Anyone willing to help implement my mod for a bit of cash?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Levgre

Anyone willing to help implement my mod for a bit of cash?

Postby Levgre » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:23 am

I'd like to make a mod which significantly changes the core gameplay of FTL, as much as possible given what can be modified. However I am working on my first major indie flash game, so my mental energy and time is a little spread thin to learn how to make everything work. (although I have browsed the data files, messed around with superliminal, etc.)

So I'm wondering if there is a more veteran modder who would want to assist me for 20$ or so. I know this is not much, although most of the mod comes down to changing numbers and such. But part of the reward should be adding a new mod for the community, and perhaps for yourself to play :P

Here is a brief summary of some changes that will be made

Player ship hull amount reduced to 10-15, battles no longer about attrition
Ships start with more potency, i.e. boarding + drones systems at start (plus repair/defense/overshield drones), larger crews, augments, etc.
Stealth now capped at 1
Shields capped at 1, or possibly 2.
Weapons, augments, crew members, missiles, systems + upgrades, so on are significantly cheaper.
Modifications to most weapons and drones, to make them as a whole much stronger and viable, especially the myriad of underpowered weapons.

Now there are a number of things I'm not sure wheather you can do. For example, artillery purchasable in shop, changing the cooldown timer on stealth, so on. So I'd ask those questions in this thread before I gave instructions on what exactly to mod, and how.

Hope someone is willing to take this up, I think a fun mod could be made, for lots of people!
NarnKar

Re: Anyone willing to help implement my mod for a bit of cas

Postby NarnKar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

While I don't personally care enough to actually balance this mod, I can add drones and change prices. Will it make the game unbalanced? I don't know, I don't care.

.......40 bucks.
Levgre

Postby Levgre » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Well I'd be balancing and playtesting. 40$ sounds too high though, thanks for the offer :).
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:48 pm

Given the amount of man-hours involved in making this mod, a modder would either want to see this mod him/herself and do it for free, or charge a hell of a lot more than 40$.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
Levgre

Postby Levgre » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 am

Since most of it is essentially data entry and packaging the files for use, it shouldn't really be many hours. Guess I'll do it myself sometime. Once I learn/troubleshoot a few things I'm getting stuck on I imagine I'll be able to implement the mod in a couple hours, and then balancing/playtesting will take up most of the time.