[Request] Mod that removes mind control

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Yemto

[Request] Mod that removes mind control

Postby Yemto » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:00 am

Mind control is something I really don't like in stories or games. I feel it's cheap, overpowered, and something that isn't possible. So I would want a mod that remove it so it wouldn't be possible to get for both players, and enemy ships. But I have no idea how to mod FTL
5thHorseman

Re: [Request] Mod that removes mind control

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:12 am

Yemto wrote:Mind control is something I really don't like in stories or games. I feel it's cheap, overpowered, and something that isn't possible. So I would want a mod that remove it so it wouldn't be possible to get for both players, and enemy ships. But I have no idea how to mod FTL

That would be a pretty big pain, as a lot of ships have it. I don't see how you'd do it without editing every ship that has it to remove it, and then editing the thing itself to not show up in stores or on enemy ships.

And I like the mechanic too much to go through all that work :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Yemto

Postby Yemto » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:14 am

I have began researching how to remove it myself, so far I manage to remove them from "blueprints.xml" and that seams the have caused it so all mind control systems are broken, which is a step in the right direction.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:52 am

It's not a step in the right direction. Your ship will be built around not having MC and not wasting scrap on it, the enemies you face will have a useless system on board that takes valuable space and does nothing.

If you want to eliminateMC fairly, then you have to edit all enemy blueprints to not ever include MC. Then when enemies are auto generated, they are filled with usefull things. AutoBlueprints.xml should have all enemy builds, and eliminating MC from auto builds would be a step in the right direction.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:53 pm

There are some more enemy blueprints in dlcPirateBlueprints.xml and maybe also in dlBlueprints now. ;)
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:29 pm

You'd also have to set the rarity of the Mind Control system to zero, so it never appears in stores.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 am

Why don't you just come up with your own way to justify it like I did with the Clone Bay? This is Sci-fi we're talking about!!! Anything is possible. Perhaps the Slugs invented it.
Yemto

Postby Yemto » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:19 am

Thanks, you all. I have never made a mod before, and was mostly just guessing ^^
Yemto

Postby Yemto » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:22 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Why don't you just come up with your own way to justify it like I did with the Clone Bay? This is Sci-fi we're talking about!!! Anything is possible. Perhaps the Slugs invented it.

That doesn't matter to me, I hate the very idea of mind control it self. The only thing I like is telepathic suggestions, but that is sadly not featured in many stories or games.