Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-No more Crystal Homeworlds
*Code-wise, it is still there, but unreachable through "vanilla" means
-Crystals and their weapons have a rarity of 5
*Depending on sector, the rarity will decrease to 4
-20 new Crystal weapons, quite possibly unbalanced
*Green = pierce/breach, Red = fire, Purple = ion, Yellow = stun

metadata wrote:A great cataclysm has destroyed the Crystal Homeworlds and left it uninhabitable! Crystal vibrations have changed as their isolation has ended and they spread throughout the universe with no place to call home.

Gameplay: The connection to the Crystal Homeworlds from the Rock Homeworlds will not work. Crystal crew and crystal weapons are available everywhere, even for the enemy ships to use. New variety of crystal weapons, such as ionic purple, fiery red, stunning yellow, and breaching green.

This mod is a spin-off from my ship mod, Resonance. Except for the new fire, pierce, and stun weapons, it is almost the same thing that was included in the pre-AE version of Resonance. This involves breaking the connection to the Crystal Homeworlds and altering the rarity of the Crystal weapons. A few Crystal events (4) that didn't have Crystal sector-specific text have been added to other event lists. Rebel ships did not receive any of the new weapons. Use of this mod with AE content disabled is not recommended. I added the new weapons to the DLC list, so they might not appear if AE content is off.

Compatibility: This mod should be compatible (not necessarily 100%) with other mods if it is loaded last. It doesn't overwrite anything vital, other than the Crystal Homeworld gate. Other ship mods can be loaded before or after this, but Resonance must be loaded before this (due to ion crystal weapons) if you are playing with that ship.

Weapons:
  • Green crystals have extra shield piercing and increased hull breach chance.
  • Red crystals have increased fire chance.
  • Purple crystals have ion damage; the smaller shards from the burst weapons do not pierce shields.
  • Yellow crystals stun crew.

Credits:
FTL, SMM, PSP7, Notepad
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD] Crystal Cataclysm vAE.1

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Just downloaded this blind because it said "Crystal". I thought it was a ship mod... :D

A great cataclysm has destroyed the Crystal Homeworlds and left it uninhabitable! Crystal vibrations have changed as their isolation has ended and they spread throughout the universe with no place to call home.

Gameplay: The connection to the Crystal Homeworlds from the Rock Homeworlds will not work. Crystal crew and crystal weapons are available everywhere, even for the enemy ships to use. New variety of crystal weapons, such as ionic purple, fiery red, stunning yellow, and breaching green.

I appear to be wrong. It seems like you are really expanding the Crystal!!! I see new weapons, new events, different crystal colors!!!! (Emerald, Yellow Diamond, Amethyst) Finish the OP as soon as you get a chance! I want to see what this is really all about.

You should design a new sector for the Crystals. It could be like a "Crystal Refugee" sector.

I sort of like the idea of integrating the Crystal into the game more. The Lanius sector isn't even "unique" it can appear on sector 2 and more than once. I feel like the Crystal and Lanius could just get their own sectors that only appear once per game, and then have some other events with them scattered around.

You could actually keep the Crystal "Homeworld" sector in as the "destoyed/overrun" Crystal Homeworlds, but using this mod in connection with Infinite Space or Infinite CE fixes the problem of not being able to visit the Crystal sector.

EDIT: The Crystal Lockdown blast is soo.... Colorful. :lol:

You should implement some alternate Crystal crew colors of your own and some of the ones from CE and Crew Diversity when it's out.
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Crystal Cataclysm vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:18 am

Russian Rockman wrote:new events.... Finish the OP as soon as you get a chance! I want to see what this is really all about.

Not quite new events. I just re-assigned some of the Crystal Sector events. I've updated the OP, but I don't think it really tells you much more.
Russian Rockman wrote:You should design a new sector for the Crystals.

No plans for that.
Russian Rockman wrote:You should implement some alternate Crystal crew colors of your own

When I saw a green Crystal crew on my Resonance ship, I had a hard time telling it apart from the Zoltans. I decided not to add any crew colors after that. I also didn't want to take the time to test different color values.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.