Abandoned Projects

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Abandoned Projects

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Back in January, I started to make a Star Fighter mod. I never finished it due to "art" reasons. :o :shock:

I suppose this would qualify for the Shipyard, but that always seemed like a place for art which was already done. This is the opposite, as it is mainly just missing the art.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hspvr ... ghters.ftl

This file is completely functional/playable, but it clearly isn't complete. I leave this here for anybody who wants it. Replaces Federation A, B, and C ships.

Here is an incomplete look at how the first ship may have looked. I never got around to the wings. This graphic isn't included in the download.

edit: I guess I'll say some more about what has been done, such as weapons, systems, and crew. None of the ships have names.

Type-A
Starting Crew: Lanius, Engi, Mantis
Basic starting systems (Shields, Engines, Weapons, Oxygen, Medbay, Piloting, Sensors, Doors)
Starting Weapons: Star Fire, Star Breach

The Star Fire and Star Breach weapons are Vulcan-like weapons. They each require 2 power and are about equivalent to half of a Vulcan. Together, their DPS is slightly lower than a Chain Vulcan, but they should still be able to break through any shields. They don't suffer against a single shield layer like the Vulcan does.

Type-B
Starting Crew: Rock, Human, Lanius
Basic starting systems plus Artillery
Starting Weapons: Star Burst
Artillery: Phase Star Artillery

The Star Burst shoots 4 stars, and it also speeds up like a Vulcan. As it requires 3 power, it should never be able to break through 4 layers of shields by itself without extra help.

The Phase Star Artillery launches 3 stars, which phase out of reality, then back into reality once they have passed by the enemy shields. (Bomb mechanic) They hit for 2 damage, with a decent chance (4) to cause a fire or a breach. I never got around to animating this and it currently uses some placeholder graphics. The .ftl file includes a star_psa.png file. The finished star wouldn't be black like that, but that is what the projectile(bomb) would look like.

Type-C
Starting Crew: Slug, Zoltan, Lanius, Crystal
Basic starting systems plus 4-man Teleporter and Clone Bay
Starting Weapons: Star Gun, Star Ion

The Star Gun is a 1-power variant of the Vulcan. It seems pretty useless by itself, since you would need 4 of them to break shields like a Vulcan. This ship is a boarding ship, so the Star Gun is just a support weapon, like the Basic Laser you would find on the Gila Monster.

The Star Ion is not like the Vulcan. It shoots 1 star that pierces one layer of shields for 1 ion damage. It is meant for support. When the chain gauge is fully charged, it does 2 ion damage. As a boarding ship, you might not see the Star Ion get fully powered. :roll:
Last edited by RAD-82 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
steamtex

Re: Abandoned Projects

Postby steamtex » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:46 pm

I suppose these count.

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Well I have a few projects that I never really picked up again and probably won't:

1) My attempt at a Purity Starship from Sid Meier's Starships:

I used that ship as a test platform for Sharla's Ether Rifle (Xenoblade Chronicles).

2) Kirov Reporting:

3) And Melia's Empress Staff (from Xenoblade):

This was supposed to be a Drone Ship with the Elementals being Drones (complete with shouts of Summon Bolt! and Summon Flare!) but my Scrin Ship is more of a successor to it in terms of the gimmick.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:13 pm

you could put basically anything I planned on making past January 2015 in this thread lmao
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 am

I finished the Star Fighters and posted them here.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:37 am

I don't think I'll end up finishing this twin mustang.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:36 am

I'm really not sure if I'm going to finish my F5 Mercury, but don't want to throw it in here then go back to working on it after it was outsourced to another person.