Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kcd.Spektor

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Small update:
I've removed the generation of ships in all sectors and added the random event like encounters.
Every time you enter a sector you have a change to meet some Rogue AI ships.
Also in the universe there will be generated 10000 Rogue AI stations, that will be generating new Rogue AI ships to defend it self.
And there will be 10000 normal stations for players to be able to set new spawn points.
The generation of these ships takes about 10-15 minutes.
Chatpristie

Postby Chatpristie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:20 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:Hi all. :)
It's been a bit quit here(apart from some posts by me and The_Bear).
[...]
Hope that people haven't lost interest in the project yet. :)

Hi there, haven't said a word yet, though I'm not new, I've been following your project for weeks. I registered on the forum just so you don't lose your will to lead this to its end. Your project is really awesome, and I can't wait for it to be achieved. The work you've already done is amazing, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who just read your posts without saying a word but are in a hurry to see your game coming out.

Furthermore, it's great how you report every upgrade you make, so far I haven't seen any dev having such a good communication about his game. It helps a lot to keep interest on your project. Keep faith, and thanks !

P.S: Sorry for my poor English level... I'm French. If you need help to translate your game into French some day, it would be a real pleasure !
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:41 am

Chatpristie wrote:Hi there, haven't said a word yet, though I'm not new, I've been following your project for weeks. I registered on the forum just so you don't lose your will to lead this to its end. Your project is really awesome, and I can't wait for it to be achieved. The work you've already done is amazing, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who just read your posts without saying a word but are in a hurry to see your game coming out.

Furthermore, it's great how you report every upgrade you make, so far I haven't seen any dev having such a good communication about his game. It helps a lot to keep interest on your project. Keep faith, and thanks !

Thanks. :)
This really helps.
Also I would be very interested in hearing from everyone what in their opinion is the point when the game can be considered done/released/playable, or at least ready to go try for steam green light?
I personally can come up with things to add to it for years to come :)

P.S: Sorry for my poor English level... I'm French. If you need help to translate your game into French some day, it would be a real pleasure !

Your's seems to be quite ok.
No worse than mine :D
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Another small update: :)
Added to hyperdrive system screen and star map screen of pilot interface a SCAN button.
When you press it you scan for the nearest located station.
The result of the search will be shown in the chat box.

Scanning does take some time to finish.
personman61

Postby personman61 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:35 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Another small update: :)

I have one question about the scanners, how far away can you scan? My idea is that for every level, you range increase with the speed, or you can only scan to locations you can jump to. Great progress :P
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:05 pm

personman61 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:Another small update: :)

I have one question about the scanners, how far away can you scan? My idea is that for every level, you range increase with the speed, or you can only scan to locations you can jump to. Great progress :P

Right now the scanner has no range limit.
And it works slow because of that.
Later scanning will be a bit different, and diferent levels of sensor systems will have diferent ranges.

P.S.
I think I will manage to finish 0.3 by tomorrow :D
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Latest update:

1. Alpha 0.3 is out :D
2. Lots of bugs fixed
3. First attempt at balancing everything
4. Now only owner can remotely open doors on his ship. Others need to use the door control system.
5. If your sensor level is high enough - on sector screens you will see the amount of ships detected in sector.
6. Oxygen and Medical systems now work while ship is in hyper space
7. Increased the size of the server window.
8. Server now allows multiple connections from same IP (thanks jrb)
9. Game now is called Tachyon.
10. Added a temp game icon.
11. Added server help comand - shows list of all server comands(just 3 there for now)
12. Added basic credits page
13. When reactor is absent or broken - a warning is shown on screen(if it's your ship)
14. Added sound for chat message
15. No more bleeding ears from opening doors - open/close regular doors now has a better sound. :)
16. No more bleeding ears from anything - In setting screen you can now change volumes, and see(only see) the game controls.
17. Added a default ship icon, default ship image and default shield image. They are rendered when server is using a model that client doesn't have.
18. Players can now set spawn points on any ships. In medical systems there's a button - Set spawn.
19. If a ship has no crew and owner you can now claim that ship with just 1 button
20. Posted tutorials on changing/adding new ships, systems, sfx and projectiles - check my signature, or on the first post of the thread.
21. Remove old ships.
22. Added new ships.
23. Players that are offline have their name shown in gray
24. Crew of the ship now sees damaged sys
25. Changed energy doors image
26. Added first versions of AI
There are basicly 2 types of enemies right now - Rogue AI ships and Rogue AI stations.
Ships simply shoot at you with all they have.
Stations not only shoot at you, but they also spawn in some random ships from time to time to help them.
27. Added first version of world generation.
By default universe size is 1000x1000, also there will added 3000 of normal stations(just like the starting one) but they can be destroyed.
And 3000 Rogue AI infected stations(just like the starting one) but they can be destroyed and they are under Rogue AI control.
28. You can consider the Rogue AI stations as mini bosses :)
29. Added first version of random ivents - everytime you enter any sector there's a chance that some Rogue AI ships will be spawned there.
30. Added the first version of universe scanning - Right now it just shows you in chat box the range in sectors to the nearest station.
It works quite slow, and the further the station is from you - the longer it takes.

Well now, that's quite some list there. :mrgreen:

Hope jrb(or any one else) will host the new server version, and we can all try to clear out as many Rogue AI stations as possible.
Also would be very happy on any feed back, ideas, suggestions, and any other help :)
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Well poopy. :?
Found a bug in the client after uploading everything. :(
Need to re upload now. :)

Edit:
And 1 bug on the server side too :P
Last edited by kcd.Spektor on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:11 pm

The spiders have their own ships :shock:
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:16 pm

The_Bear wrote:The spiders have their own ships :shock:

Well the mantis did :)