Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1.1

CE and Arsenal+ versions by mr_easy_money

Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-Bust the system cap!

Update for AE.1.1:
-Added the rest of the systems

When you visit an unexplored vanilla FTL store beacon (except Crystal stores), you are granted an opportunity to make one purchase, but it must be done before you see what the store has to offer. This method of purchase will allow you to exceed the 8-system limit that is enforced by AE stores. The cost of these systems will vary up to +/-15% of their normal cost, except oxygen which has a large variance, and the medbay and clonebay which receive a discount when you swap them. Teleporter, cloaking, drones, hacking, and mind control are the only available systems in AE.1, while AE.1.1 adds all the other systems. I haven't tested it, but I believe that this will allow you access to hacking and mind control if you have AE-content disabled.

If you don't want to look at systems, you may gamble on equipment. Weapons, drones, augments, or crew are available. Sector restrictions apply, so you can't find a Lanius outside of an abandoned sector or acquire a Crystal weapon this way.

The last option is consumables. You could find a good deal, but it isn't guaranteed. Aside from fuel, missiles, and drones, you can also buy a sector map or time.

Code: Select all

System List
-Crew Teleporter (77-104 scrap)
-Cloaking (128-173 scrap)
-Drone Control (51-69 scrap)
-Hacking (68-92 scrap)
-Mind Control (64-86 scrap)
-Shields (106-144 scrap)
-Weapon Control (17-23 scrap)
-Artillery (128-173 scrap)
-Sensors (34-46 scrap)
-Door System (51-69 scrap)
-Backup Battery (30-40 scrap)
-Oxygen (17-69 scrap)
-Medbay or Clone Bay (43-58 scrap if you have neither, 26-35 scrap if you are replacing one)

Gamble List
-Weapon (25-75 scrap)
-Drone (20-60 scrap)
-Augment (25-75 scrap)
-Crew (20-60 scrap)

Consumable List
-Fuel (3-5 units for 6-15 scrap)
-Missiles (3-5 units for 9-30 scrap)
-Drones (3-5 parts for 12-40 scrap)
-Sector Map (10-20 scrap)
-Time (2 jumps for 15-30 scrap)

Compatibility:
-It shouldn't cause any issues with Captain's Edition. CE still uses most of the vanilla store events, so the ones still in use should just have an extra option added to them. It shouldn't prevent CE trading from being available, but you won't be able to do both.

-Some ship mods were not designed to have extra systems, either because they are a small ship with no room, or they already start with 8 systems. It would be a waste of scrap to try and buy systems for these ships.

Known Issues:
-The stores are generated before you make your system purchase from this mod. This may allow you to buy a duplicate system, which is a very bad idea.

-Exceeding 8 systems may cause drone slots to overlap the subsystems on the UI.

Credits:
FTL, SMM, Notepad
stargateprovider for sharing the discovery of the event code that installs systems
(AE.1.1) meklozz for double-checking the work I couldn't test for myself
Last edited by RAD-82 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
NarnKar

Re: [MOD] Limited Time Offer! vAE.1

Postby NarnKar » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:31 am

So this only activates the first time you visit a store, and doesn't activate at all in Crystal sectors--am I reading that right?

But...what if you don't have eight systems at that point? Say you have seven. Does installing the system via event just give you your eighth slot?
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Limited Time Offer! vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:24 am

NarnKar wrote:So this only activates the first time you visit a store...?

I don't know if there was a misunderstanding here, but I reworded my post so it says when you visit an unexplored store beacon. You made it seem to me like I was saying future stores wouldn't work.

NarnKar wrote:doesn't activate at all in Crystal sectors

I chose not to add this to the Crystal sector.

NarnKar wrote:But...what if you don't have eight systems at that point? Say you have seven. Does installing the system via event just give you your eighth slot?

Yes, systems installed via events count towards the system cap.
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Limited Time Offer! vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Updated this store mod, but I can't test it. If it is working correctly, you can now acquire shields, weapons, artillery, sensors, doors, backup battery, oxygen, medbay, and clonebay systems with the mod.

I'd really like to know if the medbay/clonebay part works right. I've never tried putting multiple systems into a blueprintList before (for when you have neither of them), and I hope it is working as intended.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Medbay/clonebay stuff works, but you mixed up O/oxygen capitalization so it doesn't check the req correctly.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Thanks! I've uploaded the fix so the option should no longer appear when you have oxygen. No change to version number since it was a minor bug that had no real impact.

I'll come back later to update the first post with more details about all of the options. I still have no idea what kind of image I want to put at the top of that post.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm

How did you come up with the price ranges for the "Gamble on random equipment..." list of choices?

I was thinking about adding a 'buy something random' option (could be either a weapon, drone, augment or crewmember) for that "expansion" I'm making, and I was thinking of changing the price to make it more enticing/make players have an incentive to go for it, but I'm not sure of the price range...
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:38 am

mr_easy_money wrote:How did you come up with the price ranges for the "Gamble on random equipment..." list of choices?

Sorry, I do not recall. It looks like I just choose a minimum value and tripled it for the maximum value. Weapons and augments are more valuable, so I made them cost more? :?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:05 am

RAD-82 wrote:Sorry, I do not recall. It looks like I just choose a minimum value and tripled it for the maximum value. Weapons and augments are more valuable, so I made them cost more? :?

hmm, yeah I guess I'll think of something reasonable without it being too good of a deal.

also, any particular reason why you have 2 spaces after sentences instead of 1? I noticed this in the files (e.g. No deal. Continue to store...) and evidently right here when I quoted you. easier to see that the sentences are separated?

:edit; just noticed that the forums apparently auto-corrects it to 1 space :|