[RP] FTL: Multiplayer Roleplay

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
RetroNova10

[RP] FTL: Multiplayer Roleplay

Postby RetroNova10 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:58 am

Welcome!

Welcome to the unofficial FTL: Multiplayer Roleplay thread!

This is a thread specially made for people to roleplay in the fictional universe of FTL: Faster Than Light!
If you want to join this, you must copy the Bio Template. But first, read the rules thoroughly.

Rules:

• Be mature. Nobody likes the 8 year old guy who rages and acts like an... 8 year old..
  • Use fairly correct grammar. You want people to understand what you're saying.. right?
  • Use common sense. Don't be a moron.
  • Don't discriminate, be rude, or be vulgar. Haters gonna hate, hate, hate.
  • Don't use romance or other, more extreme roleplay.

Just replace each field with the correct information, and comment on this thread!

Character Bio:

Forum Username (Exact):
Roleplay Name:
Race:

Once I get a fair amount of people playing (3+) I will begin the roleplay. This will be similar to Dungeons & Dragons in that I am the "storyteller;" the Game Master. You will pilot your ship to sectors, and I will give you random events. Be it a quest, shop, or enemy ship to fight!

So just comment, with your Character Bio, and we'll see where it goes from here!

Kestrel Crew:
Last edited by RetroNova10 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [RP] FTL: Multiplayer Roleplay

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:55 am

I'll try...

Forum Username (Exact): Stylesrj
Roleplay Name: Luxanna Jensen
Race: Foolish Meatsack (Human)
Other Info: Named after a famous character from an ancient Video Movie, Luxanna (or Lux for short) is a young woman interested in the world of beam weaponry, which went against her father's wishes (which was the world of laser weapons) so she left home to serve under the legendary Beam Master. Together they fought countless foes and destroyed them with their superior beam weaponry, up until a ship with shields came along and put an end to the legend.
Lux now finds herself as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem and you need a beam to solve it, you may want to ask... Luxanna!

----------------

Honestly, I don't see why the Age field is needed. Is there going to be a difference between say a 23 year old and a 24 year old? Because chances are most characters are going to be teenage geniuses or young adults. No one plays an old man (or anyone above 30).
Also, why is the Forum Username needed? Are we playing ourselves or characters?
RetroNova10

Postby RetroNova10 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:43 pm

stylesrj wrote:Honestly, I don't see why the Age field is needed. Is there going to be a difference between say a 23 year old and a 24 year old? Because chances are most characters are going to be teenage geniuses or young adults. No one plays an old man (or anyone above 30).
Also, why is the Forum Username needed? Are we playing ourselves or characters?

The Age field is there just so the crew knows a bit more about the player.

The Username is needed for the bio sheet I just added, so players know who you are if they haven't fully memorized your character name.

Your bio sheet has been added.
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:25 am

Here's my entry:

Forum Username (Exact):Fireclaw27
Roleplay Name: Translator Salni
Race: Lanius
Other Info: A lanius who used to work on a small lanius ship, working as a translator, but was sold to another ship for 40 scrap. She does try and be friendly, but knows not to stay in the same room as oxygen-needing lifeforms, after an incident in which a whole ships crew was killed, due to over-excitement at the thought of meeting alien species. She is always fascinated to find out about aliens, and likes to question them about things like breathing, and eating slop all the time. She speaks many languages, and is also quite a skilled fighter(though she is not really fond of it.)
RetroNova10

Postby RetroNova10 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:50 am

Epsilon Carinae

Postby Epsilon Carinae » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Eeehh...
Forum Username (Exact): Epsilon Carinae
Roleplay Name: Epsilon "Bladewood" Carinae
Race: Human
Other Info: Male. Has an unusual preference for bladed weapons over firearms. Extremely fast typist. Technician at a station before becoming an astronaut. Intense hatred of Mantis for killing said station's crew. Constantly improving a personal computer for the sole purpose of being able to actually play the Crysis series. Always wears a lab coat. Likes to be in space. Fears heights, giant alien spiders, and tight spaces. Has no idea how to fly a spaceship.
I am an innocent ant in an unforgiving world.
RetroNova10

Postby RetroNova10 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:48 pm

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:11 pm

So who's going to be piloting the ship? Salni or Epsilon? Because Lux is going to be on the guns (even though they're not the superior beam weapons she wants to use) :lol:
RetroNova10

Postby RetroNova10 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:19 pm

You'll see in a bit. I'm currently playing DnD with friends, but in two or so hours, I'll work on stuff, and maybe start the RP.
Epsilon Carinae

Postby Epsilon Carinae » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Not me.
Epsilon Carinae wrote:Other Info: ... Has no idea how to fly a spaceship.
I am an innocent ant in an unforgiving world.