drone activation problem

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
bigbangnet

drone activation problem

Postby bigbangnet » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 am

Hello,

I don't know if this is intended as a bug or just a problem but here is the info and theres also an attachment showing you what I mean as well

In a fight, I was boarded (like every *&%$/ time grrr) so I used my anti-personel drone to help with the fight. I won and moved on...but the drone stayed in my ship ?!?

Later, I got another fight with a rebel cruiser so I thought of activating my defence drone mark II. To my surprise it told me I didn't have enough power ... well I couldn't activated it which is really odd. My bet is since that drone is activated its registering it as used power...

My solution is to provide an option to deactivate it...I would go as far as get salvage since it uses the drone for 1 use only then its back to scrap.

before anyone states "well you don't have enough power" ... all my systems were fully activated, my subsystems as well, all my weapons and I could activate my drone defence mark 2 as well.

PS: I can't even deactivate my defence drone ?!? now
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: drone activation problem

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 am

Hello. Sorry you got hit by this, I've seen it one other time and I'm working on fixing it for when I have time to push out an update.

Had you resumed a previously Saved & Quit game recently?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:22 am

Also, yes, the Anti-Pers. combat drone will stay on your ship even as you jump around. He's inside it, so he can jump with you. The exterior drones have to be left behind.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
bigbangnet

Postby bigbangnet » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:54 am

I tried a save & quit but that didn't work... wish it would magically fixed itself after that and killed the green goblin. That dude is good at creating bugs :lol:
bigbangnet

Postby bigbangnet » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Upon further analysis (just looking at the damn screen) I noticed some lazers (out of thin air) shooting the enemy lazers and missiles but I couldn't see my drone. So my guess which can't be confirmed is that since the drone defence is activated and I can't deactivate it is working but I can't see it. This also was all the time.
Vind

Postby Vind » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 am

Got Defense I drone "stuck" in the same way - the way to resolve it is to sell it and buy a new one as it must be item-specific bug.