Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1 - Replaces Crystal-A
Optional DLC - Crystal Cataclysm

Code: Select all

Initial Release of 1.0:
-New Ionic Crystal Weapons; burst versions do not pierce shields
-Harmony Bomb heals crew for 45 health
-Rarity on Crystal-related stuff set to 5
-Some other things, possibly related to events and enemy ships?

Update for AE.1:
-Updated for AE compatibility
-Added system repair to Harmony Bomb, now heals for 60 health; this thing is useless on Zoltan shields
-Adds a purple-ish Crystal crew variant; not quite the same as before AE, but now you don't have to have purple Crystal crew
-Removed extra content; it is now just a ship mod with custom weapons
-The extra content that was removed will become part of a new mod, Crystal Cataclysm; while most ship mods are loaded last, Resonance will have to be loaded before Crystal Cataclysm, due to the rarity of the new crystal weapons

Gameplay:
Crystals are considered OP for boarding ships, so to counter that, the teleporter on this ship suffered some kind of damage, leaving it only capable of teleporting one person. The urgency of the matters at hand make it impossible to repair.

Video:
Biohazard063 - Resonance AE.1 and Crystal Cataclysm AE.1 - Part 1 - Part 2

Credits:
FTL, Slipstream, Notepad, PSP7
People talking in the Captain's Edition topic about purple crystals
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
5thHorseman

Re: [Ship] Resonance

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 pm

If you pull 2 (or 4, or 8) people back, do any of them end up in that airless room?

Or is that a spoiler?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 pm

5thHorseman wrote:If you pull 2 (or 4, or 8) people back, do any of them end up in that airless room?

Or is that a spoiler?

You can only pull up to 4 people back, and that airless room isn't an actual room, just part of the floor graphic. I put it there so that the no O2 graphic had somewhere to go when the teleporter had no air.

edit: Perhaps you weren't referring to the number pulled back at one time. Extra people end up in the weapon room. If that fills up, I don't know where they end up. My guess would be room ID 0, which is the sensor room at the top.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm pretty sure the game only puts people into rooms that are accessible, although I'm not sure.

I'm also pretty sure that this room actually has oxigen and you are fooling us with fancy room textures. :P

I like the overall concept of this whole ship. Even though its just a recolor it holds up very well from the design perspective. The layout matches the other crystal ships style very well and the limitations it is put under should make for interesting game play. I'll probably give it a spin at some point. :)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:06 am

Yeah you can only pull back 4 at a time, but if you leave them where they are and pull back 4 more, they have to go somewhere. That's what I meant and said very poorly :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:52 am

5thHorseman wrote:Yeah you can only pull back 4 at a time, but if you leave them where they are and pull back 4 more, they have to go somewhere. That's what I meant and said very poorly :)

Erm, technically, more than 4 can be brought back at once, but only under a very specific condition: If you teleport 5 or more crew onto the enemy ship and kill off their crew- but you have no fuel- your crew evidently take a shuttle back to your ship- in essence, they are teleported back. There is no practical use for that tidbit of information.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 am

Actually, you can pull infinite amount of people at the same time - by placing 4 of them stationary, and any_amount running back and forth through same room, then teleporting them all back.

Not that this information is related to the ship more than the post above :D
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:40 am

Purple is pretty... :mrgreen:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:12 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been wanting to make a Purple Crystal ship with ion weapons for a while, but never got around to it. I'm glad you did it before me, mine would not have bee as good.

I was going to name mine Amethyst, but I like the name Resonance. It really fits with the play style of this ship.

You got me excited for a sec thinking you found a way to add images to system less rooms, but then I figured out it was just the floor image, oh well.

If I may ask. How did you go about recoloring the ship? I took a stab at making yellow, green, and purple crystal ships in Gimp just using colorize. (I'm a pixel art noob). I came out with stuff I thought was OK, but nothing I was happy with. I would really like it if you made an Emerald ship too. And maybe a diamond ship that was really light blue, white, or yellow (yeah there's yellow diamonds).
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:53 pm

English Narwhal wrote:Erm, technically, more than 4 can be brought back at once, but only under a very specific condition: If you teleport 5 or more crew onto the enemy ship and kill off their crew- but you have no fuel- your crew evidently take a shuttle back to your ship- in essence, they are teleported back. There is no practical use for that tidbit of information.

Actually, those guys end up in the pilot room as if you'd just hired or rescued them. And I think you mean "but your teleporter is broken."
My Videos - MY MOD HUB