The Engi Conspiracy!

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
gamer52599

Re: The Engi Conspiracy!

Postby gamer52599 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:56 pm

zelnick: syreen brigade attack the asteroid it has a knockoff deep child inside

talana looks like she's going to blow up from rage

talana: the engi made there own deep children they will pay for this

zelnick: now talana we must stay focused and not let personal matters get in the way of our judgment

zelnick: orz brigade send reinforcements to the surface

zelnick: if your wondering high commander why i have an almost infinite amount of ships in my fleet beetlejuice has a station and there i am manufacturing the things like crazy using a limitless supply of exotic materials from the chmrr the large amount of crew coming from the shofixti i can make this large fleet possible now then talana

talana: syreen destroy the deep child
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:36 pm

HADM Phoenix: BRIGGS YOU HAVE TO GET PEOPLE OFF THE PLANET NOW.

Lt. Commander Briggs: SIR, THAT IS NOT REPEAT NOT AN OPTION. THE CONFLICT IN ORBI-

Phoenix: THE ASTEROID IS GOING TO KILL EVERYONE IF YOU DON'T TRY, GET EVERYONE OFF THE PLANET NOW.

Briggs: Yes... YES SIR,

Phoenix: Good, attention ALL units in low Xendra orbit, DO NOT attack the Asteroid, doing so will cause it to break down and discharge in orbit, KILLING US TOO.

Allow it to impact REPEAT, ALLOW IT TO IMPACT.

Sir, 70% of all civilians evacuated, and 90% of all military forces, impact in thirty seconds...

Phoenix: Damn, ALL UNITS, BRACE FOR AN EXTREME IMPACT.

Twenty... Fifteen... Ten... Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two...

*Large explosive impacts Xendra Prime, destroying most of it's east side and shattering the entire planet*

Phoenix: Briggs check in...

Briggs: Go ahead High Admiral...

Phoenix: All fleets check in

PFV Praetorian: Battlegroup 13 Okay!

PFV Legion: 12 Okay!

PFV Purge: 11 Okay.

PFV Avenger: 10 is beat up and most of our ships are combat in-effective...

PFV ShadowCrow: 9 Is... Okay.

PFV: Raven: 8 Okay!

PFV Dark Knight: 7 Is okay, ready to even up the body count.

PFV Demon: Six is done for... We need a repair station ASAP

PFV Raven: Five okay, four, three and two are all gone.

PFV Sentinel: We're good...

Phoenix: Everyone okay?

Anna: I'm fine

Graves: I'm injured but okay...

Briggs: We're good...

Most of the crew is alive.

Phoenix: Hell... That was... Bad...
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:15 am

This is the flight recorder from the Marine Frigate Infinity:

Our Integrated Smart Intelligence System (ISIS)is reporting several hostile vessels shaped like large bricks approaching our position...
They're opening fire Captain!
Frak! Well hold on to something, because we're going to strain the dampeners!
Sir, the ship uses an inertialess drive, for all the times you suddenly stop the ship they...
Fire the guns!

*Several impacts can be heard, as well as a laser buzzing and hull breaches*

Raise the shields!
Captain, we don't have any installed!
What the hell is that thing they're launching?

*Something slamming can be heard*

Looks like its... hacking ISIS. Amateurs.
Good to know. Huh, why are those orbiting drones suddenly no longer working?
I have placed a disruption field around the vessel. You may trust this implicitly
Good too... voices in my head... are they seriously doing what I think they're doing? Mind control? I'm a Class 10 psionic...
Yeah yeah, don't brag Captain just because I'm a Class 6.
Regardless, the rest might be even unluckier. Put up the Mind Shield ISIS.
The rest? Your machine says I'm Class 12
Yeah but you're a true space mage. You can kill me with fireballs if you want
I'm a Class 15.
Regardless, we can't risk our crew being compromised like that.

*More impacts of lasers*

Hull integrity is failing. Asteroid field detected. Should you abandon ship while I take cover and wait for the fleet?
ISIS, the Captain always goes down with the...
*explosion*
Let's get the Gork outta here! Send out a distress signal, I'm going to get the fleet!
Dibs on the stasis pod!

