Mid Battle Save Bug

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Kasmir

Mid Battle Save Bug

Postby Kasmir » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:41 pm

I was in a battle, guaranteed to win as the enemy had no weapons to penetrate my shield. I had to save the game to do something else (BTW thank you so much for the update that allows saving mid-battle). When I loaded up the game again to continue the battle it was now in a pulsar that was not there before. Something didn't save right about the battle conditions. Side note, with the pulsar knocking out my shields I got my *** raped because of this.
UltraMantis

Re: Mid Battle Save Bug

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 am

Sometimes the beacon you're in is regenerated into something else, such as a nebula or in your case an ion pulsar. There are slight imperfections with the "save anywhere" feature, and sometimes you just get unlucky.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 pm

If you have future problems, save and quit again and send me (techsupport@ftlgame.com) the save file so I can investigate the problem.

Just to make sure: you did not migrate the save file over to another computer before continuing, correct?

Sorry about the problem :(
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Kasmir

Postby Kasmir » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 pm

No, I didn't move the save file. I run the game through steam, but steam doesn't touch the current save file, it's left local on each computer. If I see it again I'll try to remember to send the save file in.