Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

The main mod in question, which adds the weapons for the player to find:
MediaFire Download Link AE.4.7

Enemy Weapons Add-on. Requires the other file to be loaded with it:
MediaFire Download Link AE.4

Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-Requires AE-content enabled
-15 new weapons and 1 new drone, some previously seen in ship mods and some new.
-Enemies do not have these weapons.  An add-on may be made later to give them some.

Update for AE.2:
-A few minor changes made to some of the existing weapons.
-There are now 23 new weapons and 4 new drones.
-Enemies still do not have these weapons.

Update for AE.3:
-Enabled most of the vanilla weapons that had a rarity of zero; mostly starting equipment.
-Added 8 new weapons and 1 new drone.
-Enemies still do not have these weapons; but there should eventually be an add-on for that.

Initial Release of Enemy Weapons Add-on AE.3

Update for AE.4:
-Added 8 more weapons.
-Updated Enemy Weapons Add-on to AE.4

Update for AE.4.1:
-Minor changes; no new post announcement
-Improved CE compatibility with blue options

Update for AE.4.6:
-Updated Scavenger weapons
-Added 3 new weapons and 1 new drone.
-Removed Fire/Bio-beam bug; mini versions no longer work on vanilla events
-No change for Enemy Weapons Add-on

Update for AE.4.7:
-No new post announcement
-Added 3 new weapons
-No change for Enemy Weapons Add-on

Advanced Hacking System (A.H.S.)
-Found in the Frankenstein mod, this beam weapon can ion and damage a system through one shield layer, while it also causes havoc to the shields.

Heavy Combat Drone (Combat H)
-Found in the Frankenstein mod, this drone moves slightly slower than a normal combat drone, but shoots a heavy laser instead of a basic laser.

Hydra Missile (Hydra)
-Found on the Scavenger in the Law/Outlaw mod, this charge missile system requires three missiles when it fires, but can also produce missiles under the right conditions.
Conflicts with CE, but I don't feel like fixing that, since it is still playable

Modified Pike Beam (+Pike Beam)
-Found on the Scavenger in the Law/Outlaw mod, this Pike Beam can cause breaches and deal double damage to systemless rooms.

Inferno Blast (Inferno)
-Found on the Cremator in the Space Turtles mod, this weapon fires fifteen pieces of flaming debris across a huge area, but it can't break through shields.

Phoenix Missiles (Phoenix)
-Found on the Cremator in the Space Turtles mod, this weapon is just Swarm Missiles with a high fire chance.

Heated Ion Blast (Hot Ion)
-Found on the Cremator in the Space Turtles mod, this ion weapon can cause fires and damage crew.

Maelstrom Bomb (Maelstrom)
-Found in the Enigma mod, this bomb creates chaos.  It does ion, system, and crew damage.  It has a high chance of fire, breach, and stun.  It locks the doors on the room.

Chain Burst Laser (Chain L+)
-For using an extra power, this Chain Burst Laser can fire faster.

Chain Heated Ion Blast (Chain HI)
-Heated Ion Blast, Vulcan-style.  Slightly slower than a Vulcan.

Heavy Chain Laser Mark I (HCL I)
-This Heavy Laser starts out weak, but will eventually do four damage per hit.

Heavy Chain Laser Mark II (HCL II)
-Same as HCL I, but fires two shots.

Heavy Pierce Chain Laser I (HPCL I)
-Found in the Bahamut mod, this Heavy Laser starts out weak, but will eventually do four damage per hit.  It pierces one shield layer,

Heavy Pierce Chain Laser II (HPCL II)
-Same as HPCL I, but fires two shots.

Heavy Ion Laser Mark I (Hvy Ion Laser I)
-Heavy Laser that also does some ion damage.

Heavy Ion Laser Charger (HILC)
-Heavy Ion Laser that can charge up to three projectiles.

Grow Lance (G.Lance)
-Beam weapon that gets stronger the more it shoots.  Requires four shots to reach maximum damage of three.

Stun Laser Mark I (Stun Laser I)
-Basic Laser with a high chance to stun crew.

