FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.201/Inf 1.201/EL 0.9 (beta)

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:42 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Hm, it does work for me. Anyone else got this problem? I got this specific error before, because Slipstream right now is the bottleneck for this mod. It can not patch unlimited amounts of blueprints into the game. But we tuned the amount of gear down because of that and especially with an 64 bit system it should work. Someone got it to work so far?

CE-EL in its curent form likely won't ever work on 32-bit systems, unless SMM has a command, or extension, that instructs it to ignore the file during parsing. However, though I'm not entirely sure, I think it might be possible to make it work on 32-bits by not using .append format.

For now, to people with 64-bit system wishing to play CE-EL: you need to also install 64-bit version of Java in order for SMM to be able to install the mod.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 am

I'm noticing that whenever I save and quit at a shop, I'm getting the trade goods message upon continuing the game. This occurs every time, regardless of whether or not I actually sold anything or even had any trade goods in my hold when I saved and quit. The extra scrap is nice (the last time it happened I got 80) but I'm pretty sure it's unintended. :P
Mrgrimm150

Postby Mrgrimm150 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks to Kartoflame! It has now successfully installed I guess my java wasn't 64-bit well not anymore :D
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:27 am

Shokkou wrote:I'm noticing that whenever I save and quit at a shop, I'm getting the trade goods message upon continuing the game. This occurs every time, regardless of whether or not I actually sold anything or even had any trade goods in my hold when I saved and quit. The extra scrap is nice (the last time it happened I got 80) but I'm pretty sure it's unintended. :P

Then maybe you should not abuse it. :P This problem existed at some other events, but I think at the store there is now way around it. :(
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Then maybe you should not abuse it. :P This problem existed at some other events, but I think at the store there is now way around it. :(

Hey, its not like your controlling it. Shops tend to be a good place to save and quit, so coming to one and getting free scrap isn't really abusing it
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:07 pm

kartoFlane wrote:CE-EL in its curent form likely won't ever work on 32-bit systems, unless SMM has a command, or extension, that instructs it to ignore the file during parsing. However, though I'm not entirely sure, I think it might be possible to make it work on 32-bits by not using .append format.

Ough, that's a bummer, I'm on 32-bits machine here. Sleeper, maybe it's good idea to ask SMM dev to include such command/extension? It would be a little sad to run around with my copy of Slipstream to someone owning a 64 bit machine, apply mod and copy patched files back to my computer - everytime new version of CE:EL is released ;)

allanpike wrote:Hey, its not like your controlling it. Shops tend to be a good place to save and quit, so coming to one and getting free scrap isn't really abusing it

Haven't considered playing actual mod before commenting? ;) The trade dialogue doesn't force anyone to use it, it can be just closed down. Untill by "aren't controlling it", you mean that you can't keep from clicking the button upon seeing "money for nothing", which I can perfectly imagine, considering your posting history. But, the same apply for not selling the goods at store after using trade prompt, so it's left for user discretion. Cheating in FTL isn't illegal. Yet ;)

/Estel
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm

... I've played the mod thank you, and I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Its obviously YOU don't.

The bug that's being discussed, doesn't open up the trade menu, but instead takes you directly to a successful transaction where you sold your goods. Even if you have no goods to sell. Its fully possible to trigger it completely by accident.
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Yeah, it's not me abusing anything. I'm letting you know there's something that isn't working right. Let me go through a step-by-step explanation of what happens:

1) Arrive at store with no goods on ship
2) Select "continue" or however the option for not trading is worded
3) Pay for repairs, fuel, drone parts
4) Save and quit
5) Reload save
6) Dialog box automatically pops up telling me the trade was completed successfully, thus giving me scrap for nothing

It happens every time I save and quit at a store upon reloading the save. I'm not selling goods and then deciding not to sell them when I get to the store, I'm straight up handed free scrap for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place because I had no trade goods on my ship.
Last edited by Shokkou on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hominghead

Postby Hominghead » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Alot of Weapon's descriptions go out of the borders of the UI. (Ogre Missile Battery, Leviathan Missile Battery, Titan Missile Battery, etc.)

Ogre Missile Battery says it is Type:Laser

Some Sectors have an 'r' missing at the end (like: Unnamed Secto, Industrial Secto)

Alot of strings miss a spacing "your ship took 3hull damage", "Fleet delayed by5 jumps", "Upgradedthe Oxygen Systemby1".

Gila Monster's Type A loadout is BS. How exactly are you supposed to destroy Auto-Scouts with that at the first 2 Jumps of the new game? Yeah right.

Alot of Enemy Loadouts especially in first 2 sectors are just generally BS. You encounter a Pirate Station with Crew Teleporter, Med Bay, Ion Stun AND a 3 Damage Missile Battery. Nothing you can do to prevent either of those, especially with Gila Monster, because Gila Monster's loadout is literally garbage. While you are busy with defending against a mass of people boarding your ship, that Missile Battery rains 3 whole Hull Damage on you frequently.