END OF RECORDING
Boo! Ok, seriously.

*Recording ends*

------------------------------------

Reports indicate that the Lanius may have acquired over some unknown technology. A Frigate-class ship with powerful laser cannons, an invisible field that stops all drones, Hacking modules and mind control and a drive system so fast and agile that it makes conventional impulse engines like lawnmowers in comparison when they dodge projectiles.

If the Lanius are working with the Engies, this may pose a problem. Imagine fleets of battleships with the manoeuvrability of fighters and drones. You can't hack their engines or mind control the crew and then they destroy you with powerful weapons. Rumours of an AI running the ship are unfounded. It's clearly the Lanius.

OOC: Ok, I was working with the ship editor and I made a ship with certain features on it, but for the love of everything, I couldn't get the shield bubble working. But no matter. Pre-Igniter, Zoltan Shield. Done.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:09 am

HADM Phoenix: *Stares down at the shattered planet. Anna snuggling into his neck, both looking depressed* I can't believe we survived that... I wonder how many people we lost...

Anna: I don't want to know... You know... I never knew what was so special about the Citadel, I mean... I wasn't born here so I never knew...

Phoenix: It's our church, our HQ of sorts and our most valuable asset... For some reason we are beckoned there and were told that one day a young boy would travel there and the long dead ancients would show themselves through the Citadel's systems and bow to him... He would rule us...

Anna: Were you him?

Phoenix: Indeed...

Anna: The ancients?

Phoenix: They showed... To me and the Priest but no one else... They followed me based on my heritage, my skills and nothing else...

Anna: Hmm... *She gets off him* Listen I'm... Really sorry for what happened here. I never came here, you know that. You met me on Earth all those years ago...

Phoenix: *Smiles* Hmm.

Briggs: Sir, three High Command Officers are requesting You, Sargent Griffin and me to met them for a special assignment.

Phoenix: Anna, you wanna come?

Anna: Sure.

*They enter the room, the Officers are in silhouette on a monitor. All four stand at attention for their superiors*

High Command Officer 1: Welcome back Sargent Griffin, Lieutenant Commander Briggs and of course High Admiral Phoenix.

Glad you came back in one piece, your mission on Earth and Sector 23 was. Pretty. Damn. Successful. But it's time to get back to work!

You are our new leader, you will lead our faction, our race through it's hardest of times.

This... Will be your most difficult assignment yet.

Your team will face dangers and harsh situations, tough decisions are up ahead but it is agreed, this is your specialty...

Officer 2: It's not about survival anymore, you'll face your demons, your inner demons...

No good path...

No evil path...

Just the one you can live with...

Much like a game, a series of puzzles. This is not about numbers or bottom lines but...

Moral Dilemmas...

Is sacrificing your partner the best choice?

Or is it just the easiest?

Handle hostage situations.

Endure torture...

Test experimental weapons on your soldiers...

Overcome famine...

Cold.

MADNESS.

*Phoenix zones out for a minute*

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS??

PHOENIX!

Once again, there is no way back.

You will learn more about each other, the dangers of the universe, The Engi, the secrets of the Lanius...

And who knows...

Maybe you'll learn more about the ones that watch us all.

BUT YOU SON.

YOU WERE BORN FOR IT

*Phoenix's pupils dilate and he zones out again*

And remember....

GODS. WILL. BE. WATCHING.

*Briggs and Griffin kneel before their new ruler. Anna holds Phoenix's hand and smiles.*

Phoenix: Well sir, let's not disappoint.

*Phoenix and company walk out*

Anna: Well, I haven't slept for a while I'm gonna go take a nap.

Phoenix: Well, I have things to handle here.

Anna: When you're done, come join me, you must be tired.

Phoenix: I'll take that at face value.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:32 am

TO: EDF Theoretical Weapon Sciences

RE: Electromagnetic Accelerator #001, CSS Orion

Good morning gentlemen, Here are the latest results from several test fires of the railgun.

