Master Mod List

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
That Guy

Re: Master Mod List

Postby That Guy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:32 am

I would just like to bring up a point with the mods: THEY DO NOT WORK FOR AE (at least for Steam players). IF YOU USE THESE MODS AS OF NOW YOU WILL NEED TO UNINSTALL THEN RE-INSTALL FTL.

Thank you for listening.
sanmonku

Postby sanmonku » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:56 am

my mod works...

make sure you have a clean and up to date FTL installation, go to slipstream backup folder, delete everything in it, and activate the mod...

complex mods like CE wont work but simple stuff should work
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Some mods will not work correctly even if it is still possible to patch them in without problems. Custom ships won't be able to have the new systems for example, because they do not have rooms for them assigned.
Horizon

Postby Horizon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Do add mine please. :)
Horizon Initiative Overseer and Director
Horizons Fleet Mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23673
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HorizonsReach
dietime12

Postby dietime12 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:29 pm

hey guys (because i don't want to look at EVERY MOD EVER) i decided to ask if there is a mod that lets you repair anyway as i am having major trouble with the final boss as im always low on health and its really annoying as i really want to beat the game if you know of a mod please message me thanks ;)
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 am

I think we need a new mod list, this one isn't being updated. It's both lacking a lot of mods, and including some that have been discontinued/disappeared.

We also need one that marks which mods work for and/or have been updated for AE and which haven't.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:14 am

This thread isn't updating because the OP is filled to capacity. There's literally no way to add more stuff in without deleting something.

A new Master mod list will be launched with several posts reserved for future additions. Until that time, browse the first few pages of the Working Mods/Mod Development forums for the latest modding related topics.

I'd give you an ETA, but i'd probably lie. ;)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 pm

So, this Master Mod List will be the pre AE one and the next one will be post AE?
That would be a good way or orginisation.

Oh and to prevent an overuse of the first post editing to max characters, you should make a 2nd post reserved for that, essentially doubling it.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed May 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Wouldn't it be better to post the mod list on some publicly modifiable page, like a wiki or google doc? That way it'd be possible for the community to keep it up to date, and tidy it up from time to time, without having to rely on a single person, who might be unreachable for extended periods of time. There'd likely be a drop in quality of the list, though, plus susceptibility to trolling...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri May 16, 2014 9:02 am

well the part where everyone can change it worried me, someone can easily delete the whole thing...

And I am a fan of making things tidy.

for eg for the ships list, I wish it had like what kind of ship the mod is.

Fanon, Canon, Custom.
Or if it is canon what it is, eg federation, zoltan, etc.

Just a lot more organisation for some reason I would like to see.

Is it possible to give the editable thing to guys who are trusted by the community?

ie you, moderators, etc.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.