Mind-Controlled enemies on your ship that get hit by a Ion Stun right before the Mind Control runs out, stay Mind Controlled for eternity, forcing you to destroy the ship (when you were actually after killing all the crew).
(Pretty sure that's an actual vanilla-game bug, not related to the mod.)

Missile Drones while a nice idea, are incredibly stupid. There is a reason why they were never implemented into the vanilla game. Stunning and causing Fire/Hull Breaches just adds to the BS level.

The random "HEY CAPTAIN I WAS A SPY FOR REBELS ALL ALONG BAI" event is on many levels incredibly retarded. Arbitrarily losing a crew member for no reason to some event that you can't even prevent. Considering you are already losing crew left and right to retarded combinations of Drones and Weapon Loadouts.

So many other trading events are pretty pointless to do since they all double the fleet jump, might aswell not do anything.

Enemies retain 5-shot Burst Laser Mark III, while you get only crappy 4-shot. Similar with the Flak Gun Mk 1, you get 2 pellets while the enemies get 3.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Hm, I only had it show me the trade event again, sometimes with blue options that I did not have the requirements for. I assumed that was the case here as well. I still don't fully understand how this glitch works but it does look like there is no way around that at the shop.

Hominghead wrote:Ogre Missile Battery says it is Type:Laser

Sorry, no way around that...

Hominghead wrote:Some Sectors have an 'r' missing at the end (like: Unnamed Secto, Industrial Secto)

I could shorten the names but that would remove a lot of probabilities. I think I can live with that cause the names will be displayed correctly once you arrive in the sector.

Hominghead wrote:Alot of strings miss a spacing "your ship took 3hull damage", "Fleet delayed by5 jumps", "Upgradedthe Oxygen Systemby1".

That is a vanilla problem. Has nothing to do with the mod.

Hominghead wrote:Gila Monster's Type A loadout is BS. How exactly are you supposed to destroy Auto-Scouts with that at the first 2 Jumps of the new game? Yeah right.

These ships loadouts already have been discussed a lot. I'm happy with how they play, the inability to deal with auto ships effectively does not offset the amount of additional scrap you can get over all. You can always try to retreat and early engines are super cheap. If you invest in teleporters you can also start having your crew cripple some of the ships systems if that is your thing, which you can also do with the big bomb. Then finish them off with the scatter laser.

Hominghead wrote:Alot of Enemy Loadouts especially in first 2 sectors are just generally BS. You encounter a Pirate Station with Crew Teleporter, Med Bay, Ion Stun AND a 3 Damage Missile Battery. Nothing you can do to prevent either of those, especially with Gila Monster, because Gila Monster's loadout is literally garbage. While you are busy with defending against a mass of people boarding your ship, that Missile Battery rains 3 whole Hull Damage on you frequently.

Again, tactical retreat can prevent much trouble here. Easier with upgraded engines. And you have a big bomb for that medbay. If you don't like the loadout, you can easily revert it with the Player Ship Vanilla Addon by the way.

Hominghead wrote:Mind-Controlled enemies on your ship that get hit by a Ion Stun right before the Mind Control runs out, stay Mind Controlled for eternity, forcing you to destroy the ship (when you were actually after killing all the crew).
(Pretty sure that's an actual vanilla-game bug, not related to the mod.)

Yep.

Hominghead wrote:Missile Drones while a nice idea, are incredibly stupid. There is a reason why they were never implemented into the vanilla game. Stunning and causing Fire/Hull Breaches just adds to the BS level.

I see them as a little more threatening than actual missiles, the low tiers hit you with about the same frequency and damage as low tier missile launchers do. They are simply a thing that has to be taken seriously and can help you tremendously in long fights. I'm open for any feedback and such, but I have to assume you want to imply here that I'm stupid for modding in such stupid gear. I don't find this very polite and would prefer not to get insulted here. :(

Hominghead wrote:The random "HEY CAPTAIN I WAS A SPY FOR REBELS ALL ALONG BAI" event is on many levels incredibly retarded. Arbitrarily losing a crew member for no reason to some event that you can't even prevent. Considering you are already losing crew left and right to retarded combinations of Drones and Weapon Loadouts.

I still like it though. You get a lot of free crew, so the possibility to loose one now and then adds a nice flavor in my opinion. Also this can not happen in every sector. I'd say most people won't see your points as fair criticism if they are so rude by the way. I would't call the stuff you do in your free time retarded, even If I might think it is. :|

Hominghead wrote:So many other trading events are pretty pointless to do since they all double the fleet jump, might aswell not do anything.

That is the first reaction that many people have to trading. The actual potential of trading is just not very obvious at first, but most player get around it eventually.

Hominghead wrote:Enemies retain 5-shot Burst Laser Mark III, while you get only crappy 4-shot.

That are two different weapons, there is a Burst mark IV now, which is visually different. Both of these weapons are available to the players and some enemies.

Hominghead wrote:Similar with the Flak Gun Mk 1, you get 2 pellets while the enemies get 3.

That as well, are different weapons. Flak got three tiers now.