TEST#3-#5: Charged capacitors to 25% power. Projectile velocities averaged to 50,000 km/s

TEST#6-#8: Charged capacitors to 50% power. Projectile velocities averaged to 100,000 km/s

TEST#9-#11: Charged capacitors to 75% power. Projectile velocities averaged to 150,000 km/s

TEST#12-#15: Charged capacitors to 100% power. Projectile velocities averaged to 200,000 km/s
(NOTE: took 120 seconds to charge to 100% power)

TEST#16-#19: Overcharged capacitors to 110% power. Projectile velocities averaged to 250,000 km/s

Could not charge capacitors any more or risk explosive discharge of electricity and damage to conducting rails. For laymen that this report is getting cc'd to, 250,000 km/s is 83% the speed of light. This should be enough to split a small planet in half.

CSS Orion; Light Flagship

Armament: 4 Burst Laser MK2s, 4 Artemis missile launchers, 2 Chain Vulcans, 2 Glaive Beams, 4 Pike Beams, 2 Heavy Pierce laser MK2s (Fires 2 shots, ignores 1 shield, does 2 damage, 20 second cooldown).

Shields: 8 Layers, 12 power Zoltan Shield

Hacking

Clone Bay; Backup DNA Bank

Teleporter

Engines; 50% Evade

Cloaking

Railgun (separate system from weapons)

Backup Battery; 10 power for 60 seconds

Sensors; Lv4

Doors; Lv4

Piloting; Lv4 (100% evade and FTL without pilot in Piloting)

//END REPORT
"The're coming to destroy us... Why?... We want peace..."
The Dark Ones
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:03 pm

The honey badger Supercarrier is a five km ship that we need help with, it will be mobile faction base for anyone who wishes to be there, we'll pick up anything and anyone you can spare and take them to our main base.

(Sorry for the lack of formatting, I spent 15 minutes making a detailed post only to have it be deleted upon me being signed out and back in.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 pm

(God that happens to me a lot, copy and paste saves me some tine though).

HSA (High Supreme Admiral shorthand High Admiral) Phoenix: Spyglass, find us a habitable planet within the next 3 sectors, we have to get as many people as we can out of this dangerous situation.

Of course High Admiral...

Phoenix: Hourly check ins for security teams aboard each ship, starting now.

Civilian Ship 1: Sir, all clear here, nothing of interest over.

Civilian Ship 2: Nothing sir.

Civilian Ship 3: Nothing... All clear...

Civilian Ship 4: SIR! THIS IS UNIFORM 3-6 MULTIPLE SYMPATHIZERS HOLDING 4 TO 6 PEOPLE HOSTAGE!

THEY ARE HEAVILY ARMED! DIRECT APPROACH NOT AN OPTION, REPEAT, DIRECT APPROACH NOT AN OPTION.

Phoenix: Spyglass, continue the check ins I'm going in.

Anna: *Walks in* Not without a little backup you aren't.

Phoenix: Fine. Spyglass get us over there

Understood.

Phoenix: Uniform hold your ground, I'll be there in thirty seconds.

Uniform 3-6: SIR, THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US!! THEY SEEM TO BE!! Hold on... *gunfire* they are trying to hack something on our servers...

Tech guy is checking for what's missing on the servers...

Phoenix: We're on deck...

ATTENTION TERRORISTS!! HOLD YOUR FIRE, I'M COMING IN TO NEGOTIATE.

Anna: *Whispers* No, you're not...

Phoenix: I'll be fine...

Anna: *Grabs his arm* No you won't, these guys are tough.

If you're not out in five minutes, I'm coming in after you..

Phoenix: No you're not, I can handle myself.

*Walks over to the room with the terrorists in it, blocked by a large filing cabinet with a terrorist taking cover behind it, who points his gun at him*

Terrorist: You move you die. What do you want.

Phoenix: Drop the guns, let's talk about this.

Terrorist: No. Tell your guard buddies that if they come any closer, people start dying.

Phoenix: Move back gentlemen, don't do anything...

Terrorist 2: Abraham, what are you doing?

Abraham: Nothing sir, he's the negotiator.

Terrorist Leader (2): Fine then. YOU! *Points gun at hostage* YOU MOVE YOU DIE.

Terrorist Hacker: Keep those hostages under control Jack!

Jack (Terrorist Leader): It's fine Marvin...

