3.Type cd then space.
4.Drag and drop your Flagship_Randomizer folder into Terminal and press enter
5. Copy/paste the following:

java -jar FlagshipGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml

then press enter

The mod will then open.

6.Click "Build Random Flagship"
7.Exit afterwards
8.Your brand new RandomFlagship.ftl file has been created in the Flagship_Randomizer_1.22 folder!
9.Place it in your mods folder, run SMM and enjoy!
Sleeper Service

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.22 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks superarmandbros, I added the procedure to the opening post.
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:00 am

Hey SleeperService, thanks for the reply and quotation at the beginning of the thread, but the instructions you've quoted are not entirely correct.

To reiterate: The first command involves typing in Terminal cd (with a space afterwards) then drag and dropping the Flagship Randomiser folder into Terminal.
This is a simplified way for Mac users who are not tech-savvy of executing this: cd /Users/(username)/Documents/Flagship_Randomizer/
(in this example, the Flagship Randomiser folder is located in Documents)

In other words, it does not involve changing cd to the Flagship Randomiser folder as you quoted in the first thread. That said, step 2 of my re-quoted instructions is correct.

Here is a far more condensed version of my original instructions:
1. Open Terminal and type cd then hit space.
2. Drag and drop the Flagship Randomiser folder into Terminal then press Enter,
3. Paste this code: java -jar FlagshipGenerator.jar -src_file assetList.xml then hit enter and you're done!

I don't know how to add screenshots on this site, but with these new instructions it should be a walk in the park for any Mac user to open this mod (I had to learn the hard way! :lol: ).

Once again, thanks for taking the trouble of replying and quoting me,

Armand
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:29 am

"cd " is the shell command for "change directory", isn't it? (in Linux it's change desktop). I assumed that instruction was self explanatory, the cd in brackets was meant as an explanation on how to change directory in the terminal. But I can see that this wasn't very clear after all. Anyway, I changed it to your condensed version. Thanks for taking the time.
YoshiGaming

Postby YoshiGaming » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:18 pm

I really like the concept, and I can't wait to try it, but I think you should create a similar program/mod that does create the horrible ships, like, as you said, a flagship with 4 missiles and a defense scrambler, because I feel as if it would create an entirely new, albeit unbalanced fight that would also be fun to play. Nevertheless, I'm still going to try this out!
Sleeper Service

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Flagship Randomizer 1.29
- Another attempt at fixing some bad offsets for certain phase 2 layouts
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:35 pm

Great, that's awesome!

Err... the previous available version was the 1.22, right? :?
Oh, by the way: why does the site say the first message was edited the last time on Wed Nov 19, 2014 :?: :?: :?: :?:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:01 am

Auron1 wrote:Err... the previous available version was the 1.22, right? :?
The numbers don't mean much, I just called it 1.29 so that is in sync with CE main.

Auron1 wrote:Oh, by the way: why does the site say the first message was edited the last time on Wed Nov 19, 2014 :?: :?: :?: :?:
I don't know, but the download link an change-log has been updates as intended.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:35 pm

Makes sense if the player is really experienced, but as far as I can tell the mod provides ample challenge for the average player. Well then again I have no real data on that... But in any case, what you suggest is somewhat beyond the scope and intention of the mod and program. Also since Rann isn't that available these days, so major changes to the mod are unlikely. But hey...
Gidoza wrote: What it comes down to, though, is that in the end I would rather see a good 20 or 30 player-designed Flagships that are rock solid - neither overpowered nor underpowered - and which the Randomizer randomly chooses,
...that sound like a solid concept for a mod. You can make those mods, release a pack that has a couple dozen of copies of each, given a cryptic name or better a number and have the player choose randomly by himself this way. You don't even need a randomize program to make this a reality, can all be done through superluminal. ;)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:54 am

Superluminal is a ship editor for FTL that can edit both player and enemy ships or create new ones. You can download it here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901

FAQ here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901&p=78739#p78739