Stun Laser Mark II (Stun Laser II)
-Basic Laser that pierces one shield layer with a high chance to stun crew.

Stun Laser Mark III (Stun Laser III)
-Basic Laser that pierces two shield layers with a high chance to stun crew.  Minor fire chance.

Stun Beam Mark I (Stun Beam I)
-Mini beam that pierces two shield layers to stun crew for four seconds.  Minor fire chance.

Stun Beam Mark II (Stun Beam II)
-Long beam that pierces two shield layers to stun crew for four seconds.  Minor fire chance.

Daze Beam (Daze Beam)
-Beam that pierces three shield layers to stun crew for seven seconds.  Minor fire chance, but the strength of the beam makes the chance greater than the Stun Beam chance.

Man-Eater Missile (Man-Eater)
-Found in the Bahamut mod, a basic missile that carries a toxin that causes extra damage to crew caught in the explosion.

Heavy Anti-Combat Drone (H.Anti)
-An defense drone designed to shoot down other drones attacking your ship.  This one fires a heavy laser and charges in less than half the time it takes the ion anti-combat drone to charge.

Combat Stun Drone I (Stun I)
-An attack drone that can't deplete shields or damage hull.  It can pierce one shield layer with a minor fire chance, high stun chance, and deal a small amount of crew damage.

Combat Stun Drone II (Stun II)
-Moves faster than the first one.

Iron Duke (IronDuke)
-(Final Fantasy X-2; Forged in the belief that power is but a number.)  Heavy Laser that can charge up to five shots.

Mini Fire Beam (MiniFire Beam)
-Obvious, I would think...  Same fire chance as the normal Fire Beam, shorter beam length, less power, and quicker charge.

Mini Anti-Bio Beam (MiniBio Beam)
-Does less damage than the normal Anti-Bio Beam, but it does charge faster for less power.

Anti-Bio Bomb (Bio B.)
-Small bomb that carries the same toxin as the Man-Eater missile.

Shiva Missile (Shiva)
-Found in the Null mod, this missile does a little damage with a decent breach chance, ionizes hit systems and shields that it pierces through, and temporarily locks the doors to the room that is hit.

Fire Burst Mark I (Fire Laser I)
-A laser designed to start fires.  The manufacturer didn't realize that one shot doesn't constitute a burst.

Fire Burst Mark II (Fire Laser II)
-Two-shot burst laser designed to start fires.

Fire Burst Mark III (Fire Laser III)
-Three-shot burst laser designed to start fires.

Combat Fire Drone (Fire L.)
-An attack drone with a laser that has a decent fire chance.

Chain Flak Gun (Ch. Flak)
-Flak gun that fires a blast of debris across a random area doing up to 5 damage.  Firing speed increases as it shoots, resulting in poor aiming.

Repair Burst (Repair B.)
-System repair bomb that doesn't require any missile resources.  Fixes one point of system damage.

Healing Burst (Heal B.)
-Healing bomb that doesn't require any missile resources.  Heals 15 health to any friendly crew in the room.

*For 4 power, a Chain Vulcan fires every 1.1 seconds, unassisted.  Star shooters by themselves do not use 4 power, but will require that much when used together to produce a similar fire rate.

Star Fire (S.Fire)
-(1.6) Star shooter which fires faster over time.  Has potential to start fires.

Star Breach (S.Breach)
-(1.6) Star shooter which fires faster over time.  Has potential to cause breaches.

Star Burst (S.Burst)
-(1.8) Star shooter which fires faster over time.  Shoots 4 stars.

Star Gun (S.Gun)
-(1.2) Star shooter which fires faster over time.  Cheap weapon with no special quirks.

Star Ion (S.Ion)
-Star shooter which increases capabilities over time.  Non-damaging star that can pierce 1 shield layer and disrupt systems.

*Chaotic Energy Weapons do not damage hull, but they can deal damage to systems and crew, start fires, and cause breaches.  Very effective against shields.

