[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Death_Fairy

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby Death_Fairy » Tue May 20, 2014 7:05 am

Can you still get ship unlocking quests? Because some only appear in certain sectors such as the stealth crusier quest only appears in engie sectors.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:48 am

No, you can not get ship unlocking quests with this mod.

-----

I'm working on an AE-compatible update, which won't try to add new events or enemies (hopefully, no enemies with mind control or hacking should appear), but will allow new AE weapons. There may be a few minor changes, some of which are related to new AE modding capabilities, that I don't think I need to mention. I think all that I have left to do is go through the Infinite Space drones and make new Advanced versions of some AE weapons/drones.

Some of the IS drones conflict with some of the new AE drones (Anti-ship Beam II, Fire Beam), so it will take a little longer for me to get done. I don't know yet if I'll just rename them or remove them.

Edit: List of AE Infinite Space advanced tech; I tried to make them similar to the pre-AE ones, which mostly included reduced power cost when it was greater than 2.
  • Adv. Repair Bomb - Reduced cooldown
  • Adv. Flak Gun - Reduced power cost
  • Adv. Swarm Missiles - Increased damage, fire, and breach chance
  • Adv. Chain Vulcan - Reduced power cost
  • Adv. Chain Ion - Reduced power cost
  • Adv. Laser Charger - Reduced power cost
  • Adv. Ion Charger - Increased stun chance
  • Adv. Stun Bomb - Increased ion damage and stun duration
  • Adv. Anti-Combat Drone - Increased fire frequency
  • Adv. Shield Overcharger - Reduced power cost

All I have left to do is change some drones, then I can do a quick (and not very thorough) test before I upload it. I hope I can get this done by Friday or Saturday.

I didn't know what to do for the Ion Charger, so I gave it stun chance. I feel that kind of change might be on par with the Hull Beam getting breach chance, although it might not be as useful. :|

The Swarm Missiles should shoot Artemis missiles with an 8 sec. cooldown (24 sec. total) instead of Leto missiles with a 7 sec. cooldown (21 sec. total), and will have the fire (3) and breach (2) chance that a Hermes missile would have instead of the lower chances that the Artemis has.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:34 pm

I present Infinite Space 0.5.A3!

I haven't fully tested it, which means I haven't seen any of the Advanced Technology that I added for AE-content users. It passed the Slipstream Validate test, so I assume things are working as I intended.

Download from MediaFire: Infinite Space 0.5.A3

Download from MediaFire: AE Advanced Technology Patch
Place this patch after Infinite Space 0.5.A3 in the load order.

This requires Slipstream Mod Manager. The old Grognak's Mod Manager should not work.

Stuff:
  • Fixed cloak images for mini-bosses
  • Removed AE ship list overrides (shouldn't see any ships with AE systems)
  • Restored pirate ships to pre-AE condition (Pirate paint, old layout)
  • Updated weapons and drones
  • Minor edits to some events
  • Integrated Universal Starting Beacon by kartoFlane

I forgot something (some text display), but that is suited more for an updated SMM, so I won't bother with it.

I don't know what English Narwhal had or lost, or if this is even a useful replacement for re-starting Infinite Space 2.

edit: I forgot to disable the Distraction Buoys. As I recall from watching the CE thread, these things will interfere with the mod's own fleet delay at the start of every sector, so try to avoid them and sell them if you come across them, otherwise you will have the rebel fleet chasing you.

edit2: I've been trying to get a new weapon that I added to drop from the list of Infinite Space's Advanced Weapons, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe the AE overrides only work for certain situations, and giving an item in an event isn't one of those situations. I made a change in this 0.5.A3 for how the advanced technology is rewarded, but it seems that if a future patch is made, it will need to be reverted so that the new items can appear. :( I'm sorry I didn't test this more extensively before I released the update.

edit3: About 2 months after the release of 0.5.A3, I've put together a patch to address the lack of Advanced versions of the new AE equipment, as listed in the post above this one.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the1freeman

Postby the1freeman » Wed May 28, 2014 3:08 pm

you should get in contact with English Narwhal so you two can put the finishing touches on this kickass mod
Hippo_

Postby Hippo_ » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:18 pm

I have the good old games version of FTL really want to checkout this mod is it possible that there is a way to get this, if not will it be in the future?
Mr. Goodkat

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Just started playing this mod; I love the concept, but you may want to put a check on how quickly the difficulty ramps up. Running into an enemy with level 4 shields, a Charge Laser L, a Hermes and a Ion Stunner in the second sector? Not cool.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:29 am

Mr. Goodkat wrote:Just started playing this mod; I love the concept, but you may want to put a check on how quickly the difficulty ramps up. Running into an enemy with level 4 shields, a Charge Laser L, a Hermes and a Ion Stunner in the second sector? Not cool.

That's how Infinite Space has always played. You have to run from difficult/impossible fights until you build yourself up on the easier fights.

If you don't like that kind of difficulty, then you could try FTL: Extended. It doesn't have the extra content of Infinite Space, but you can use the Disable Fleet add-on so you can explore more. If you want more content, then you should try Captain's Edition. It also has an Infinite mode, which pretty much inspired my Extended mod.
Mr. Goodkat

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:32 pm

RAD-82 wrote:That's how Infinite Space has always played. You have to run from difficult/impossible fights until you build yourself up on the easier fights.

Ah, I see. So the extra scrap at the beginning is to dump into engines and shields so you can gtfo quickly if needed. :lol:
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:12 pm

It's been about two months since I made the 0.5.A3 version of Infinite Space. In that version, I added some advanced versions of the new AE content, although due to my lack of hard-coding knowledge at that time, those new weapons and drones were never available. I finally put together a small patch, to be loaded after Infinite Space, which should make these new items available. The patch is found in the original download post. I haven't tested it, so I don't know if I made any mistakes. Please report any problems (or success) with this patch so I know if I need to fix it.
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 pm

what is the difference between infinite addon and infinite space? which is better?