[SHIP] The Etwahl

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Yizzzy

Re: [SHIP] The Etwahl

Postby Yizzzy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah I was using it early with a bl2 I got in sector 2. Then a second bl2 in sector 4 plus a heavy lasee maDE me change.
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:59 pm

I was thinking of either reducing the Crescendo's power or giving it a Shield Piercing of -1.

As it stands right now, it does 2 damage per room, 4 damage per empty room. Testing has revealed that if I were to fire it at a 2-layer ship, the Crescendo does not do 2 damage to empty rooms, so it's less OP than I originally thought. But it's still a Halberd Beam on steroids.

Perhaps it shouldn't be able to go through enemy ships that easily unless the shields are down completely. Any thoughts on this matter or am I worrying too much about "balance" when someone can easily find a Burst Laser II, a Pre-igniter and go to town with it?
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:05 am

I've played a run with it earlier and it was a total breeze. Super-halberd beam is powerful enough, but then you have all the other bonuses. I think something there could use a nerf.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:17 am

Well the Crescendo needs to keep the stun, because honestly that's exactly how it works in LoL. It does a lot of damage and stuns the enemy for a few seconds.
I'm not sure about everything else but it shouldn't cause hull breaches or fires (or at least it has as much chance as a Burst Laser would).

I did a CE Infinite run with it and I almost got my butt handed to me at the Flagship battle. Cloaking is important kids. It will save your life. Always get cloaking! Don't do what I did and not keep running around for another hour or so until I got it.

Also, those Hymns of Valor are not that great. It's like a buffed up Basic Laser but unless you buy better guns or find better hardware soon, they'll cost you dearly. Like the Red-Tail does. You can't beat the Flagship with the starting firepower (unlike say my Lux ship).

I was also thinking of making the Dissonance Resolver do some damage to ships with at least 1-layer of shield. Because by the time you can buy it, enemy ships have many layers of shield and if you have the firepower to destroy the enemy's shield, you have the firepower already to take out the ship.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:33 am

Well, I don't know about LoL or infinite, but I don't consider a loadout like the Red-Tail to be weak, at all.

Two shots and a halberd will take you well into the mid game.

What about the augments and the high prices of those weapons? Any lore or balancing reason they're what they are?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:03 am

meklozz wrote:Well, I don't know about LoL or infinite, but I don't consider a loadout like the Red-Tail to be weak, at all.

You'd think 4 basic lasers would see you through the game but you will need to upgrade once 2/3-layer ships start appearing in high frequency. But for the early sectors, the Red-Tail will keep on wrecking.

What about the augments and the high prices of those weapons? Any lore or balancing reason they're what they are?

The augments and weapons are based off Sona's abilities from League of Legends and scaled up for starship combat. The Hymn of Valor shoots two orbs of sound and does some damage. Hence why there's two of them. In LoL they're quite powerful, but here they're just Basic Lasers with a bit more stun to them.

The Aria of Perseverance is her healing aura she can summon. It's essentially the Engi nanobots. Honestly, I don't find them that useful and sell them at the nearest store so I can get a bigger gun (hopefully).

The Song of Celerity is the Mantis Pheromones. Sona has the ability to increase the speed of herself and those around her for a few seconds. Amp it up to spaceship levels though. If playing Vanilla, I'd sell these too for my Big Gun Fund but in Captain's Edition, I'd keep them as Mantis Pheromones allow you to engage in combat with cargo ships and civilians without penalty and take on slaves. So it means more scrap and opportunities so I can get a better gun.

As for the high selling prices of things? Well they're unique weapons. Should I reduce their price to like 10 Scrap or something so you don't sell them in exchange for better guns when you find one?
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:23 am

Depends on how strong you want it to be, I think that, right now, it's well above almost every vanilla ship, and reducing the selling prices would be a simple way to make it weaker without changing what it's about.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:33 am

But it's not insanely overpowered that it becomes boring?
You still have to be on your toes as to not get wrecked?

So basically it's above the Shrike Line but nowhere near the Big Bang Cruiser Line. So it's actually fine :lol:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:25 am

Version 4.1 is out. It's not worthy of becoming 5.0 because Version 5 is going to be a big update I think... and will include things like more ships and layouts and room image changes so that the doors don't cross over with the interior

4.1 just is some minor tweaking.
Like taking out Mind Control, lowering Sensor level and upping the charge time of the Crescendo.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Nice ship!, really good job on the hull, I can see a huge amount of effort went into the shading!