Chaotic Energy Laser Mark I (CEW.L I)
-Based on the Catastrophe artillery, this weapon shoots one projectile of chaotic energy at increasing speeds until it overloads.

Chaotic Energy Laser Mark II (CEW.L II)
-Based on the Catastrophe artillery, this weapon shoots two projectiles of chaotic energy at increasing speeds until it overloads.

Chaotic Energy Combat Drone (CEW.L D)
-Due to the volatile nature of chaotic energy, this drone moves slow and is equipped with protective armor to maintain stability.

Mega Bomb (M. Bomb)
-An explosive so powerful, it damages hull.

Deathbringer Laser (Death L.)
-A quick, chain-damage ion laser capable of great damage.

Battery / Taser MK I (Taser I)
-A battery that provides one extra power to weapons at the cost of a weapon slot.  Can be overloaded to stun crew.

Battery / Taser MK II (Taser II)
-A battery that provides two extra power to weapons at the cost of a weapon slot.  Can be overloaded to stun crew.

Who needs balance when you have WEAPONS!!!!
I apologize in advance for recoloring some weapons rather than making new graphics.

If used with Captain's Edition, place this weapon mod after CE. The suggested load order in the CE thread would put this mod first, but that would prevent the weapons from appearing on CE weapon lists for blue events. The enemy weapons add-on can also be used with CE, but may have very little effect, as it only adds to vanilla enemy weapon lists.

Credits:
FTL, SMM, PSP7, Notepad, Arfy
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.2

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:50 am

I don't remember many people commenting on your first version of this. So I thought I'd tell you good job! ;). Interesting weapons. I like all the new stun type weapons and missiles.
Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:43 am

Quick question: would these fancy weapons play nice with Captain's Edition?

FTL always needs more stun weapons! :idea:
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:04 am

Gyrfalcon wrote:Quick question: would these fancy weapons play nice with Captain's Edition?

This mod shouldn't cause any conflicts with other mods. It is just player weapons that can be found or bought in stores.
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.3

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Version AE.3 is up!

This version includes vanilla starting weapons, plus the enemy version of the Artemis. Have fun with Mini Beams, Dual Lasers, and Adv. Flak. You can even have a Shield Drone for two power instead of three. 11 items total!

New weapons include a set of Fire Burst Lasers, a missile that carries ion damage and lockdown effect, a Heavy Laser that charges up to 5 shots, miniature Fire and Anti-Bio Beams, an Anti-Bio Bomb, and a new drone (Custom Graphic, not just a different color, although it is a different color) that shoots the new fire projectile used in the Fire Burst Lasers.

---
Top 12 Downloads in my MediaFire FTL folder. Version 2 was in third place. Will version 3 reclaim that spot?

Note: When I uploaded AE.3, MediaFire gave it a ? icon instead of a zip icon. Will anybody let me know if it still downloads and works normally?
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.3

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 am

Enemy Weapons Add-on had been added to the first post. It requires the other file to work, as it doesn't have any weapons in it.

I haven't tested it, but it is copied from my Crystal Cataclysm mod, which does work, so I'm assuming it works.

This file adds to the weapon lists used by vanilla enemy ships. Nothing is overwritten, so CE enemies that use modified vanilla lists will still have their CE weapons available if you use this with it. I've never looked at CE files, so I don't even know if those lists are even used still. I assume they still exist, but with additional lists made for special ship events and such. I don't really care.

I added duplicates of the vanilla weapons to the lists to try and decrease the probability of the new weapons. I don't know if that actually works, but it doesn't hurt to do it.

Drones:  Added all 5 new ones to their respective lists.

Rebels:
-Chain Burst Laser (Chain L+)
-Heavy Ion Laser Mark I (Hvy Ion Laser I)
-Stun Laser Mark I (Stun Laser I)
-Stun Laser Mark II (Stun Laser II)
-Iron Duke (IronDuke)
-Fire Burst Mark I (Fire Laser I)
-Fire Burst Mark II (Fire Laser II)

Rebel Autos:
-Heated Ion Blast (Hot Ion)
-Mini Fire Beam (MiniFire Beam)

Slug:
-Maelstrom Bomb (Maelstrom)
-Chain Heated Ion Blast (Chain HI)
-Grow Lance (G.Lance)
-Stun Beam Mark I (Stun Beam I)
-Stun Beam Mark II (Stun Beam II)
-Anti-Bio Bomb (Bio B.)