Abraham! We are NOT negotiating! SHOOT HIM!

Abraham: I... I can't he's not hurting anyone....

Jack: HE'S GONNA IF YOU DON'T SHOOT HIM!! YOU!! KEEP THOSE HAND WHERE I CAN SEE THEM AND DON'T MAKE ANY MOVEMENTS!! SHOOT HIM ABRAHAM!

Abraham: I...

Jack: SHOOT OR WE DIE!

Abraham: ...

Jack: Fine... *Pulls Phoenix into the room* You move you die Abraham guard the door, I have to watch these hostages...

Marvin: Things are getting out of hand here Jack...

Jack: We're fine...

*Anna comes bursting in shooting Abraham and killing a different terrorist. Jack attempts to shoot her but she holds the gun away from her head, Marvin retreats signaling for Jack to do the same, however Jack gets the upper hand in the situation and knocks Anna out. He manages to do the same to Phoenix before he can shoot him with his Laser Fallback Pistol*

*Unknown duration of time later, aboard an unknown ship*

Phoenix: *Regains consciousness however he has a headache* Errgh... Where are we?

Anna: I don't know...

Phoenix: *Nearly passes out however the door opens*

Terrorist: WAKE UP! Look at me... LOOK AT ME!! Huh? *Punches him* HUH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?? HUH?!

You, give me his hand *A different terrorist unlatches Phoenix's right and and holds it out for the leader to see, who promptly bashes it with a hammer*

Phoenix: Erghh.... *Heavy breathing*

Terrorist: Are we in the mood to start talking now?

Phoenix: ...

Terrorist: ARE YOU DEAF?? *Breaks Phoenix's right arm* HUH?? CAN YOU TALK NOW?? *handcuffs him again*

And what about her? *Walks over to Anna* What's your name? Hmm? What's you name?

Anna: ...

Terrorist: Hmm... *Pulls out a gun* Can you talk? CAN YOU TALK?! *Points the gun at Anna's head*

*The Terrorist turns the gun and shoots Phoenix in the chest *

Anna: *Looks shocked but remains silent*

Terrorist: NOW?! CAN YOU TALK NOW? *Shoots Phoenix in the knee* NO? ANSWER ME!! *Shoots Phoenix in the chest again*

Anna: PHOENIX! Look at me you're going to fine! You hear me?

Phoenix: *Heavy breathing as he struggles to regain himself* Ergh... *Looks down at his injuries* Arghh... It hurts... *coughs up a little blood*

Anna: LOOK AT ME!

Terrorist: *Holds Phoenix's face so he can look Anna in the eye* Yeah, look at this... Look what you did...

How could you still stay with her Phoenix? She can't think of the consequences being selfish has...

Anna: *Teary eyed* I'm sorry... Look at me...

Terrorist: Don't be... What's done is done. Get him out of here...

*Two more terrorists come in and grab Phoenix, the one in the room walks out with him, leaving Anna alone. They place Phoenix in a cell and the interrogator walks in with him*

Interrogator: Oh Phoenix... You always were a tough one to crack *Holds Phoenix down under water for thirty seconds then pulls him up* But I think I'll crack you... *Holds him under again. this time for ten seconds* Or kill you...

Phoenix: I'd... I'd rather die...

*Phoenix's head is held under water again, while under the interrogator breaks his foot with a hammer, causing him to lose his breath, he is then pulled up. Coughing*

Interrogator: Why don't you just save me the trouble and you the suffering and tell me what I want to know...

Phoenix: I don't know what you want, and honestly don't care...

*The interrogator stabs Phoenix in the stomach with a knife and cuts his cheek with a scalpel*

Interrogator: Fine... *As he walks out two more terrorists bring Anna in, she struggles to get free however they only let her go once she's in the cell and lock her in. She sits down over Phoenix, who heavily breathes now that he has a chance*

Anna: *Weeping* I'm sorry... I'm sorry...

Phoenix: I'm okay...

*Anna smiles*

Phoenix: *Smiles back at her* Help me up...

Anna: *Carries Phoenix by putting his arm on her shoulder, she moves him to the wall* Why are you wet?

Phoenix: Take a guess...

