R4V3-0N

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 am

Eeyup!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
chuisfree

Postby chuisfree » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 am

No one seemed to have any advice and I don't want my post to get lost in the wall of posts. I'm very keen to try CE with the Endless loot. Are there any other suggestions? Like I've said, I've sorted the java 64b problem and SMM actually does patch everything. I'm able to see the new loading screen but still crash before the menu. I've deleted and reinstalled EVERYTHING (mods, SMM, FTL). Any suggestions on something I haven't tried?
Hello again --

So, I followed the advice in here. I completely uninstalled FTL and deleted SMM and all the folders associated.

I've redownloaded all of the mods and SMM. I've reinstalled FTL. I'm following the correct Load Order.

SMM is able to patch the game and I see the new loading screen, but it crashes before I get to the main menu. If I remove "Endless Loot", everything is fine. Are there any suggestions on how to get this to work? I don't know what's wrong... :cry:
Lunaraia

Postby Lunaraia » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:35 am

chuisfree wrote:No one seemed to have any advice and I don't want my post to get lost in the wall of posts. I'm very keen to try CE with the Endless loot. Are there any other suggestions? Like I've said, I've sorted the java 64b problem and SMM actually does patch everything. I'm able to see the new loading screen but still crash before the menu. I've deleted and reinstalled EVERYTHING (mods, SMM, FTL). Any suggestions on something I haven't tried?
Hello again --

So, I followed the advice in here. I completely uninstalled FTL and deleted SMM and all the folders associated.

I've redownloaded all of the mods and SMM. I've reinstalled FTL. I'm following the correct Load Order.

SMM is able to patch the game and I see the new loading screen, but it crashes before I get to the main menu. If I remove "Endless Loot", everything is fine. Are there any suggestions on how to get this to work? I don't know what's wrong... :cry:

are Endless Loot above or bellow your Endless Mode Mod?
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 am

chuisfree wrote:No one seemed to have any advice and I don't want my post to get lost in the wall of posts. I'm very keen to try CE with the Endless loot. Are there any other suggestions? Like I've said, I've sorted the java 64b problem and SMM actually does patch everything. I'm able to see the new loading screen but still crash before the menu. I've deleted and reinstalled EVERYTHING (mods, SMM, FTL). Any suggestions on something I haven't tried?

Hey CF. Can you post the mod order screen in SMM prior to activation of the patching, the log/printscreen of the SMM during the patching process and a print screen of the actual FTL crash ? Might be able to catch the problem if we get some visibility of your process ;)
chuisfree

Postby chuisfree » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:29 am

rannl wrote:

Hey CF. Can you post the mod order screen in SMM prior to activation of the patching, the log/printscreen of the SMM during the patching process and a print screen of the actual FTL crash ? Might be able to catch the problem if we get some visibility of your process ;)

Hey, thanks for the help. Here are the image links:

http://pbrd.co/1qNXwkK error message

http://pbrd.co/1qNY9ef load order

http://pbrd.co/1qNYgq1 SMM part 1

http://pbrd.co/1qNYlKf SMM part 2

I wasn't sure what you meant exactly about the log/printscreen of SMM during the patching, so I just printscreened the black box of SMM. I hope that was what you asked for.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 am

Okay CF.
First of all, you might want to reinstall FTL and delete the backup files in SMM, since I'm pretty sure the SMM .dat files have been corrupted.
Next, try to install only the following mods, in the given order :

Ftl captains edition 1.205b
CE infinite addon 1.205
CE endless loot 0.95
CE Non-EL enemies addon
CE additional music addon

If you still get the same error, try it without the Non-EL enemies addon.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 am

chuisfree wrote:
rannl wrote:

Hey, thanks for the help. Here are the image links:
http://pbrd.co/1qNXwkK error message
http://pbrd.co/1qNY9ef load order
http://pbrd.co/1qNYgq1 SMM part 1
http://pbrd.co/1qNYlKf SMM part 2
I wasn't sure what you meant exactly about the log/printscreen of SMM during the patching, so I just printscreened the black box of SMM. I hope that was what you asked for.

I am by no means a pro or anything but I have Expanded Enemy Window at the top of everything, and I never used either of the scrap advantage mods that are included with SMM.

