[Ship]Mercenary Work

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
theDoomBox

[Ship]Mercenary Work

Postby theDoomBox » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am

This is my second mod, this time with custom weapons! Before I say anything else, I'll show you a little back story for the ship.

"With the Rebels advancing at alarming rates, key figures of the Federation decided that the current fleet would not serve as a strong enough force to repel the Rebels until reinforcements could arrive, and that action had to be taken. It was agreed on that they would hire mercenarys, who would serve as a buffer between them and the rebels, allowing for infantry to secure planets within Federation reach.

You are a small time group leader, scrounging up whatever money you can from the contracts you receive planetside. In the wake of recent events, a federation base within the town you operate in is hiring anyone who can fly a ship and fire a gun to help combat the Rebels. With fire in your eyes, ambition at heart, and money on the mind, you and your comrades rush down as fast as you can to the base, and promptly sign up and gather your belongings, not long before the Federation soldiers have herded you into a shuttle.

Now that you have been equipped with your own light cruiser, a Federation stock craft, and have 'found' yourself a weapon, you start set out but before leaving, the base security transfers data, and orders you to head directly for Sector 8. Without hesitation, you boost out of the hangar and start your adventure."

Now that you get the gist of whats happening, I'll share some screenshots and stats.

Screenshots:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/795 ... 4661B03B7/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/795 ... F8678D9CB/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/795 ... AB3E12774/

Starting Stats:

Reactor power: 8

Engines: 2
Teleporter: 2
Shields: 2
Weapons: 2
Medbay: 1
Oxygen: 1
Piloting: 1
Sensors: 1

1 Rockman

1 Human

2 Mantis

The weapon that comes with does 3 damage, has a 13 second cooldown, pierces 2 shields, has a rarity of four, and requires 2 reactor power.

Replaces Engi cruiser type A.

VdownloadV
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ghpat ... rprise.ftl
Last edited by theDoomBox on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NonPlayableYoshi

Re: [Ship]Mercenary Work

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Great work.

1.I love the layout
2.I think i seen this ship before... but i don't know where, maybe Here or Here or MAYBE here...oh wait they replaced the 3rd one with a new hull img.
3.you need to post what the custom gun does from what it looks like i think its like a basic laser...if it is then what the F*bleep?*! because it cost 2 power and has a Big cooldown...based off the pics
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 pm

To be honest, I was being extremely lazy when I wrote this up, I'll add some info about the weapon. I don't know where you get the idea its a basic laser though.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:04 pm

theDoomBox wrote:To be honest, I was being extremely lazy when I wrote this up, I'll add some info about the weapon. I don't know where you get the idea its a basic laser though.

it was a guess that it WORKS like a basic laser. and i have no idea how it works. because you never posted how it works
Captain Ace's Journey
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:10 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:
theDoomBox wrote:To be honest, I was being extremely lazy when I wrote this up, I'll add some info about the weapon. I don't know where you get the idea its a basic laser though.

it was a guess that it WORKS like a basic laser. and i have no idea how it works. because you never posted how it works

Think again. With the magic of the edit button!

Also, it only looks like a big cooldown because its the only weapon equipped. If it were an Ion blast mkII it would look like a long cooldown as well.
Last edited by theDoomBox on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:51 pm

theDoomBox wrote:
Think again. With the magic of the edit button!

Also, it only looks like a big cooldown because its the only weapon equipped. If it were an Ion balst mkII it would look like a long cooldown as well.

well i love the ship like i said. if you make a second one you should make your own hull for it.
Captain Ace's Journey
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:48 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:well i love the ship like i said. if you make a second one you should make your own hull for it.

He did, actually.
TheSurprise_base.jpg

Left: DoomBox's version. Right: Jeff's version.
Are they similar? Yes. It's not the most original design.
But that's a far cry from being the same thing. :roll:
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 pm

I'll admit I used one part of that ship(The little thing on the top with the arrows), the rest was pieced together by myself though. I liked the design he made, and I wanted to make a similar one but with a more original feel. Sadly, that sort of thing is hard to achieve. So I got a uncanny look-alike to jeff's ships.