheKillerNacho » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm

All4n wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:I've been waiting for an extra event mod to be released. To be honest, though, with only one event added in your first version, you probably should've waited before releasing it or placed it in the WIP section.

I was unsure where to post this, it does work. But I really don't see when it is completed, it could go on forever. If the mods feel like it is in the wrong place, they can move it. I just wanted to get started and get some idea ect.

I am already working on the second event that will be kind of a puzzle ;-)

If you have any ideas, you can do one of the following, depending on what you like:
- PM me them.
- Post them here.
- Make a issue on Github
- If you made the files/changes make a Pull-Request on Github

We'll work it out. The most important thing for me is that it is a good idea, if people add what penalties / rewards the events should have as a outcome, that would just be a bonus for me.

No worries. I just feel that people will be hesitant to download something unless it offers a lot of new content. Anyway, I PMed you an event I made not too long ago. I'll PM you more perhaps if I have time to write them.
All4n

Postby All4n » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 am

TheKillerNacho wrote:No worries. I just feel that people will be hesitant to download something unless it offers a lot of new content. Anyway, I PMed you an event I made not too long ago. I'll PM you more perhaps if I have time to write them.

That is great!

I have added them, there only seem to be some problems with adding them to a eventList - the game crashes. I'll find out why.
All4n

Postby All4n » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:43 am

PvtVain wrote:Good job on releasing one so soon. However, you should've probably waited to actually create a couple. As what I am doing with mine.

Maybe we could work together or something.

I wanted to make people join me quickly, and wanted the early feedback. If people don't feel like downloading it now they are free to wait until there is more content :)

I am all in for working together, this is meant to be made by more than one person, that way it will include a lot of new Events and Texts.

IMO The easiest way to work together would be via GitHub, I could add you to Collaborators, and you are then free to change the files as you like. With GitHub it is pretty easy to have the latest version, and merge changes.

Let me know what you think.

I talked with TheKillerNacho and it seems like he is very willing to add texts when he has the time, if we all join forces we could achieve something quite big together.
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Event Idea

How much derp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp?

1. Derp
2. Pinecone

Option 1 instantly destroys your ship
Option 2 gives you a thousand credits, a Weapon Pre-Igniter, and a Glaive Beam

[/sarcasm]
Fonjask

Re: FTL: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby Fonjask » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Also, do try to minimize the spelling errors, taking a look at the code made me cringe. If you need help with spelling, feel free to shoot me a PM.
For those wondering, the first line:
"An old man needs your help. His friends has been trapped in a locked room. The room can only be unlocked with the right awnsersanswers. He warns you that it might not be safe to be unsure (???)."
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Fonjask wrote:hashave been

:P
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 am

No offense but that grammar seems like a ten year old typed it out after getting a sugar rush from too much candy. Seriously, if you're going to make a mod, do it right.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off as mean, as I didn't mean to be that way.
Last edited by Zaffre on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.