sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
CoryStarkiller

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.2 for AE [CEi 1.229 Patches + Module

Postby CoryStarkiller » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:56 pm

What modules can be used together when playing CEi?
Do I need Augmented Weapons for AE, for CE, and for CEi? Or do I just need CEi?
Enhanced Systems base, and for CEi? Or do I just need CEi?
I already know that you need the CE patch and the CEi patch.

Where in the loadout do these all go?

My current loadout is
Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for Advanced Edition
Better Ship Color - graphical
O2 Icons - graphical
Extra Names Mod - graphical
Expanded Enemy Window - graphical
Better Planets and Backgrounds - graphical
Better Asteroids - graphical
CE Resource Pack
FTL Captain's Edition
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch
Patch - The sMPK for Captains Edition
CE Additional Music Addon
CE Infinite Addon
Patch - The sMPK for CE Infinite
EL Texture Pack
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Hm.. trying to put my thinking cap on here to hopefully give a working answer. I'll still be in a troublesome position in terms of updating the mod for a couple of weeks, but hopefully after that, normal service can be resumed. And I've got some ideas I want to experiment with.

As for the AWM, you WILL need to install both it and the CE variant one after the other if you plan to use it with CE. However, I would highly advise against using it alongside the Endless Loot mod, as that is essentially the same thing, but far, far more widespread. You'd be hard-pressed to find any AWM weapons amongst the.. I don't even know how many weapons are in there now.

Enhanced Systems, I think that if you're running CEi, then you just use the CEi patch, as that has been adapted to use the Infinite upgrade cost progression. However I can't recall off the top of my head if the graphic for Artillery Lv5 is in the CEi patch or not.. if it isn't, then install both. In all these cases, the CE patch goes after the base one, and the Infinite patch after that.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Endless Loot is 9000+.

I think I will use your mods anyways, even if they are going to be super rare. I like the idea of having the most options available even if some never show up.

I am also trying to figure this all out, because I have friends that cannot use Endless Loot because Slipstream won't patch it onto their game.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing the new updates you make in the future.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Sup slowie. Good to see you're back.

I'll resume testing this this week, and when you feel you've catched up enough to CE, I can tell bio to resume using sMPK.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Not that long to go now until the possibility of full-time mod maintenance presents itself. While I have managed to put some time into applying some changes and fixes into the mod today, none of them have yet to be uploaded. I might wait until the next build of CE for that.

As for the changes in anticipation: the higher-level Burst Lasers got a Fire chance (and as a result, the AWM has been adapted to the change, including one new weapon variation). More importantly though will be an experimental change in the operation of Light Lasers in CE. Namely, retuning them with the capability of inflicting system damage in addition to crew damage, making them actually worth using in more conventional ship builds. While I've come up with an initial draft of how to go about this without breaking them entirely, some opinions would be helpful. In addition, many errors to various player ships when coupled to CE have been fixed, and an initial draft of the CE Player Ships now-a-module has surfaced.

Again, thank you for your patience.
slowriderxcorps

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.2 for AE [CEi 1.23 Patches + Modules

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm

The update is now up, as promised. Now includes a 'return' of the CE Player Ships add on in the form of a module. Unfortunately, as it turns out, normal service will not be resumed within a week.. in fact, I don't know if normal service will ever surface again.. The situation here has become dire to the point of ridiculousness.

As always, any input and feedback is most gladly appreciated.
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Could I have a mod order list? this is really confusing, and I keep getting the floor offset.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:00 pm

zabing12 wrote:Could I have a mod order list? this is really confusing, and I keep getting the floor offset.

Floor offset? That sounds rather strange, and perhaps hints at the use of either a pre-AE version of FTL or some other mod that I might not be familiar with. I believe there's a Mod Order list a short distance up the thread that I investigated, but if you can spare details of what mods you are rolling with, then that may also prove useful.
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Here are the mods I use, in the order I use them:

Alpha - Base Game 1.03.3
Bulk - The sM Polish Kit 1.032
FTL Captains Edition 1.23 (1)
CE Infinite Addon 1.23 (1)
Patch - The sMPK for CE 1.105
Patch - Augmented Weapons Module for sMPK
Patch - Augmented Weapons Module for sMPKCE
Patch - Augmented Weapons Module for sMPKCEi
Patch - Hard Flagship Module
Patch - Enhanced Systems Module
Patch - Enhanced Systems Module CEi Patch
Patch - Fleet Disable for sMPK-CE
Patch - CE Player Ships 1.105
Patch - CE Additional Music 1.105
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Upon seeing version 1.03.3, I immediately spotted the problem: you haven't acquired the most up-to-date version, that was for before AE. This should link to the Advanced Edition build of the mod.