Anna: You don't mean...

Phoenix: He tried to drown me... I'm fine though... Did they do anything to you...

*Anna Nods no*

Phoenix: Okay then. *He pulls Anna in closer to him, in an attempt to comfort her. They both fall asleep.*

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:58 pm

agigabyte: Shit! Serena, prep Omega squad, and have Sylar prep Theta squad, Phoenix and Anna were kidnapped!

Serena: Already on it, Undetectable and Shadow of an Era are ready for FTL jump.

agigabyte: Do it.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:52 am

Interrogator: *Holding Anna's head up* TALK! C'MON! *Pulls out a gun* HUH?! TALK!! *Shoots Anna in the chest*

Phoenix: IF I GET OUT HERE I'M GONNA KILL YOU!! YOU HEAR ME?!

Interrogator: Shush... Unless you're thinking of talking now...

Phoenix: What do you want?

Interrogator: Mainframe access codes, fleet locations, names, among other things...

Phoenix: *Sigh* Anna, look at me... I'm sorry... YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING OUT OF ME OR HER...

Interrogator: Well... That's a damn shame *Shoots Anna in the chest again* I thought that you had a feeling of empathy... For the here and now at least... Heh, even with that information with you in command, I'd doubt our chances... Maybe you should think before you talk next time. Fewer loved ones die that way...

*He walks over to Anna and kneels down*

Interrogator: Sorry we had to meet like this... Under any other circumstances I'd say be done with him and relax for a while... But here I think I'll say: I wish we met under better circumstances, I would've liked that.

*Phoenix moves his hands in a way so he can break his cuffs with his feet. Phoenix walks over and takes a knife from the interrogator's belt and stabs him in the neck repeatedly*

Phoenix: God... Are you okay?

*A voice in Phoenix's head: Is sacrificing your partner the best choice? Or is it just the easiest?*

Phoenix: *Kneels down to Anna who's hood is up and her head down* Anna... Talk to me... *He holds her head up by putting his hand under her chin. She's crying* I'm sorry... *He hugs her and then cuts her loose. He picks her up so she's on his shoulder*

Anna: I can walk... *Phoenix places her down*

Phoenix: Stay behind me...

*A Terrorist opens the door and Phoenix stabs him in the neck repeatedly, he takes his assault rifle and signals for Anna to move with him. As they enter the hallway gunshots are heard*

Phoenix: That's gunfire... Anna stay low, stay behind me and if I say so, run.

*Omega and Theta Team move into the Hallway, weapons raised in response to Phoenix's weapon being primed to fire. Phoenix signals for Anna to stay behind him*

Phoenix: You friendly?

Omega Team Commander: Yes we are... We've come to get you out...

Phoenix: Thank god...

*The teams get the duo to the dropship, most hostiles encountered are killed by the team, the sole exception being one hostile who is terminated at the hands of Phoenix before the rest of the team can react*

*Aboard the Dropship*

(Out of character: This segment is better if you listen to the first 1:14 on loop of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w trust me)

Phoenix:*Anna's head is down, she is silent and refuses to talk to anyone that speaks with her. Phoenix places his hand on her shoulder* Hey... You okay?

Phoenix: Hmm... You want to hear something?

I once met an old wise man who told me a tale of deprivation, loss and torture... At the end he stated something that echos with me to this very day...

"Life takes... Gods take it is the nature of them both and isn't bound to change...

But even when all have abandoned you and you have nothing left to lose... You must stay strong...

Days may feel like torture. Death's embrace seems like the most love you can get... But you must hang by your last thread of will.

Hope is frail... A strong man sees it as a necessity but also a liability..."

*Anna holds her head up and smiles. Phoenix pulls her closer to him*

Phoenix: I promise I won't let anything like this happen to you... Never again.

Anna: I know you can keep that promise...

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:58 am

Sh83 and agig separate from their teams, and sneak through the vents. Seeing an ambush team behind the group, they dropped down, killing all the ambushers.

agig: Good to see you, we need to get back to the Shadow, they have advanced med systems that can bring someone back after 12 hours, without cloning.

Pheonix: Thanks, how far away?

Sh83: 3 minute walk that way.