Rock:
-Inferno Blast (Inferno)
-Phoenix Missiles (Phoenix)
-Heavy Chain Laser Mark I (HCL I)
-Heavy Chain Laser Mark II (HCL II)
-Man-Eater Missile (Man-Eater)
-Fire Burst Mark III (Fire Laser III)

Mantis:
-Heavy Chain Laser Mark I (HCL I)
-Daze Beam (Daze Beam)

Federation:

Engi:
-Advanced Hacking System (A.H.S.)
-Chain Heated Ion Blast (Chain HI)
-Heavy Ion Laser Charger (HILC)
-Grow Lance (G.Lance)

Zoltan:
-Grow Lance (G.Lance)
-Daze Beam (Daze Beam)

Crystal:
-They don't actually have an AE override list for me to add to.  Nothing has changed for them.

I can't say if these additions will screw over the player, but if they do, you should know how to not use this add-on. I feel like some of these could increase difficulty, such as the Chain Burst Laser that shoots two shots every four seconds, or the Stun Laser Mark II which can pierce one shield. I really don't know...
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.4

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Weapon pack has been updated to version AE.4 to include eight more items. Three of them come from my Errlys ship mod, while the other five come from an unfinished mod. I think these last five (Star Shooters) are kind of neat, but I was lazy in their creation, so they aren't as cool as they could have been.

Version AE.3 was #1 on my download list, with almost 2400 downloads.

Edit (Nov. 23, 2015): Updated to version AE.4.1 to coincide with the final release of the RAD Fleet. This allows some of the weapons to appear on CE weapon lists that are used for blue options. The fire chance on the heated ions has been decreased. Fire lasers now travel at normal speed rather than slightly slower than normal lasers. I'm not quite sure why I made them slightly slower to begin with. :?
Telios

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.4.1

Postby Telios » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:42 am

Where do we place the AE.4.1 version in the mod list? Before or after CE?
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.4.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Telios wrote:Where do we place the AE.4.1 version in the mod list? Before or after CE?

After CE.

The mod load order in the CE topic suggests loading weapon mods first, because it thinks weapon mods will replace enemy weapon lists, but that doesn't happen with this mod.
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] RAD-82's Weapon Pack vAE.4.6

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:02 am

tl;dr - Update to version AE.4.6!

Did FTL 1.6 break anything? I don't know. This update has nothing to do with that. :P

Weapon pack has been updated due to the changes I made to the Scavenger ship mod. In addition to making changes to the Hydra and +Pike Beam, I've added three new weapons and one drone.

Since the artillery weapon on the Catastrophe is soooo cewl :roll: (Chaotic Energy Weapon Laser), I made a couple of non-artillery versions. Too lazy to make unique graphics for them, so they look the same. :( (Weapon Art credit: Arfy)

The Mark I fires one shot nine times before it overloads. The Mark II fires two shots seven times before it overloads. The Catastrophe's artillery fires three shots thirteen times before it overloads.

It may seem dangerous to put a chaotic energy weapon on a drone, but I managed to do it. :ugeek: The drone has to move slowly to maintain the flow of chaotic energy, and it is heavily-armored to protect it from outside interference. (?90%?)

The final weapon is a Mega Bomb. There isn't really anything special about this, aside from being strong enough to damage a ship's hull. Truthfully, I wanted to make a (Minecraft) Creeper Bomb, but that is too much for me to do, so I used the intended stats for this Mega Bomb instead.

All of these new weapons seem too dangerous to give to random enemy ships, so the Enemy Weapons Add-on doesn't get updated.

P.S. - The Maelstrom Bomb is a chaotic energy weapon, but isn't quite described as such. It was the first CEW, before CEW was the proper designation for those kinds of things.