sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.31 for AE [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:03 am

The way the AWM event is added into the event lists is that it gains a single entry into the list of possible Item events, which is a general pool that I /think/ is used by every sector outside of the Last Stand, at least in normal FTL. I can't remember if CE sectors pull events in a different way or not, but I imagine it wouldn't. It's probably, and hopefully, just a case of good old FTL luck coming into play there.

And that graphic is representative of my flagship ship mod, which is.. well, a playable flagship. It comes bundled with the kit by default, and it's equipped with support for Insurrections artillery addition too. I'll need to check to see if the standalone download back in its original thread is up to date though..
Flypaste

Postby Flypaste » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:20 am

If I have a ship that starts without an O2 system, can it appear in stores? The wiki says it can and that it's free, but I don't really trust the wiki, circumstances considered.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:44 am

Flypaste wrote:If I have a ship that starts without an O2 system, can it appear in stores? The wiki says it can and that it's free, but I don't really trust the wiki, circumstances considered.

Yes, by default it'll cost 0 scrap.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:59 am

Actually, no it doesn't. Oxygen's system rarity is set to 0.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:04 am

But you have to be playing a mod to have a ship with no oxygen, and that means it is highly likely that the mod will have altered the oxygen system.

Example:
I have a ship mod called the Dead-Tail. I modified the oxygen system to cost 25 scrap.
I have another ship mod called Hades. Oxygen costs 5 scrap for it.
I recently released another ship mod called Errlys. I didn't do anything to the oxygen system, but I didn't include it on the ship, so you can't get it even if you do waste 0 scrap at a store to buy it. :P
Another mod I have, Holy Crap, has a Flak Gun ship filled with Lanius and no oxygen. I didn't touch oxygen in that mod, so you can get oxygen for free, if you want it.

NarnKar wrote:Actually, no it doesn't. Oxygen's system rarity is set to 0.

Sorry, but you got that wrong. Default rarity is 1.

----

Why is this discussion in this topic? Are we wondering if slowriderxcorps made any changes to oxygen in the kit?
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Flypaste

Postby Flypaste » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I was wondering.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I'm not entirely sure if it is marked as Rarity 1 or 0, but I can't exactly imagine why I would have it set at 0 as it wouldn't come into play unless a mod ship with no Life Support was being used, and in such a case, I would grant the option to purchase it unless the mod itself forced it to be unfindable. The only thing which I know is set to 0 by force outside of CE/Insurrection is the Artillery subsystem, since I once tested to see what would happen if you had a run where it did have rarity yet you were playing a ship that couldn't equip it. Turns out it shows up regardless, which is obviously a very bad thing.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:19 pm

More slow but steady progress. I've been trying my best to iron out imperfections within events and wherever I notice things wrong within my test runs. Of particular notice is that I've ended up altering the appearance of the gold-plated weaponry within two thirds of the AWM, since at some point it clocked in my mind that it was just /too/ garish.

I shall also point in the approximate direction of the Artillery Fixer that just appeared recently. That will work with the CE patch and Insurrection, regardless of what ship mods you may be running, but remember to install it dead last in the mod order. As a little bonus, that will also let you view the individual artillery systems within the hangar itself, so you can make the decision of deciding whether it's worth using or not without having to buy it and hope it does something useful.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Something wierd's going on with the Scythe Beam. Whenever I find an enemy with it, it doesn't seem to exhibit its shield piercing capabilities - one layer is enough for me to block it completely.

However, I've looked at the files and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. I've even tested both the player and enemy versions of the weapon myself, and when it's the player firing them, they work correctly. If you have any tools around to quickly set up a battle with an enemy equipped with it, try doing it, to see if it works correctly for you.

Oh, and merry chrisMPKas.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look into this right away. I need to take a break from my current endeavours regardless: I've been experimenting with the whole Dummy Augments thing, trying to add four things that can be used at empty beacons and the like. Annoyingly though, it seems that trying to do this is breaking the game, badly. If I add the new options as duplicate events with the append files, it's causing the game to crash randomly every time I encounter one, including the entry beacon. However, upon reloading the game, it works just fine. At least, until the next one shows up and crashes it. Making it such that there are no duplicate events does seem to be fixing it, but some other strange things are going on.. I might have to drop the idea if I can't figure out exactly what's going on. It doesn't help that Karto's Error Checker program isn't working on the rig I have to use: it hangs indefinitely when it tries to validate the files.

However in other news that is now usable in the current build: I've been doing a whole bunch of research into how enemies progress through each sector, as far as to understand exactly how the Power and Hull stats work, how the number of enemy crew members is determined, and a rough knowledge of upgrades. As such, I've reworked all the enemies with this knowledge, meaning that battles in ion storms might be slightly less bull than they used to be. Also, new graphics for the Vulcan. And the usual bugfixing across the board.

EDIT: Yeah, I have no idea what's going on with the Scythe Beam at all. I threw a couple of beams with 1 piercing into the tutorial and they worked just fine. Perhaps it was a mod order issue? Meanwhile, I went into some research into the achievements when I remembered that I had yet to alter their descriptions. Master Of Patience is only possible with the Artillery BEAM, so FederationC cannot unlock the achievement at all. Battle Royale for the Mantis Cruiser doesn't trigger if all but one of your crew is lying dormant in the Clone Bay buffer. And, complete with a massive dose of fascination, using Hacking and Mind Control does NOT void Coming In For My Pacifism Run!

EDIT, um, again: Fixed a critical glitch with the CE patch caused by an alteration within the polish kit that affects the sector spawns when Advanced Edition is enabled.