[SHIP] Blue Meteor

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Alduin The Husky

[SHIP] Blue Meteor

Postby Alduin The Husky » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:20 pm

I am fairly new here, and would like to introduce myself with a bang!
This is my first ship, and the only difference in this is the design and
a primer in the ship's weapons.

http://www.4shared.com/file/05RYUP8xba/Blue_Meteor.html

The settings on this ship is set to the lowest, so if you have any
suggestions please don't hesitate to post down below. :D
Last edited by Alduin The Husky on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kartoFlane

Re: [SHIP] Blue Meteor

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Hey, welcome to the modding community :) Generally, unless you provide images of what your mod does, people will find little interest in it... However, imgur is a very good alternative to photobucket.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:06 am

It requires a mail address or social media log-in to download. I don't want to provide any of these...
G0ldunDrak0n

Postby G0ldunDrak0n » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Whoa... I didn't play with it yet, but what I can tell you is that the hull graphic looks great (at least, its far better than some other ships I saw) ! Do you have some experience in pixel art or something ? What drawing software did you use ?
One last thing : the site you're using to share your mod is not really one of the best. I suggest you use either Dropbox or MediaFire instead, they're simpler when it comes to quickly downloading things.
Image G0ldunDrak0nImageImage <-- Click here !
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Honestly, I don't really understand your reservation, seeing as photobucket requires email registration, too (as do these forums).
If it really bothers you that much, you can always create a fake email solely for the purpose of registering. Besides, imgur is a very popular and reliable host that I've never received any form of spam from.
But it's your decision, and it's a very good practice not to throw your data left and right on the internet.

Regarding the ship itself, it looks pretty damn cool, and the layout itself is nice, too. The starting loadout is quite strong, though... Starting with three weapons, teleporter, 4 crewmembers, weapon preigniter, 2 repair drones to fix stuff while your crew boards AND plenty of reactor power to do it all at once -- that's pretty extreme...

I'd suggest toning it down a bit, so that there are some tradeoffs - for example, you get the preigniter, the teleporter and one repair drone, but less weapons, only 1 or maybe 2 crew members and not enough reactor to power everything outright -- that way the player has to choose which strategy to use (board and rely on the drone to keep stuff operational - risky but rewarding, or man the stations and utilize the preigniter to fire a missile-hungry weapon - safe but inefficient)
But that's just my opinion, I'm a fan to designing ships like that... *shrug*
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Most ships can has energy (zoltans count as energy) to power every system BUT the medbay and im not sure about drones but don't give power for the ONE drone that should be on the ship. two is too much. oh and add a max of 3 crew for all powerful your ship is
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
Alduin The Husky

Postby Alduin The Husky » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:57 am

Thank you for the input, guys! Well, I am not used to internet programs/usage yet.
I do apologies for the uploading of the file and whatnot. :oops:

I'll move the file sometime else because I am in the middle of a project at work.
I am an artist and I do concept arts for customers, so that came in handy,
and this ship here is actually made with the Paint Program of Windows.
(never gets old)

As for the statistics, I'll tweak it as suggested. But I played it on Infinite Mod and I
died fairly quickly as the enemy ship has that green shield over. :lol:
Or it could have been my luck the ship I engaged with is aptly equipped.