Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1.1 - Replaces Zoltan-A

Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-"The nature of the day is rotational. The fever is emaciated. The reason is-"
-Backwards cockpit, because this ship isn't really special

AE.1.1 Update:
-Starting engines and reactor increased by 1
-Replaced Combat 1 drone with custom drone; Chaotic Energy Combat Drone (CEW.L D)
-Added an event-based augment; if you know how to use it, it can get you a ninth system

After the failure of the first Delirium, the Delirium Duo was constructed in place of it. It doesn't exploit the nature of Zoltans like the original ship tried to do, but someone still messed up the design. Why is my piloting BACKWARDS?!?

Sorry, there isn't really anything special about this ship. :(

AE.1.1 update starts the ship a little stronger in the engines and reactor, plus it replaces the combat drone with a custom ion/system damage drone. If you are crazy enough, there is now a Space Dementia augment that lets you buy a ninth system under the right conditions.

Video:
Rand118 - AE.1.1 - Full run

Credits:
FTL, Slipstream, Notepad, PSP7
AE.1.1 credits: Some Weird Al lyrics for the custom augment/event
Last edited by RAD-82 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Re: [Ship] Delirium Duo vAE.1

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm sorry that the concept you planned did not work out. Still cool that you released the ship anyway. There have been so few fresh ships mods lately. Where are the golden days?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:35 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I'm sorry that the concept you planned did not work out. Still cool that you released the ship anyway. There have been so few fresh ships mods lately. Where are the golden days?

I too miss the golden days, I remember when I used to be big, every video getting at least 400 views...I'm lucky to break 60 now a days...oh well my loyality to this site and the mods will take a long time to die
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:14 am

The golden days have come and gone with the exploratory era. Now that just about every facet of FTL modding is known, the only people who make mods are the ones that don't care about original game mechanics, with a few exceptions. (Due to the mods in question being total conversions into other universes/time periods, or just ships ported from other universes - the former is extremely difficult and the latter has been done to death already.)
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:17 am

dalolorn wrote:The golden days have come and gone with the exploratory era. Now that just about every facet of FTL modding is known, the only people who make mods are the ones that don't care about original game mechanics, with a few exceptions. (Due to the mods in question being total conversions into other universes/time periods, or just ships ported from other universes - the former is extremely difficult and the latter has been done to death already.)

I....agree with that statement, I remember seeing so many different ships so many different stories and ways to play, granted my favorite is BURNING (MWHAHAHAHAHHAHA) and over powered fun where its Cathartic to go to town on the Rebel Flagship
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:53 am

BrenTenkage wrote:I....agree with that statement, I remember seeing so many different ships so many different stories and ways to play, granted my favorite is BURNING (MWHAHAHAHAHHAHA) and over powered fun where its Cathartic to go to town on the Rebel Flagship

Well, I was actually among the modders that didn't care about original mechanics. Unfortunately, my attempt at making a total conversion resulted in nothing more than a few Rebel ships before going under - and English Narwhal's adoption of the project yielded nothing but concept art.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:49 am

This has got me thinking.

Perhaps someone (or just me) should make a series of ships that are essentially the vanilla ships but they face backwards and all the rooms are backwards. So the Kestrel always looks like it's running from the enemy, but at the same time it's shooting backwards at them like a Spathi Eluder. :lol:
Omen267901

Postby Omen267901 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Yeah. This is why I'm sad Overdrive has died twice now. Haven't heard anything about that other remake of the game either. :(
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Delirium Duo vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:01 am

Updated to AE.1.1

Almost six years later and I've decided to update this plain and colorful ship. I've improved the starting conditions so you don't have to pay extra for a weak reactor upgrade anymore.

The combat drone has been replaced with one of my custom Chaotic Energy drones. It moves slower, but it can damage shields and avoid anti-combat drones.

The cloaking image was also colorful before the update, but since there is a good chance that a player would buy hacking instead, I've added a special Space Dementia augment that allows a ninth system to be bought under the right conditions, which is hinted in the augment description.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.