sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.32 for AE [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for your work. I might not boot up FTL as much as I used to (I go on seasons or something like that), but be sure that every time I do, I check for updates on sMPK, and I always will, you champ.

Mod order shouldn't be an issue, but I too will look into it regardless. Maybe I was just imagining things with the Scythe...

One last thing: There is no graphical difference between the Hermes and Apollo missile launchers, right? I had both at the same time, and while I didn't have the time to see if they had different missile textures (I'm sure they do), the launchers themselves were identical. Just a very minor issue though, as it's probable that they've always been that way, and the fact that one can camouflage as the other when on an enemy can also be interesting, though could be reflected in the weapon's trivia description (where the Hermes is an Apollo redesigned for speed, or contraviceversa).

BTW, I see that you had a recent discussion about the Oxygen system. If you remember, a long time ago I asked of you if you could change Oxygen's default shop price to 50 scrap, as I liked to play a Vortex that starts without Oxygen (but with lv2 Cockpit) nor crew, relying more on the Hologram Generator and the drones, initially, and only buying Oxygen if I get one or two interesting crew members on encounters (I once had a Zoltan left to his own self-powered medbay for two whole sectors. He almost survived the flagship, doing his own thing). So yeah, I asked you to up its price to 50 just so I didn't have to mess with that, as that would also let other people do oxygenless starting layouts without having to worry to fix the system's price on their mod. Just to standarize things, and I still think it's a good idea even if you don't include any oxygenless starting layout.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:28 am

In terms of the actual graphics of the missiles themselves, I believe the only difference between the two is that the Apollo looks slightly bigger than the Hermes, being a standard-issue missile and all. Of course, their fundamental gameplay difference is that the Apollo takes 1 more power to use than the Hermes and deals 1 more damage (in the players case, unless that's somehow become glitched again..) and, while it is a bit slower than it, it's noticeably faster-charging than the super-heavy missile launchers, in exchange for having the same fire/breach rates of the Hermes.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Alright, I've managed to push forward a pretty big update to the CE patch, focusing mainly on the enemy ships since I had been neglecting to properly examine that sector of the mod, in favour of simply giving them their sM names. Thus, every ship has been exposed to the recent research on reactors, hull points and crew amounts, resulting in them hopefully not spawning with not enough power to run everything, yet not allowing them to walk over you in an ion storm.

EDIT: A new update to Insurrection that adds a fancy new four-power beam to the available arsenal has happened, a two-damage beam with minor shield-piercing and the capacity to double damage upon striking empty rooms. A super Hull Beam, if you will. Predictably, it looks terrible and it exacerbated how awful Breaching beams look in the AWM so much, another update happened to alter the graphical changes made to such weapons across beams in every aspect of the module, CE side inclusive. The weapon is also present on the Player Ships StealthB, if one wishes to take it for a drive.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:30 pm

Okay, some bad news. It'd seem that my hopes to get back into full swing here about this time were completely scuppered. If I manage to return proper, it'll be sometime in March. As such, work will end up slowing down somewhat until that point.

On the other hand, I've gotten some more general bugfixing done across the board, so you can consider the mod updated. Including one glaring bug within the AWM that caught me off-guard when I saw it, then burst out laughing when I realised the monstrosity the error had created: a two-second BL2.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Don't worry slowie, take it easy. Even if I no longer play FTL on a regular basis, I do still fire it up three to five times a month, and your mod is still my preferred take on it - so keep your spirits up whenever you can, and know that I'll always re-download your latest version every time I feel like FTLing (and I'll always recommend sMPK to other players I introduce to the game).

Cheers, buddy.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:53 am

It's good to hear from the voice of support again. Unfortunately.. I must be cursed or something, since I am still, /still/ unable to return properly into mod maintenance. I don't quite have the vocabulary in my mind to accurately represent just how ridiculous this has gotten by now.

As for how the mod is going by now, it's doing okay, I think so anyway. The ideas pool is really starting to dry up, and a number of bugs and screw ups have been fixed upon their discovery. All I can really do now at this point is just wait and see what happens.
MantisTheInsect

Postby MantisTheInsect » Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 am

Is there a reason all the ships have these random gray boxes everywhere? Here's a screenshot.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue May 12, 2015 7:46 am

That appears to be a case of the Floor graphics becoming misaligned. Can you throw your Mod Order list this way, since there's a pretty high chance this is being caused by something being loaded in the wrong order.
MantisTheInsect

Postby MantisTheInsect » Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Since the modorder text file isn't updating, I'll supply another screenshot. Here: Image
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed May 13, 2015 12:06 am

There's your problem: that's the wrong version of the kit that is there. 1.032 was the last build of the kit before Advanced Edition came out. http://www.mediafire.com/download/f52uyp5s55ea5k5/The_sM_Polish_Kit_for_Advanced_Edition.rar should take you to the correct download. Also make sure to delete all the parts from the old 'kit from your mod folder, as if any of them are turned on they could break something.