Try putting EEW1.1 at the top and removing the 2 scrap advantage mods.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:53 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Probably the biggest issue I've noticed, watching let's plays, is that a lot of people seem confused about how things work though. And I noticed NOBODY ever reads those new tips you've added. :(

:D Yeah, no one gives single piece of scrap about these, although they pretty much explain all the basics of CE. Joyfull does not even read the texts of new events sometimes, which then promptly got him in trouble more often then not. :roll: But hey, streaming is indeed really distracting and he did not do so bad after all. Was good fun seeing him having fun. :D

Russian Rockman wrote:Do light lasers still pierce Zoltan shields? And I noticed that the flashbang drone pierces Zoltan shields too. Any idea why that is? I thought about it and couldn't really figure out why that would be. To make light lasers untargetable maybe you can use the new drone_targetable tag?

:!: EDIT: So it looks like the new plasma weapons also go through Zoltan shields. Now that is more than just light lasers (it is light lasers, plasma, and flash bangs, and who knows what else). I'm really starting to not be ok with this. It sort of ruins the whole aspect of the Zoltan shield making you temporarily invincible and it imbalances the shield drone.

Wait, do you want to say that... You don't even know how the Light Artillery Laser got through your Zoltan shield?!?
:? :)
Seriously, I'm not sure either. It looks a lot like anything that does not deal hull damage or ion damage or is a beam can go through Zoltan shields now. I actually doubt there is a workaround for this, but the shields have been pretty powerful before so this might not be all that problematic. The Zoltan player ships get a lot of unique advantages so an increased vulnerability does not weight so heavy I'd say. It also makes all the weapons mentioned a little more reliable, which I also like. Shield drone is still cool as a defense against missiles and damage. Zoltan ship just get more vulnerable agains anti crew strategies, which is not all that bad IMO. The vulnerability of Zoltan did not come in play so much before as long as you keep your supershield up, so that has changed a little. I'd be fine with both ways, but again, I doubt that this can be changed anyway.

Russian Rockman wrote:At the very least it might be worth reporting this in the bugs page.

I doubt this would count as a bug as it does not interfere with vanilla gamplay. :| I'd assume this would fall into the range of mod support, which is not officially given as we all know.

Russian Rockman wrote:Perhaps you should have the crew convo page say:
"Look around for someone else" or something similar. Instead of just "Look around some more ", that seems to confuse so e new players of CE.

I also considered that. But the text of the conversation pages says "You take a walk around the ship to see who you can find." The "Look arround some more" option is pretty obvious and not at all ambiguous IMO. Joyfull just did never bother read that first sentence I think (aka constant streaming distraction.) If I put a "Look for other crewmen" there, this does make less sense if you don't have any.

Russian Rockman wrote:One last suggestion, there are a few events with an Engi trade ship that asks you if you would like to sell some of your trade goods. Perhaps the option to sell trade goods should be made a blue option requiring you to actually have trade goods? Again, this is mostly a suggestion to help out new people since if I find a lot of them a bit confused with CE at first.

Yeah, makes sense.

Force2reckon wrote:I personally enjoy the decision between progressing for more scrap and faster upgrades versus just grinding it out.
My little brother, though, recently started playing and he loves the game and endlessly exploring different sectors, but he get's frustrated with the high prices, he'd rather max out his ship and play around with random weapons from stores while ripping through tier 1 enemies.

If there isn't anything like that, could a small patch be made for this, or someone point me to a tool I can use to do it myself, though I'd prefer not to mess with someone elses code, I can do it if Sleeper doesn't want to/can't do it cause he's busy.

I'd say this defies the purpose of infinite gamplay and will become boring and bland rather quickly. The original Infinite Space mod was criticized for not giving any challenge and things to spend scrap on in late game now and then. But hey if you all keep nagging I guess I have to make that patch then. :roll: Although, if you read the description of CE Endless Loof for Standard CE again you will realize that what you want is already possible anyway.

rannl wrote:Vulcan uber cooldown issues: Sleepy, you can let the Vulcan be effected by the lowered cooldown prefix. I'm guessing that either setting a min value for the cooldown tag in the prefix, and maybe adjusting the chained cooldown reduction effect can work here.

Cooldown min value is not really and option cause the base cooldown is pretty standard and that would exclude other weapons. Changing the reduction might work, but I'm not sure.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am

Ok I understand your argument about the Zoltan shield, but then at least you should change the description of the Zoltan. It is not really nearly impenetrable anymore. ;)

IF, I, did find a workaround would you consider integrating that though? What about weapons that deal system damage? Would those be blocked by the shield I wonder?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Ok I understand your argument about the Zoltan shield, but then at least you should change the description of the Zoltan. It is not really nearly impenetrable anymore. ;)

Yep makes sense. Nor sure about how system damage behaves with that. Anyone got shot by Light Anti-Crew Missile drones while commanding a Zoltan ship yet?