FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.105 / CE Infinite 1.005

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Nice one! I guess this problem is Linux related then? Lets see what vhati says (posted the crash report in the slipstream thread). I hope to have a look at it ingame myself before releasing it. :D
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Nice one! I guess this problem is Linux related then? Lets see what vhati says (posted the crash report in the slipstream thread). I hope to have a look at it ingame myself before releasing it. :D

Saw the smm post and crash. Might be a Java issue in Linux, since the heap crash for the ~50mb appended files is not probable in the age of 2-8gb memories. Especially since the windows version was good. I can send you post smm files if you wish.
The mod file needs proofing - both for stats and to reduce weird mod combinations
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Hey, did anyone else know that jumping away from a ship that's going to reveal your position before it jumps away does not increase the Rebels pursuit? Even in vanilla. I suppose a fix to this would be to increase the Rebel pursuit when you get the text that the ship is going to reveal your position and then reverse the effect if you manage to destroy it rather than increase the Rebel pursuit after it jumps away. This isn't really an issue though because I never even noticed it until today.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Hey, did anyone else know that jumping away from a ship that's going to reveal your position before it jumps away does not increase the Rebels pursuit? Even in vanilla. I suppose a fix to this would be to increase the Rebel pursuit when you get the text that the ship is going to reveal your position and then reverse the effect if you manage to destroy it rather than increase the Rebel pursuit after it jumps away. This isn't really an issue though because I never even noticed it until today.

Yeah, actually I thought that this is a commonly known exploit. :D I'll have a look at this solution, but it looks feasible. Depends a little on how pursuit modifiers override exactly.

rannl wrote:The mod file needs proofing - both for stats and to reduce weird mod combinations

Yeah, I planned to do some fine tuning before releasing it. Anything that struck you as particular odd? Looking at Java updates now...
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:09 pm

rannl wrote:The mod file needs proofing - both for stats and to reduce weird mod combinations

Yeah, I planned to do some fine tuning before releasing it. Anything that struck you as particular odd? Looking at Java updates now...[/quote]

Hull busting mod does not add <hullBust>1</hullBust> to modded weapons.

Reconfigured mod which removes *2 damage on sys less rooms does not add -1 to the hullBust tag.
Reconfigured also effects a lot of irrelevant weapons - does not have a predicate on hullBust.

Vintage and other "old weapon' mods should not be combined with the more "high tech" mods, imho.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Funny thing I've discovered: I've yet to test it with pure <Sysdamage>, but if a weapon has hull damage (with the equal amount of unmodified sysdamage) and ion damage, then hitting a shield bubble will inflict the ion damage only (unlike your heavy ions II and III, whose SysDamage is inflicted even if it hits the bubble). If it hits a system room, it'll inflict both ion, hull and its consequent system damage, inflicting the ion damage first and the system damage second, just like your heavy ions (when they impact the bubble at least).

BUT

If it's the weapons system that's hit, it'll act as if it inflicted the hull/system damage first and the ion damage second. So a 1-damage, 1-ion shot can disable two weapons at once.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, actually I thought that this is a commonly known exploit. :D I'll have a look at this solution, but it looks feasible. Depends a little on how pursuit modifiers override exactly.

I just tested it out in a scouting run for some other work, and it does indeed work.

EDIT: Just putting this here for some degree of visibility, as it might also be useful for the creation of IL. In Slipstream's extended xml taggery, is it possible to make a list of weapons/ships/etc behave as such that it adds them to an existing list instead of overwrites them, and how would you write out such a feat?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:12 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:EDIT: Just putting this here for some degree of visibility, as it might also be useful for the creation of IL. In Slipstream's extended xml taggery, is it possible to make a list of weapons/ships/etc behave as such that it adds them to an existing list instead of overwrites them, and how would you write out such a feat?

If you are saying what I think you are, then you could look at this mod for an example. It adds weapons to lists without overwriting the lists.

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="{blah blah blah...}">
   <mod-append:name>{blah blah blah...}</mod-append:name>
</mod:findName>
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:27 pm

RAD-82 wrote:If you are saying what I think you are, then you could look at this mod for an example. It adds weapons to lists without overwriting the lists.

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="{blah blah blah...}">
</mod:findName>

Absolutely brilliant. I'm sure it'll come in useful for IL, however it's made it possible to allow one of the modules within my 'kit to work alongside any Total Conversion mod. Thanks greatly!
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Can I have a little help pls? I tried getting captains edition, then the replica ship mod (be sure to check it out!) and the infinite add on in that order but it didn't work and I could only get captains edition. Thx for the awesome mod btw!
Last edited by SomeFederationPerson on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.