[SHIP] Zoltan Flagship - Overpowered

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
(totally assigned)

Re: [SHIP] Zoltan Flagship - Overpowered

Postby (totally assigned) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 pm

stylesrj wrote:
(totally assigned) wrote:Hi,just wondering,is there a way to unlock the normal Zoltan A without using a .sav file? If there is,please tell me
(I actually just made a account to post this,the ship sounds amazingly OP.)

There's an event in the Zoltan Homeworlds that might set you on the path to righteousness. It's one of the easiest quests out there. All you have to do is not choose the wrong options (and there are plenty of online guides and even on the FTL Wiki on the solution).

1) Find the Zoltan Monks and choose to Hear Them Out
2) Go to their quest beacon.
3) Do not attack the Rebel Ship. Negotiate.
4) Perhaps there is some way to resolve this without violence
5) True progress can only be achieved without bloodshed

Congrats! You've got a Zoltan Shield/Envoy/Free Weapon and probably not the Cruiser because the RNG was not in your favour :lol:
No really, that has happened to people. They don't get the Shield and therefore don't get the Cruiser.

Thanks!

Time to go on a Zoltan Homeworlds hunting spree
(Would this quest still work with the Delay Rebels mod? Sorry for so many questions)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 pm

(totally assigned) wrote:Time to go on a Zoltan Homeworlds hunting spree
(Would this quest still work with the Delay Rebels mod? Sorry for so many questions)

It'll work with any mod, so long as it doesn't affect the quest itself. So you could even get it in Captain's Edition.
(totally assigned)

Postby (totally assigned) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:00 pm

stylesrj wrote:
(totally assigned) wrote:Time to go on a Zoltan Homeworlds hunting spree

It'll work with any mod, so long as it doesn't affect the quest itself. So you could even get it in Captain's Edition.

Alright,thanks!
BlastOS

Postby BlastOS » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 am

Could we get a hangar image?
thx
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:32 am

Personally, I don't believe in hangar images :lol:

Especially with my Zoltan ships. You put all your Zoltan in the biggest room and that's about it. So I might look into a hangar image... or not.
poikjuyt

Postby poikjuyt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:03 am

I just got a quick question, how'd you get multiple systems in one room?
Duncan Evans
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 am

The same way a Clone Bay and a Medbay are available in the same area of any ship. You need to stack the rooms. That can be done via Superluminal if you select a room and just add another system to it.
It will not overwrite the other system.
poikjuyt

Postby poikjuyt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:25 am

stylesrj wrote:The same way a Clone Bay and a Medbay are available in the same area of any ship. You need to stack the rooms. That can be done via Superluminal if you select a room and just add another system to it.

Thanks alot, also, im curious as to how you made the cloak and shields have higher levels. Like lets say I want to make a cloning bay instantly clone a crew member, how would I go about doing that? (Im having too much fun modifying ships, send help)
Last edited by poikjuyt on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan Evans
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 am

poikjuyt wrote:
stylesrj wrote:The same way a Clone Bay and a Medbay are available in the same area of any ship. You need to stack the rooms. That can be done via Superluminal if you select a room and just add another system to it.

Thanks alot, also, im curious as to how you made the cloak and shields have higher levels. (Im having too much fun modifying ships, send help)

blueprints.xml.append

You take the shields, change the number of "max levels" to something like 12 and then add the extra layer costs below.
Apart from making a custom, overpowered ship, the first thing I did was try and find out how to make 6-layers of shield so missiles would never bother me again :D
poikjuyt

Postby poikjuyt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:46 am

I can see how you did that in the file, but I dont think im getting it because i've trying nonstop to get the cloning bay to be instant
Duncan Evans